Colnago C64 or V3rs? (Last rim-brake frame)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

all the high end bikes are made in taiwan now. taiwan can do fabulous paint jobs (like trek paints) it depends what the manufacturer wants. i found that taiwan paint jobs have better ax than the old colnago paint jobs where i did have run offs from the paint on my extreme power colnago

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

simbikotic

by simbikotic

Just been reminded of this old thread by @frommel's post. For the record, this is what I went with: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=172673

No stickers in sight :)

simbikotic

by simbikotic

Just been reminded of this old thread by @frommel's post. For the record, this is what I went with: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=172673

No stickers in sight :)

wilwil

by wilwil

frommel wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:40 pm
simbikotic wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:17 am
ironman1 wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:03 pm
.. isn't even painted or decaled. Just colored plastic adhesive.
Oh wow. Which bits exactly are you referring to? You mean all the lettering and logos on downtube, headtube etc? Stickers on the surface? Any clear-coat over them?
I just received my C68 Black (HRBK) and was actually very surprised that all the logos seem to just be stickers. I didn't try and peel it off, but there is a distinct edge to the lettering (which is shiny lettering on the matte black of the frame). Perhaps this is only true for the matte frame but I am frankly a bit disappointed. Looking at the super smooth coats on the Look and Time frames, this is a bit of a let-down.

Wondering whether it is worth coating it before building up the bike? Although that would obviously mess up the matte finish (which may be ok).
I think its thick paint