Seka Exceed RDC

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

djel

by djel

Received my Exceed RDC today..!

I weighted most parts included in the box for reference..
  • Frame (L): 928g (no hardware)
  • Direct DM: 15g
  • Fork: 343g
  • Expander: 29g
  • Top cap: 4g
  • Seatpost: 129g (no hardware)
  • Headset bearings: 62g
  • Cockpit: 341g
  • Computer mount: 28g + 3-4g for the Garmin or Wahoo insert
  • Thru-axles: 64g for the pair

Natestaana831

by Natestaana831

djel wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:17 pm
Received my Exceed RDC today..!

I weighted most parts included in the box for reference..
  • Frame (L): 928g (no hardware)
  • Direct DM: 15g
  • Fork: 343g
  • Expander: 29g
  • Top cap: 4g
  • Seatpost: 129g (no hardware)
  • Headset bearings: 62g
  • Cockpit: 341g
  • Computer mount: 28g + 3-4g for the Garmin or Wahoo insert
  • Thru-axles: 64g for the pair
Looks like they changed their packaging. Viewing earlier pictures, box was brown and parts were in separate boxes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NeilMG

by NeilMG

Received mine too, was going to post a picture, but looks exactly like Djel's! They look so good IRL! I havent dared to take mine out of the box yet! ;)

NeilMG

by NeilMG

NeilMG wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:09 pm
Received mine too, was going to post a picture, but looks exactly like Djel's! They look so good IRL! I havent dared to take mine out of the box yet! ;)
Spread sheet updated, shipped vis UPS, charged £56.79. Thought the invoice text message from Queen & Pearl in the middle of the night was a phishing spam though! Email from Cycling100 in the morning with UPS delivery and payment invoice was a little more professional!

Medium frame, naked black, out of the box, but with rear derailleur hanger removed, 891g

ladeef

by ladeef

s3si1u wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:06 am
liam7020 wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:18 pm
Despite all the shenanigans with C100, I still was of the opinion that Exceed RDC was probably a decent product at a good price, something that was borne out by the majority of people on this forum who have already received their frames. SO after a bit of a root around on the internet I found an ebay listing from Ccache, a Seka dealer in Sydney, for a Large in naked gloss. I ordered and received my frame delivered for Australia to Ireland in less than 10 days!! I originally ordered a 380/110 bar just to try a slightly narrower option but Ccache only had 400/110 which is ok because that's my usual width anyway.

The whole package did cost about £200 more than C100 but at least I received the frame very quickly and, although I know very little about Ccache, they couldn't be any worse than C100.
For those looking at other buying options, Seka frames are also available through an AliExpress seller that goes by "Nick's Road Bike Equipment Store." Also a tad more expensive than C100, but maybe they're a bit more responsive to customer service issues that C100?
Yes, I've chatted with "Nick's bike shop" very responsive but I was skeptical as Cycling100 is the only distributor that is supposed to be able to ship to the US.

djel

by djel

7.4kg as shown with the Assioma, which is the same weight as my Tarmac SL6 with the same wheels..! I will replace the crankset eventually but with my other wheelset and a DA crankset I could get to 6.8kg easily.

edit: I will do a fit in a few weeks and cut down the steerer in its final position.

stmbike

by stmbike

Looking for order a frame, thinking about size.
I'm 184cm, current bike saddle height 79,5cm.
Anyone here with similar measures?
Last edited by stmbike on Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

stmbike

by stmbike

djel wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:23 pm
7.4kg as shown with the Assioma, which is the same weight as my Tarmac SL6 with the same wheels..! I will replace the crankset eventually but with my other wheelset and a DA crankset I could get to 6.8kg easily.

edit: I will do a fit in a few weeks and cut down the steerer in its final position.

Hello djel, looks nice.
I guess is a L size. I have doubts with the size for me. Could you say what is the saddle height in the pictures? Also the difference of height (cms) between saddle and handlebar, and the distance between saddle and handlebar will help me. Thanks

Elda32

by Elda32

Just finished building my Pearl White RDC Size L.

My weights are as follows:

Frame with hangers, bolts and seatpost clamp: 1000g
Fork uncut: 400g Cut: 370g
Handlebar (400x110): 330g
Seatpost: 115g

Built the bike with a Sram Red Groupset, but with black Sram Force cassette (10-28 t) and black Kcnc chain (for the looks). Dura Ace pedals. Vision Metron 55mm wheels and GP5000 tires.

Total weight of the bike with bottlecages and rear light: 7450g

With lighter and shallower (40mm) wheels (will buy soon) I should drop to around 7.1kg. Pretty happy with that.

I'll post picks as soon as I can go out and ride. Finished the build tonight and it started raining... Probably for a week, lucky me...

warickwrx

by warickwrx

stmbike wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:36 pm
Looking for order a frame, thinking about size.
I'm 184cm, current bike saddle height 79,5cm.
Anyone here with similar measures?
These are similar measuremets to me. I ended up recently ordering a Large. However in saying that I did a comparison of my existing frame with the SEKA using "bikeinsights". I think your seat to bar drop, and reach will ultimately be your guide in determining if you opt for a L vs XL. In my case there where diffrences in geometry between current frame and the SEKA but ended up going with a longer stem to get the same fit. The other concern was the seatpost length. However that should be fine it is 38cm of wich 30cm is usable. In terms of the headset spacers think you dont want to go for more than 3cm.

Rudi

by Rudi

@stmbike I'm 183 and have 79 saddle height - I went for L as the geometry was close to an existing bike for me (from a stack/reach point of view). The stack on the M would have left me with quite a few spacers which I didn't want (roughly the 3cm mentioned above).

I seem to need quite a "short/tall" geometry and figure as I'm getting older I don't want something really agressive in terms of fit that ends up with a ton of spacers to make work.
Cervelo R3 - 5.4kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=142420

stmbike

by stmbike

Rudi wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:17 am
@stmbike I'm 183 and have 79 saddle height - I went for L as the geometry was close to an existing bike for me (from a stack/reach point of view). The stack on the M would have left me with quite a few spacers which I didn't want (roughly the 3cm mentioned above).

I seem to need quite a "short/tall" geometry and figure as I'm getting older I don't want something really agressive in terms of fit that ends up with a ton of spacers to make work.
I'd like to view pictures of your bike, to check how looks the saddle height and the exposed seatpost.. my concern also is to have maximum 11cm height difference between saddle and handlebar, without too much spacers.

Rudi

by Rudi

Sorry, I've not received the new frame yet so no photos as such. The old bike is dismantled so not much help there either.

It (the SEKA) has an exact match on the reach and is 9mm lower stack than the old bike. You might find Bikeinsights.com helps as per @warickwrx suggestion above, or geometrygeeks if you want to look at 2 or more sizes vs. what you have now.
Cervelo R3 - 5.4kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=142420

ladeef

by ladeef

djel wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:23 pm

Looks great, what LB wheels and finish are those?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djel

by djel

ladeef wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:21 am
Looks great, what LB wheels and finish are those?
Thanks! The wheels are the AR55 with the paintless finish @ 1380g