Seka Exceed RDC

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dhalbrook

by dhalbrook

skinnybex wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 9:45 pm
bhammo1 wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 9:40 pm
Apparently early June for Seka USA store currently. I have Noctural blue in Medium but I am considering trying out a Large as I'm 5'11. Currently it feels not too bad and I haven't really been riding much outdoors so may keep it.
I can forsee an incoming price increase for Seka especially for USA customers. I hope I'm wrong because not much value in a frame like Seka when you can get a Soloist frame for $2700 that is around the same weight as the RDC.
The Soloist is ~50g heavier, but also a bit longer and lower, and has a more relaxed seat tube. For people such as myself who are already running a zero offset seatpost on a 74 degree seat tube to get the saddle far enough forward, it's an important distinction.

I agree on the price increase though -- too much more and the competition will get a lot tougher, especially considering the upcoming potential overall glut of product.

dsveddy

by dsveddy

bhammo1 wrote:Apparently early June for Seka USA store currently. I have Noctural blue in Medium but I am considering trying out a Large as I'm 5'11. Currently it feels not too bad and I haven't really been riding much outdoors so may keep it.
I’m a racer, measure 5’10 tall with 6’ arm span and the L is working very nice for me. Currently running with 2 large spacers on top with a 130mm stem.

In general I subscribe to the unusual “high and long” school of thought on cockpit positioning, so the L is a perfect match for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ytse

by Ytse

Did anyone managed to buy a SEKA Exceed RDC in Europe? What was the source? Where did you get it from?
2020 Scott Addict RC / 2021 Trek Emonda SLR / 2023 Specialized Tarmac SL8

nino10

by nino10

Ytse wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 7:50 am
Did anyone managed to buy a SEKA Exceed RDC in Europe? What was the source? Where did you get it from?
Via Cycling100. Personally, I had no problems and a good communication with them. But I also didn't ask any "unnecessary or senseless questions" and expected that estimated delivery times are only estimated times (especially, but not only, during Corona etc.).
Have a look there:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=167579&start=240

https://www.rennrad-news.de/forum/threa ... dc.180317/
(several guys from Europe)

cb6dro

by cb6dro

nino10 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 8:03 am
Ytse wrote:
Via Cycling100. Personally, I had no problems and a good communication with them. But I also didn't ask any "unnecessary or senseless questions" and expected that estimated delivery times are only estimated times (especially, but not only, during Corona etc.).
Have a look there:

I guess you were one of the lucky ones. Mine is 3 weeks overdue, C100 aren't answering and Seka told me last week:
Once we received order confirmation and payment from C100 we will ship the frame to C100 warehouse within 3 days.
However C100 payment process somtimes can be slow. And according to other customers report C100 shipping are very disappointing they have not sent out from 28th April.

dhalbrook

by dhalbrook

So, what is the best course of action for ordering an RDC frame from the US at this point? Try via Cycling100, wait for CCache to have one in stock, eBay, or wait for Seka to open their own online store?

dsveddy

by dsveddy

dhalbrook wrote:So, what is the best course of action for ordering an RDC frame from the US at this point? Try via Cycling100, wait for CCache to have one in stock, eBay, or wait for Seka to open their own online store?
I would wait for Seka to open their own store. Cycling100 doesn’t actually let you open new orders AFAIK and the remaining options are for fulfilling orders that had started before SEKA dropped them as a supplier. CCache’s prices are quite marked up compared to Cycling100. I imagine that reflects the 13-17% VAT on all Chinese imports to Australia, since CCache is based in—and stocks in—Sydney. I would imagine that SEKA’s own pricing would be lower than CCache’s by at least as much since you would be ordering direct from China.

edy1092us

by edy1092us

95s10nj wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:48 pm
edy1092us wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:36 am
Picture with my Sexa Exceed Ink Black frame In M size, Integrated handlebar 110x40, Seat post: 0mm setback
My height 1m76 with 74kg, inseam: 81 cm
Final weight 7.45kg without pedals (I mention that I have GP5000 TL tires 100g heavier,but for me the weight doesn't matter that much)
What I can tell you is that I went out once for 100 km and it left me speechless.
:arrow: Great bike, fast

Thank you Seka for this beautiful frame :thumbup:
Thx cycling100 :thumbup:
I'm conteplating the same size. I'm 178cm but have long legs/short torso. My saddle height is 765mm from bb center. Whats your saddle height?
My height 1m76 with 74kg, inseam: 81 cm

nino10

by nino10

cb6dro wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 10:36 pm
nino10 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 8:03 am
Ytse wrote:
Have a look there:

I guess you were one of the lucky ones. Mine is 3 weeks overdue, C100 aren't answering and Seka told me last week:
Once we received order confirmation and payment from C100 we will ship the frame to C100 warehouse within 3 days.
However C100 payment process somtimes can be slow. And according to other customers report C100 shipping are very disappointing they have not sent out from 28th April.
My set was also several weeks late - that's nothing in the bike industry at the moment. Estimated delivery times are only estimated times.
Enquiries about the shipment may be subjectively reassuring, but they don't change anything. Whoever passes the buck to whom doesn't help either. As soon as C100 ships, you receive a shipment number. As far as I can see, there is no one so far who has not received their order via C100 and for whom the import to Europe has not been absolutely practical.

In the end, buying directly from Seka will probably at least speed up the process in China - we'll see...

nino10

by nino10

https://www.facebook.com/sekabikesph
Some more impressions of the new colors

patchsurfer

by patchsurfer

Gone back a few pages and didn't really see anything on this. Just had a look at the C100 website and it looks as though they're now only taking the balance payments for those who have already put deposits down. Are they being cut out of the loop?

Seka definitely on my radar for a new whip, but pretty nervous given the shitty customer experience that seems to be a recurring theme.

SekaSpain

by SekaSpain

Hi all!

I've been out some weeks, lots of work sorry.

So, big update. We will most likely stop selling Seka. We sold some frames but the margings aren't worth the trouble. We wont open a shop nor invest in a website. It was a good option because many peope wrote a message but we think its not the best business for us. Sorry for all the trouble.

I will help those who contacted me about seatpost and hangers but then Im out.

Sorry for wasting your time! Im sure other people will start importing SEKA soon!

Regards,

milanv

by milanv

:o :roll:

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

I think Joe from China Cyvling will be doing them soon on Panda Podium
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RDY

by RDY

CustomMetal wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 3:23 pm
I think Joe from China Cyvling will be doing them soon on Panda Podium
Unless they give him a sweetheart deal, I think people are going to be disappointed at the pricing ...