Seka Exceed RDC

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

WeeniestWeigh

by WeeniestWeigh

dsveddy wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 2:51 pm
SekaSpain wrote:Hi all!

Some people contacted me by email asking for an extra Rear Derailleur Hanger. Please tell me if it would be interesting to get more parts.

MSRP is 29 EURO and shipping would be as cheap as we can get it.

Any admin, please contact me cause I dont wanna spam and I really dont know what I can and what I cannot say. Just dont wanna sh*tpost the forum.

Regards,
I would be interested in buying a shimano direct mount hanger. Currently the only alternative is C100, which is crazy expensive to get to the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C100 No longer list the direct mount shimano hanger on their website. I contacted C100 earlier this week to ask how to order one, but nothing back from them yet.

I too would be interested in ordering a direct mount shimano hanger from @SekaSpain, assuming my Exceed order actually arrives later this month (Seka estimated it would be shipped on the 20th when I enquired earlier this year).

SekaSpain

by SekaSpain

WeeniestWeigh wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 11:17 pm
dsveddy wrote:

Some people contacted me by email asking for an extra Rear Derailleur Hanger. Please tell me if it would be interesting to get more parts.

Any admin, please contact me cause I dont wanna spam and I really dont know what I can and what I cannot say. Just dont wanna sh*tpost the forum.

Regards,
I would be interested in buying a shimano direct mount hanger. Currently the only alternative is C100, which is crazy expensive to get to the US.

C100 No longer list the direct mount shimano hanger on their website. I contacted C100 earlier this week to ask how to order one, but nothing back from them yet.

I too would be interested in ordering a direct mount shimano hanger from @SekaSpain, assuming my Exceed order actually arrives later this month (Seka estimated it would be shipped on the 20th when I enquired earlier this year).
OK! I talked to Seka and will bring some hangers. They only have direct mount shimano ones in stock right now.

I edit my last post to show new SEKA colors. It the Shanghai Bike exhibition these days. Before you ask, I dont know when these colors will be available.

If you are interested I can post more photos.

Regards,

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

raffy027

by raffy027

SekaSpain wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 1:53 am
WeeniestWeigh wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 11:17 pm
dsveddy wrote:

Regards,

OK! I talked to Seka and will bring some hangers. They only have direct mount shimano ones in stock right now.

I edit my last post to show new SEKA colors. It the Shanghai Bike exhibition these days. Before you ask, I dont know when these colors will be available.

Regards,
is there any models on display with information on new handlebar models for -12 or -17 angle? or maybe separate bar/stem combos? would be cool if you can ask!

SekaSpain

by SekaSpain

I will be there on Sunday. Let me know your questions and I will try to ask all of them!

nino10

by nino10

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes please :)

ChaosMuppet

by ChaosMuppet

Yes, please do send more pictures of the new variants! And please let us know when you hear about availability.

I really dig the new white one. It seems to be an RDC variant, which is a bit sad, as I might have to cough up the extra money now, instead of buying the regular model... Oh well.

SekaSpain

by SekaSpain

So, availability is 90 days from now to get it from SEKA Shanghai. Meaning you need to add the delivery to Europe, yeah, sad. We have another purchase order ongoing with SEKA right now but these frames have this lead time and there is nothing we can do.

So.... here some pics from the catalogue

RDY

by RDY

SekaSpain wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 10:56 am
So, availability is 90 days from now to get it from SEKA Shanghai. Meaning you need to add the delivery to Europe, yeah, sad. We have another purchase order ongoing with SEKA right now but these frames have this lead time and there is nothing we can do.

So.... here some pics from the catalogue

Wish they offered the minimal logo option on all of them. The format on the green frame looks way better.

As we now have a point of contact ... do you know what happened to the max tire clearance? At one point they changed it from 30mm to 28mm ...

If they were to update the frame, they really should make it 32-33mm.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

RDY wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 12:43 pm
As we now have a point of contact ... do you know what happened to the max tire clearance? At one point they changed it from 30mm to 28mm ...

From my measures (haven't built the bike up yet), chainstays have clearance of 40mm (so 32mm WAM tyre should fit with 4mm of clearance either side), the fork has even more room.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

RDY

by RDY

mrlobber wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 2:24 pm
RDY wrote:

From my measures (haven't built the bike up yet), chainstays have clearance of 40mm (so 32mm WAM tyre should fit with 4mm of clearance either side), the fork has even more room.
Odd then that they changed the spec from 30mm to 28mm .. height rather than width?

MichaelK

by MichaelK

RDY wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 2:33 pm
mrlobber wrote:
RDY wrote:

Odd then that they changed the spec from 30mm to 28mm .. height rather than width?
Where are you getting 28mm from? The FAQ on the official website still says 30mm. AFAIK the last time this came up people were reading the tyre clearance for the Afield model on the FAQ page.

https://www.sekabikes.com/en/faq2/

RDY

by RDY

MichaelK wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 4:30 pm
RDY wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 2:33 pm
mrlobber wrote:
RDY wrote:

Where are you getting 28mm from? The FAQ on the official website still says 30mm. AFAIK the last time this came up people were reading the tyre clearance for the Afield model on the FAQ page.

https://www.sekabikes.com/en/faq2/
I think you're half right and I'd forgotten. They copy-pasted the Afield tire clearance into the Exceed section.

SekaSpain

by SekaSpain

Hi all! some points here:
Clearance is 30mm for the Exceed, I checked with them yesterday.
There is no plan for -12 or -17º handlebar. Right now is -8 and its all you will get. If you wanna use -17 or whatever, your handlebar wont be horizontal, they said it does not make sense.

90 days delivery time for new colors confirmed.

TriJoeri

by TriJoeri

SekaSpain wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 3:03 am

90 days delivery time for new colors confirmed.
The last colorway on the Exceed RDC (white with pink and blue), will it be available at your site in size S? Any changes to the pricing known perhaps?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SekaSpain

by SekaSpain

As far as I know, prices are mostly the same for retail in the whole world.
Its 2.500 EURO for the RDC and 2.000 EURO for the normal model. New colors will have the same price as far as I know, but again, 90 days lead time.

Regards,