Seka Exceed RDC

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

RustyCage

by RustyCage

I've enjoyed mine now for 6+mo (10-15hr/wk). Generally I'm happy. I have a fast set of wheels on the bike, and I suspect there isn't much more aero I can squeeze out of 6.8kg. Maybe the new Giant Propel can do better, but it would be very marginal gains I suspect, and I would still choose the SEKA or a Factor.

I suggest making sure the rear hanger bolt (just in front of the rear axle) has plenty thread locker and well tightened. I've found that my shifting was slowly degrading and than a clicking sound developed when sprinting. Turns out this bolt was slowly getting loosened.

My frameset did come with a incorrectly set rivnut on one of the bottle cage bolts. I've rigged it up to work at the moment, but it's something I'm going to have to deal with at some point. I contacted SEKA, but their only response was to use the supplied bolts, which is frankly no solution at all. Ug.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

windsurfingodie

by windsurfingodie

RustyCage wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:07 pm
I've enjoyed mine now for 6+mo (10-15hr/wk). Generally I'm happy. I have a fast set of wheels on the bike, and I suspect there isn't much more aero I can squeeze out of 6.8kg. Maybe the new Giant Propel can do better, but it would be very marginal gains I suspect, and I would still choose the SEKA or a Factor.

I suggest making sure the rear hanger bolt (just in front of the rear axle) has plenty thread locker and well tightened. I've found that my shifting was slowly degrading and than a clicking sound developed when sprinting. Turns out this bolt was slowly getting loosened.

My frameset did come with a incorrectly set rivnut on one of the bottle cage bolts. I've rigged it up to work at the moment, but it's something I'm going to have to deal with at some point. I contacted SEKA, but their only response was to use the supplied bolts, which is frankly no solution at all. Ug.
I had the same issue with the downtube lower bolt for the water bottle and was off slightly but used the lower set of bolts and works fine.

Rudi

by Rudi

Just had my shipping notification today (17th Jan), so 11 days after paying the balance
Cervelo R3 - 5.4kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=142420

ladeef

by ladeef

my wheelset finally came in, Light Bicycle Ar565d, weighted in at 1390g, 56mm
Attachments
PXL_20230117_191712163.jpg

zaak

by zaak

ladeef wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:15 am
this is XL?

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

That is a giant headtube!

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk

Never cheer before you know who is winning

Rudi

by Rudi

And now delivered! 1 day after the shipping notification, to the UK.

Have to say I am very impressed with their packaging. Did have a minor panic where I thought there was no seat post but it is neatly stowed away underneath the handlebars.

warickwrx

by warickwrx

Rudi wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:03 pm
And now delivered! 1 day after the shipping notification, to the UK.

Have to say I am very impressed with their packaging. Did have a minor panic where I thought there was no seat post but it is neatly stowed away underneath the handlebars.
Wow that was quick. Keep us updated on the build.

Rudi

by Rudi

Remembering how to upload images :-) - here is the package

zmiah90

by zmiah90

Hi guys,

Anyone had issues with seatpost slippage? Mine seems to be slipping down about 10mm from my set height every time I ride. I've put plenty of carbon paste and tightened clamp to recommended torque but no dice. Any pointers would be appreciated otherwise may have to go back to SEKA.

Cheers

warickwrx

by warickwrx

zmiah90 wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:35 pm
Hi guys,

Anyone had issues with seatpost slippage? Mine seems to be slipping down about 10mm from my set height every time I ride. I've put plenty of carbon paste and tightened clamp to recommended torque but no dice. Any pointers would be appreciated otherwise may have to go back to SEKA.

Cheers
Whats the torque spec ? maybe try increase by 1 or 2 nm normally helps on other frames with similar issues

ladeef

by ladeef

zmiah90 wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:35 pm
Hi guys,

Cheers
I was having that issue as well, I washed the seat post with dish soap and warm water, then reapplyed carbon paste. It seem to solve it.

ladeef

by ladeef

zaak wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:23 am
ladeef wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:15 am
this is XL?
Yes XL

dsveddy

by dsveddy

Crossposting this from Chinertown

Just preordered a large standard frameset in blue from Cycling100 (Jan 15). Was quoted "10-12 weeks". Fingers crossed. It's still early in the season, so if all goes well I hopefully will be able to have this bike in time for May.

My current bike, a Tarmac SL5, is nearly 10 years old; it's high time I got something new, and the proliferation of LTWOO disc groupsets has really brought the cost of the build down. I have been painstakingly speccing out possible builds. For a while I considered the Elves Falath but that frame would have been about 250gr more than the Seka, but in the end only ~$300 less. Similarly I could have gotten a Yoeleo R11 or R12 for slightly less, but the yoeleo bikes aren't as beautiful, are essentially the same price. The R11 isn't quite as aero, and I believe the R12 slightly heavier. I might end up regretting not getting an R12 instead--we'll see.

Geometry wise, I currently run a size 56 on my Tarmac with a 110mm stem, 80mm bar reach, and ~0.5cm of spacer--which has always felt a little short for me. I have abnormally long arms relative to my height and run a very-forward saddle, so in general I need a lot of reach, something that is at odds with the Seka's geometry, and with Chinese frames and bar-stems in general. The combined frame+bar reaches of the "size 56" equivalent Seka, R12 and the Falath are all about 1cm shorter than my Tarmac, therefore the only way to get the geometry I really want is to get a 130mm stem, and Seka is the only company besides Farsports offering of a 130mm stem with 380mm bars. Some might retort that this isn't an issue when you run a separate bar-stem, but I really believe in the aerodynamics of a combined bar-stem, making the availability of a 130mmx380mm handlebar a key selling point for me with the Seka.

Current build plan is:
-standard Seka frameset+bar+Token BB (1054gr frame, 370gr fork, 325gr bar, 165gr post, 105gr BB)
-LTWOO R9 Disc carbon (11-speed) groupset (1167gr brifters+derraileurs+calipers, 200gr cables+housing)
-Magene P325CS powermeter crank (730gr)
-YBN SLA-110 chain (249gr)
-SROAD one-piece CNC cassette (230gr)
-|||PRO brand rotors (308gr)
-ICAN Aero 35 disc wheels (1355gr)
-GP5000s tires (280gr x2)
-Specialized power S-works carbon saddle (160gr)
-No-name Supacaz imitation handlebar tape (50gr)

According to my calculations given quoted weights for everything is estimated at 7100 grams. We'll see about that! I'm guessing going from a M to a L will add ~200g+, and the accumulated error on quoted weights will add up to over ~300gr, so I would be very happy if it was anywhere close to 7.5kg dry.

MSRP for this build is right around $3700 including cost of shipping to the US (excluding saddle since that's taken from my old bike). A comparable bike like the soloist with ultegra is $4300--and that's without shipping, racing wheels or power meter--so add about $2000 to that to reach a similar spec.

Anyways, wish me the best of luck!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dsveddy

by dsveddy

Rudi wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:10 pm
Remembering how to upload images :-) - here is the package

Hey Rudi, taking a look at your photo begs the question--is the bare carbon visible? One of the selling points for me was the really nice transparent blue to clearcoat over carbon fade. I worry looking at your photo that the paint is opaque. Can you confirm for me if this is the case?