Seka Exceed RDC

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

toxin

by toxin

China Cycling is in talks with Seka to possibly get them on pandapodium.cc

cb6dro

by cb6dro

dvq wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:40 am
Even after paying for the remainder with C100 I had to follow up with multiple times and eventually get SEKA involved to get the frame shipped after 2 weeks -- finally have a tracking number now.

This is just pulling teeth with everyone involved, legitimately one of the worst experiences I've ever had with a retailer. This experience is only eclipsed by the wait (going on 2 years) and lack of communication I've had waiting for the upcoming Lotus Emira.
Did your frame arrive, or is it still in transit?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dvq

by dvq

cb6dro wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 5:03 pm
dvq wrote:
Even after paying for the remainder with C100 I had to follow up with multiple times and eventually get SEKA involved to get the frame shipped after 2 weeks -- finally have a tracking number now.

This is just pulling teeth with everyone involved, legitimately one of the worst experiences I've ever had with a retailer. This experience is only eclipsed by the wait (going on 2 years) and lack of communication I've had waiting for the upcoming Lotus Emira.
Arrives Thursday via FedEx.

cb6dro

by cb6dro

dvq wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 3:32 am
cb6dro wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 5:03 pm
dvq wrote:

Arrives Thursday via FedEx.
Thanks

NickHH22

by NickHH22

SekaSpain wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 10:23 am
As far as I know, prices are mostly the same for retail in the whole world.
Its 2.500 EURO for the RDC and 2.000 EURO for the normal model. New colors will have the same price as far as I know, but again, 90 days lead time.

Regards,
That would be quite an increase in price. It was 1500€ at cycling100 for the normal SEKA Exceed and 2000€ for the RDC. (plus around 200€ for shipping)

ChaosMuppet

by ChaosMuppet

NickHH22 wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 9:20 am
That would be quite an increase in price. It was 1500€ at cycling100 for the normal SEKA Exceed and 2000€ for the RDC. (plus around 200€ for shipping)
That is true only if you get around paying import duty. SekaSpain will have to pay these and then put something on top to earn money. It'll be cheaper to buy from SEKA directly, while paying more to a European store will buy you some warranty.

alanyu

by alanyu

ChaosMuppet wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 7:24 am
NickHH22 wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 9:20 am
That is true only if you get around paying import duty. SekaSpain will have to pay these and then put something on top to earn money. It'll be cheaper to buy from SEKA directly, while paying more to a European store will buy you some warranty.
Not true. C100 uses EU VAT prepaid service provided by the carrie like others (farsports, lb, etc.)

ChaosMuppet

by ChaosMuppet

alanyu wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 7:47 am
Not true. C100 uses EU VAT prepaid service provided by the carrie like others (farsports, lb, etc.)
That is pure tax avoidance. They ship under false papers to EU countries that don't look too hard, and then send it further as EU-domestic parcel that is not checked by customs anymore.

Fact is, as a proper importer you will pay full tax and duty, and then you want to earn something yourself.

alanyu

by alanyu

ChaosMuppet wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 8:02 am
alanyu wrote:
That is pure tax avoidance. They ship under false papers to EU countries that don't look too hard, and then send it further as EU-domestic parcel that is not checked by customs anymore.

Fact is, as a proper importer you will pay full tax and duty, and then you want to earn something yourself.
As a proper importer thay don't pay full MSRP as individual customer. Chinese MSRP of RDC including local VAT is 12990 cny ~ 1700 eur. Seka global MSRP has already added a bit on it.

Lina

by Lina

alanyu wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 8:30 am
ChaosMuppet wrote:
alanyu wrote:

As a proper importer thay don't pay full MSRP as individual customer. Chinese MSRP of RDC including local VAT is 12990 cny ~ 1700 eur. Seka global MSRP has already added a bit on it.
But the buyer will have to pay VAT for the full price when buying from a legit seller. In most of EU VAT is over 20%. The fact is that none of the "taxes prepaid" shipping services from China pay the appropriate taxes. And if you're selling from within the EU there are certain obligations you have regarding the product.

alanyu

by alanyu

Lina wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 9:15 am
alanyu wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 8:30 am
ChaosMuppet wrote:
alanyu wrote:

But the buyer will have to pay VAT for the full price when buying from a legit seller. In most of EU VAT is over 20%. The fact is that none of the "taxes prepaid" shipping services from China pay the appropriate taxes. And if you're selling from within the EU there are certain obligations you have regarding the product.
Maybe I think it wrongly, but what I read from the Van Rysel 2023 thread, some one argued that Van Rysel asks too much regarding US vs EU MSRP, and some replied that quite a bit US brands ask too much regarding EU vs US MSRP, but then he argued back that's due to tje EU VAT included in MSRP.

Thus, basically it's not true, as people in EU still to pay VAT on top of the increased MSRP of some US brands? (which means the increased MSRP doesn't include EU VAT?)

ChaosMuppet

by ChaosMuppet

Prices by EU vendors targeted at consumers are always to be considered incl. VAT in Europe. So I take the prices from SekaSpain to be incl. VAT.

If we assume 20% VAT (average in EU) on the 2000 price for the exceed, that is 333 VAT (of which the vendor will send the difference of that they payed for import tax to the state)

So, if an importer buys for 1500 at SEKA, they end up paying 1800 with import tax. Sell it for 2000 incl. VAT, give the tax difference 33 to the state and and up with 167 earned before tax.

We can assume that they get a discount at SEKA, so if they buy it for 1300, they end up paying 1560 with import tax, again sell it for 2000, pay 73 tax difference to the state and earn 367 before tax, which sounds more realistic but still nothing to get rich with.

renegade1848

by renegade1848

toxin wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 1:37 pm
Got a source for that? Would make sense IMO...

toxin

by toxin

renegade1848 wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 1:11 pm
toxin wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 1:37 pm
Got a source for that? Would make sense IMO...
He told me in yt comments

Chapps

by Chapps

Scott Sun @ Seka said their shop would be up 15/20 May.
I ordered a SM RDC Black through C100 30/9/22 and finally cancelled on the last day of 6mth PayPal protection. Luckily got my deposit back. Scott explained they were not dealing with C100 anymore.
Hopefully Seka make a good job of their shop, or Joe @ China Cycling/Panda Podium.
I ended up ordering a WinSpace T1550 as the quality looks good, Hambini rates their build quality and BB tolerances, so seems safe money. £1326 delivered to U.K
WinSpace have a new Aero bar/Cockpit coming out in June to fully enclose the cables/hoses for the ACR/Token routing.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com