Seka Exceed RDC

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

DeathClassic

by DeathClassic

I found mine to have a sloppy fit similar to the above. I tried a range of things which resulted in slippage. The only thing that worked for me was adding a few layers of clearcoat and some fine sand on the flat part of the seatpost to act in the same way as carbon paste. It was rock solid following that. Just using carbon paste didn't work as if I rode in the rain water would get in and wash out the grit.

RDY

by RDY

GONE4ARIDE wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:41 pm
Question for those of you who own or who have built up one of these framesets.

I just purchased one for my wife and when I went to begin the build I was shocked to see that there is virtually zero interference when inserting the seatpost into the seat tube. In fact, there is actually a fair amount of play until you begin to torque the grub bolt to engage the wedge with the seatpost. I am also surprised with the large gaps that exists between the seatpost at the top of seat tube at its insertion point.

Is this common with these frames and seatposts?

I have built up dozens of bikes over the past few decades and I can't remember ever seeing a seatpost/seat tube interface like this one. IMG_4655.jpg
You shouldn't try to bodge a fix for this. That's way out and never should have left the factory.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

GONE4ARIDE

by GONE4ARIDE

RDY wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:20 pm
GONE4ARIDE wrote:

I just purchased one for my wife and when I went to begin the build I was shocked to see that there is virtually zero interference when inserting the seatpost into the seat tube. In fact, there is actually a fair amount of play until you begin to torque the grub bolt to engage the wedge with the seatpost. I am also surprised with the large gaps that exists between the seatpost at the top of seat tube at its insertion point.

I have built up dozens of bikes over the past few decades and I can't remember ever seeing a seatpost/seat tube interface like this one. IMG_4655.jpg
You shouldn't try to bodge a fix for this. That's way out and never should have left the factory.
Agree. I am a perfectionist and have been around this game too long to accept a bodge.

I have sent a message to Scott at Seka. We'll see how they respond.

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

RDY wrote:
GONE4ARIDE wrote:

This. That would be applying clearcoat and playground sand with a paint brush used for house painting it looks so bad.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

djel

by djel

Just sharing a positive warranty experience with Seka...

I had an issue with my frameset that I received in late 2022. I rode the entire 2023 season without any issues, but faced a problem during the off season on the trainer. I had applied a protective film on the driveside chainstay, and I wanted to reapply it correctly during the winter months. Starting to peel off the film peeled the paint, so I stopped and left it as-is as it was only slightly misaligned. I put the bike on the trainer and I noticed creaking noise coming from the back of the bike. Upon inspection, the carbon layers were starting to delaminate where the paint peeled off. I initiated a warranty claim with Seka directly following their policy, and they confirmed that they will replace the frameset under warranty at no extra costs. I had to choose a new color as the one I had was discontinued, but overall it was fairly smooth considering everything. It's definitely not as easy as going to your LBS, but it was a positive experience. Initial request was sent on January 8th, and I received my new frameset on February 15.

liam7020

by liam7020

HAs anyone considered usiing, or already as using, the Farsports F1 integrated on the Seka Exceed? I see on the FS website they now offer an adapter for the Exceed. Interesting range of sizes and weights.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

stevec1975

by stevec1975

Last edited by stevec1975 on Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stevec1975

by stevec1975

Anyone know of a spacer for an Exceed Gen One Handlebar/Stem for an SL8? I have contacted Seka directly but no response thus far

sr1512

by sr1512

Hi Community.

I'm Stefan from germany and I registered for saying 'thank you' to this particular thread. Read nearly all 82 pages and it helped a lot. I ended up buying a Exceed RDC (liquid metallic black) from Florian Bikes in the netherlands. Totally easy ordering and super fast delivery (from payment to their bank account till arrival in 5 days). A missing bolt was shipped within 2 days.

The frame itself was on point. Packaging, paintjob, tolerances - all good. Only the cable routing was a bit tight in the barcombo.

In the end no weenie bike, but i think i will have a lot of fun with it.

Weights:
Frame (size XL, with seatpost wedge, RD-hanger, bottle cage bolts, FD-plate) - 1016g
Fork (cut) - 380g
Seatpost (with saddleclamp) - 176g
Barcombo (380-120) - 347g
2 x Schwalbe Pro One (30mm) - 640g
Dura Ace C50 (with tape and valves) - 1515g

Total weight (ready to ride as seen on the pictures) = 7,65kg

(the measurement of the total weight is slightly inaccurat - used a normal bathroom scale)
Seka Exceed RDC - 2.jpg
Seka Exceed RDC - 3.jpg
Seka Exceed RDC - 4.jpg
Seka Exceed RDC - 1.jpg

lemeneid

by lemeneid

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6DvtAYR ... NheGJpcW9q

New frame from Seka, looks like another do it all bike. Hopefully there is more tire clearance.

dsveddy

by dsveddy

Beautiful build, @sr1512! Very happy the forum was helpful to you!