Seka Exceed RDC

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

impotentloki

by impotentloki

Hey guys, anyone coming from a TCR advanced SL to the Seka?

Care to share your experience between the two? I'm considering to change because the SL's seat mast has been creaking for a bit now, and the gloss black Seka looks amazing.

GONE4ARIDE

by GONE4ARIDE

Interesting and somewhat encouraging new post on Cycling100's website. The following was posted on February 23rd:

=====

CUSTOMER IS KING

You may have heard that our service sucks, but we promise you the situation has changed, and don't you want to give us a try?

=====

I am happy to see this as I get ready to order my wife an Exceed RDC frameset this weekend.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

apolloFER

by apolloFER

Probabaly because Cam Nicholls had a video 3 days ago complaining about Cycling 100 and bad customer service. Something we've noticed 6+ months ago.

RDY

by RDY

GONE4ARIDE wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:13 pm
Interesting and somewhat encouraging new post on Cycling100's website. The following was posted on February 23rd:

=====

CUSTOMER IS KING

You may have heard that our service sucks, but we promise you the situation has changed, and don't you want to give us a try?

=====

I am happy to see this as I get ready to order my wife an Exceed RDC frameset this weekend.
That's the best they could do? Strongly advise people to use other suppliers still.

ChaosMuppet

by ChaosMuppet

Time will tell... I got quick replies to my inquiries and they acknowledged my order and payment immediately. I guess the real test will be if someone needs to file a warranty claim. I have not read many reports of damaged SEKA frames, though, for what it's worth.

GONE4ARIDE

by GONE4ARIDE

apolloFER wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:15 pm
Probabaly because Cam Nicholls had a video 3 days ago complaining about Cycling 100 and bad customer service. Something we've noticed 6+ months ago.
Exactly my point. We all know that their service has been horrendous, but this is the first indication that they have acknowledged the problem. Now we will see if they can back up their words.

RDY

by RDY

GONE4ARIDE wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:57 pm
apolloFER wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:15 pm
Exactly my point. We all know that their service has been horrendous, but this is the first indication that they have acknowledged the problem. Now we will see if they can back up their words.
There have been reported problems - including the anecdote cam told about his acquaintence - which just happened. Now they cry crocodile tears and say everything is fixed a couple of days after YT video gets 10s of thousands of views? Be realistic.

calleking

by calleking

I got a refund after cancelling my RDC in a few days and they usually answered emails within 2-3 days so from my point of view their customer service was decent.

I tried ordering directly from Seka but they wanted me to go through cycling100.
2022 Wilier Filante SLR Dura-Ace/Ultegra Di2 12sp
2021 Cannondale Scalpel Carbon 2

Retired:
2018 S-Works Tarmac SL6 Sagan Superstar DA 9150
2016 Aeroad CF SLX UDi2
2016 CAAD12 - SRAM Red 22 - Hyper 50mm

GONE4ARIDE

by GONE4ARIDE

For those who have ordered Seka framesets through CCache in Australia, how was the overall experience?

apolloFER

by apolloFER

Got more accurate weight for our stats.

Pearl white RDC, size L, with direct mount hanger, FD hanger, seatpost bung screw and blank Di2 junction cap. Fork cut to 35mm spacers (total cut off length was 60.4mm).

Frame 966g
Fork 365g

dvq

by dvq

Chat with us

or

Contact us at

2021cycling100@gmail.com

support@cycling100.com

service@cycling100.com

Ask us anything and feel free to attack us if you don't get an answer in time.

Nice to meet you, my king. And thank you for giving us a second chance.
Man, this messaging is really weird.

dsveddy

by dsveddy

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, I'm sure I couldn't do much better if I tried to write a similar message in Chinese

apolloFER

by apolloFER

As many folks have reported, flat mount facing is pretty bad. I still have to connect the levers but even as is, it's obvious that rotor and pads are not parallel and that I'll need to have the mounts faced.

RDY

by RDY

dsveddy wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:36 pm
[/quote]

Well, I'm sure I couldn't do much better if I tried to write a similar message in Chinese
[/quote]

I think their CS guy is a Brit ...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

liam7020

by liam7020

GONE4ARIDE wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:36 pm
For those who have ordered Seka framesets through CCache in Australia, how was the overall experience?
I ordered through their Ebay site and everything was pretty straightforward. I received the frame to Ireland from Australia about 3 weeks after ordering.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen