2021 Mavic Cosmic Ultimate UST Disc?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Just got this!

the new cosmic ultmate ust disc has now been delivered for the first time. we have waited 1 1/2 years
for it here. this wheelset is handmade in france at mavic. only a few numbers can be built, so this one is very sought-
after.
mavic has currently only taken this off their website because it has not been available for so long and
for the time being only very few mavic dealers will get it.
However, the wheelset will of course continue to be manufactured, as it has only just been launched on
the market.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LuigiG

by LuigiG

DELETED
Last edited by LuigiG on Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

LuigiG wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:15 pm
Hello. Able to see them in person. They look great. The claimed Mavic's weight is the actual weight. Sorry, no scale's photo but I'll ask to get one next time. LW look more like artisanal product mainly because of the EVERYTHING IS CF. The Mavic are something like a mix of Campagnolo aspect and LW innovation. If the store owner doesn't sell them he'll keep them for himself and I'll be able to test ride. He said that Mavic is working hard to rebuild the whole company name and that they are very very close to the giant French chain Decathlon so they should be reliable on the side of warranties and customer assistance. I don't know... very tempted...I remember the pita to get one spoke replaced on my Obermayers...it took forever...I wonder if this happens with Mavic...
I had CCU many years ago. No problems but i sold them because wider came into the scene.
No regrets. Not sure i would buy these either. I think i will stick to standard spoke wheels.
Ride feel is better. + it's fairly cheap to leave a standard spoked wheel for tuning. This will be a pain in the ass if something happens.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.