Seka Exceed RDC

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dvq

by dvq

Finally got my frame but not without some drama to finish it off. Saw the delivery truck outside, finishing up a conference call, 30 seconds after the truck leaves a homeless guy with a knife came around to open up my package and started dragging my new Seka frame away. Had to fight him off but it's finally safe with me and everything is in order.

Onto the weights:
SEKA RDC S No Hardware 866g
Fork Uncut 396g
Seatpost Uncut No Hardware 123g
100mm/40cm bars 331g

milanv

by milanv

:shock:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

micky

by micky

cb6dro

by cb6dro

dvq wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 11:47 pm
Finally got my frame but not without some drama to finish it off. Saw the delivery truck outside, finishing up a conference call, 30 seconds after the truck leaves a homeless guy with a knife came around to open up my package and started dragging my new Seka frame away. Had to fight him off but it's finally safe with me and everything is in order.

Onto the weights:
Fork Uncut 396g
100mm/40cm bars 331g
Good to hear, it arrived not the fight with the homeless guy :lol:

Mine's now a week and a half overdue. Emailed/FB messaged both C100 and Seka a couple of times over the last week, complete radio silence from both. Expected that from C100, but Seka always replied in the past. Very annoying, it shouldn't be this hard to get a reply.

ChaosMuppet

by ChaosMuppet

The Winspace is a nice option, too, but it's geometry is very different from the SEKA, much lower. So they do not really compete with each other. Looking forward to the SEKA store!

dvq

by dvq

cb6dro wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 8:44 am
dvq wrote:

Onto the weights:
Fork Uncut 396g
100mm/40cm bars 331g

Mine's now a week and a half overdue. Emailed/FB messaged both C100 and Seka a couple of times over the last week, complete radio silence from both. Expected that from C100, but Seka always replied in the past. Very annoying, it shouldn't be this hard to get a reply.
Follow up and add scottsun@sekabikes.com to the email if you haven't already -- might help.

cb6dro

by cb6dro

dvq wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 1:25 pm
cb6dro wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 8:44 am
dvq wrote:

Onto the weights:
Fork Uncut 396g
100mm/40cm bars 331g

Follow up and add scottsun@sekabikes.com to the email if you haven't already -- might help.
Thanks, I've emailed that address and also sent a further fb/instagram messages. Hopefully they'll reply this time, it certainly doesn't inspire confidence.

derkv

by derkv

When changing my saddle bag I noticed that the previous one damaged the seat post due to friction.

See the E in SEKA. You can really feel the difference in height when you go over this spot. I don't think this is normal, as I've never had this before with other seat posts. It was just attached with a simple Velcro strap.

Contacted SEKA and they said it is normal and I should use like a protective film/sticker.

What do you guys think?
Attachments
Screenshot_20230513-110933.png

Maddie

by Maddie

This will happen to all carbon seatposts. It's like friction from a sanding paper

dvq

by dvq

I can see what everyone is complaining about for the seatpost fitment, it's pretty terrible but I think I've got a solution -- going on a longer ride today with mixed on / off road and will report back.

I bought some thin 3M peel and stick grip surface meant for steps on stairs and stuck it to the length of the unexposed seatpost. Zero slippage on a short 20 minute ride on some gravel near my home.

lemeneid

by lemeneid

dvq wrote:

Onto the weights:
Fork Uncut 396g
100mm/40cm bars 331g
very good weight, is yours the naked black? mine came in at 882g

dvq

by dvq

lemeneid wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 1:50 am
very good weight, is yours the naked black? mine came in at 882g
Yeah, Naked Black.

Still working on sizing down the stack as I figure out where I want this bike to be.
Screenshot 2023-05-14 at 8.53.24 AM.png
As for the seatpost issue for everyone else, 150km in and zero slippage with my solution and quite a bit of that was offroad yesterday that would have really tested the seatpost.

DeathClassic

by DeathClassic

I found that slippage would return under a few days of riding in the rain or washing the bike with soapy water. The water would find its way down the post and wash out the carbon paste. This would happen every couple of weeks.

To reduce the lateral play in the post I use cricket bat tape (per a video by DurianRider), which makes a much more solid fit. I then have added paste to the tape. I'm hoping the better fit will encourage the water to go elsewhere rather than washing out the paste.

Besides the seatpost annoyance I've so far done 1800km on the bike and everything else is holding up perfectly.

bhammo1

by bhammo1

Apparently early June for Seka USA store currently. I have Noctural blue in Medium but I am considering trying out a Large as I'm 5'11. Currently it feels not too bad and I haven't really been riding much outdoors so may keep it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

skinnybex

by skinnybex

bhammo1 wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 9:40 pm
Apparently early June for Seka USA store currently. I have Noctural blue in Medium but I am considering trying out a Large as I'm 5'11. Currently it feels not too bad and I haven't really been riding much outdoors so may keep it.
I can forsee an incoming price increase for Seka especially for USA customers. I hope I'm wrong because not much value in a frame like Seka when you can get a Soloist frame for $2700 that is around the same weight as the RDC.
23’ Cervelo Soloist / 6.88kg - 1x Crit Bike
22' Cervelo R5 / 6.35kg - Climbing Bike
22' Cervelo Caledonia 5 / 7.55kg - Travel Bike
21' Cervelo Aspero / 8.06kg - Gravel Travel Bike
23' Cervelo Aspero 5 / 8.25kg - Gravel Race Bike