Seka Exceed RDC

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

allrandomletters

by allrandomletters

I just ordered a Factor Ostro instead.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

raffy027

by raffy027

i was wondering if anyone has explored aftermarket stem options to get a larger negative degree stem
without needing the weird stem adapter they provide. i've contacted seka about plans for potentially a -12 or -17 configuration in the future but nothing yet it seems.

I've looked at stuff like the enve ses cockpit. maybe that could work cause the hydraulic lines come up through the headset bearings?

https://support.enve.com/hc/en-us/artic ... nd-Routing

https://www.sekabikes.com/en/user-manual/

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Received my Exceed RDC Size L, red/black.
Frame + hangers 960g, uncut fork 380g, seatpost w/o hardware 130g, 120/380 handlebar 335g.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

ChaosMuppet

by ChaosMuppet

raffy027 wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:59 am
i was wondering if anyone has explored aftermarket stem options to get a larger negative degree stem
Apart from the ugly generic stem adapter from SEKA, there is a 3D printable adapter that will fit the stem of the SL 7 which is available in 6° and 12° and allows a neat looking semi-integretion with the cables entering the spacers, hidden underneath the stem.

The link to the printable adapter is here in the thread, just a few pages back, including some photos of the finished setup.

DeathClassic

by DeathClassic

So far the exceed has been great. Besides the seatpost, which slips at 6nm and is unrideable even with carbon paste. One thing I've found that mainly works is shimming using electrical tape, that will hold a lot better but am still losing some mm after a ride. Thinking about getting some hairspray and trying that too. Will hit up C100/SEKA and see what the deal is.

My build as follows: 7kg with computer and lights.
Dura Ace 9270 group, 11-30 casette
Praxis Zayante Crank (50-34) - Not offically 12 speed rated but works fine.
Hunt Aero UD Spoke 45 Wheels
Dura Ace pedals
GP5000 25mm tyres, tubolito tubes
Fabric Ultimate ALM Saddle
IMG_3063.jpg
IMG_3067.jpg

slovenianbp

by slovenianbp

DeathClassic wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:39 am
Besides the seatpost, which slips at 6nm and is unrideable even with carbon paste. One thing I've found that mainly works is shimming using electrical tape, that will hold a lot better but am still losing some mm after a ride. Thinking about getting some hairspray and trying that too. Will hit up C100/SEKA and see what the deal is.
I had same problem. I followed their instructions plus applied chunkier carbon paste, so far its holding.
22.png
22.png (55.49 KiB) Viewed 1825 times
I recommend that you wash the seat post with soap first.
If the seat post slides down, apply grease to the No. 1 screw thread and tighten it to 6 N.m.

derkv

by derkv

DeathClassic wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:39 am
So far the exceed has been great. Besides the seatpost, which slips at 6nm and is unrideable even with carbon paste. One thing I've found that mainly works is shimming using electrical tape, that will hold a lot better but am still losing some mm after a ride. Thinking about getting some hairspray and trying that too. Will hit up C100/SEKA and see what the deal is.

My build as follows: 7kg with computer and lights.
Dura Ace 9270 group, 11-30 casette
Praxis Zayante Crank (50-34) - Not offically 12 speed rated but works fine.
Hunt Aero UD Spoke 45 Wheels
Dura Ace pedals
GP5000 25mm tyres, tubolito tubes
Fabric Ultimate ALM Saddle

IMG_3063.jpgIMG_3067.jpg
Using Muc-Off carbon paste it doesn't slip for me (76kg). However after some months a creaking noise does appear, which then disappears after applying new paste.

DeathClassic

by DeathClassic

derkv wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:35 pm
Using Muc-Off carbon paste it doesn't slip for me (76kg). However after some months a creaking noise does appear, which then disappears after applying new paste.
I'm the same weight so will try something like that. Not sure if carbon paste can go off but it seems like the grit leaves mine real quick and just turns into a slick film. Which clearly isn't going to help! Did you put any on the wedge face itself?

dvq

by dvq

Is the seatpost problem a widespread issue with this frameset?

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Not too many reports in this thread (yet), but we'll see :D
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

derkv

by derkv

DeathClassic wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:06 pm
derkv wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:35 pm
I'm the same weight so will try something like that. Not sure if carbon paste can go off but it seems like the grit leaves mine real quick and just turns into a slick film. Which clearly isn't going to help! Did you put any on the wedge face itself?
Didn't put anything on the wedge face.

dsveddy

by dsveddy

How has shipping communication been for everyone else here? My frame supposedly cleared customs in the US on March 7th. It's almost been a week and still no sign. On the 8th Takesend reported "Transshipped, waiting to be scanned online", and I've heard nothing since then. I also haven't gotten a UPS/FedEx tracking number, which I find pretty frustrating. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

renegade1848

by renegade1848

dvq wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:25 pm
Is the seatpost problem a widespread issue with this frameset?
Well, I cannot answer that question really, but can report another seat post problem here. I had issues inserting it to the maximum length (20cm) after about 16cm it needed brute force, so to say. Also, doing this resulted in a pretty nasty klicking or crunshing noise during riding. On closer inspection I found that the seat tube had a little bit of a bulge where the right hand seatstay joined, making the inner seat tube too narrow for the seat post. I fixed this by simply cutting 5cm off of the seatpost and now it seems fine with no slipping, even though I'm (unfortunately) on the heavy end with about 90kg.

However, this is a quality issue and I reported it to both cycling100 (where I bought it) and Seka directly a couple of weeks ago. No reply, yet. Unfortunately, this spot I was talking about is kind of hard to make a good picture off, at least with my smartphone camera.

Tipp for those with a seatpost slipping: in the past, I was always able to sort that issue by applying 2-3 layers of clear coat. And if even this didn't work, I just glued some proper sanding paper to the clamp.

skinnybex

by skinnybex

I just asked for a refund with C100. I've changed my mind about this frame. Instead I bought the new Supersix Evo4 frame and I'll build that up.
23’ Cervelo Soloist / 6.88kg - 1x Crit Bike
22' Cervelo R5 / 6.35kg - Climbing Bike
22' Cervelo Caledonia 5 / 7.55kg - Travel Bike
21' Cervelo Aspero / 8.06kg - Gravel Travel Bike
23' Cervelo Aspero 5 / 8.25kg - Gravel Race Bike

DeathClassic

by DeathClassic

What I can say so far is that the general finishing and quality of the frameset has been very high. Looking into the frame shows nothing nasty at all, very clean and well put together. Build process was easy. Coming from more traditional framesets (2014 Scott Addict Team, caad12, SSE 2 HM Disc, Fuji SL 1.5) this feels very stiff, nothing flexy. I'm 75kg so YMMV. There is a feeling of speed on a bike like this, but that is just a subjective feeling. I would 100% reccomend getting some anti rattle tubing to go over the rear brake hose in the downtube.

EDIT: Thanks to slovenianbp and derkv above for the tips. Using Muckoff Carbon gripper and cleaning the frame + post heaps seems to have worked.The older carbon paste I used was Fenwicks Carbon Assembly paste which was way less grippy and almost greasy in comparison. I've tested slippage by literally bouncing my whole body weight on the saddle and it doesn't move at all now. A ride tomorrow morning will be the ultimate test.

EDIT 2: No slippage at all. Perfect.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com