Rumors Next Generation Campagnolo Road?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

rollinslow

by rollinslow

Did anybody notice that Starbike is selling the new crankset with power meter?

https://www.starbike.com/en/campagnolo- ... owermeter/
Moots Vamoots RSL (2019)-Super Record 12
Cervelo S1 (2010)-Super Record 12
Kestrel RT700 (2008)-Dura Ace 9000
Mosaic GT-1 (2020)-SRAM Red viewtopic.php?f=10&t=174523

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Delivery date unknown though

Basso Diamante eps 12

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RDY

by RDY

rollinslow wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:54 pm

€2000 ... just lol.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

What did someone post recently? Like "things aren't expensive if your rich enough?" something along those lines

Basso Diamante eps 12

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

rollinslow

by rollinslow

MrCurrieinahurry wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:27 pm
What did someone post recently? Like "things aren't expensive if your rich enough?" something along those lines Image

Basso Diamante eps 12
Cycling is not exactly a sport that the cost-conscious flock to. I would rather pay Campy $5300 USD than 6000$ USD to Spesh for a 100$ frame for example. All relative. I think we can complain about everything else with the groupset but price for SR level....We all knew it would be very expensive.
Moots Vamoots RSL (2019)-Super Record 12
Cervelo S1 (2010)-Super Record 12
Kestrel RT700 (2008)-Dura Ace 9000
Mosaic GT-1 (2020)-SRAM Red viewtopic.php?f=10&t=174523

dvdrl

by dvdrl

I wonder when Campagnolo will release wireless Chorus and Record. As others have mentioned, they have nothing at lower pricepoints that would fit modern (integrated) frames.

Some of those frames officially do support mechanical builds, e.g. the Cervelo Soloist or the Orbea Orca. But with the tight bends involved around the stem/headset area, this looks as if it just would not work as well more as traditional cable routing.

After using Campy for the last 18 years I am pondering whether to switch to Sram for the next bike.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

RDY wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:20 pm
rollinslow wrote:

€2000 ... just lol.
Just lol at what.. when I do the conversion, thats the same price as a P2Max NG, and $700 cheaper than an SRM... so when you look at the price of a Campy crank based PM, thats pretty good if you ask me... you're getting the powermeter for 800 euros compared to the price of the regular crank...

AJS914

by AJS914

dvdrl wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:06 am
I wonder when Campagnolo will release wireless Chorus and Record. As others have mentioned, they have nothing at lower pricepoints that would fit modern (integrated) frames.

Some of those frames officially do support mechanical builds, e.g. the Cervelo Soloist or the Orbea Orca. But with the tight bends involved around the stem/headset area, this looks as if it just would not work as well more as traditional cable routing.

After using Campy for the last 18 years I am pondering whether to switch to Sram for the next bike.
Integrated with mechanical might be ok depending on the specific frame routing. I just bought a Tarmac and reportedly, mechanical routing isn't too bad. The hydraulic hoses are usually routed bottom to top (Shimano/Sram) but the Campagnolo brakes need to be routed top to bottom because of the banjo fittings at the levers and I'm not keen to do it backwards. I assume that even Campagnolo wireless will have this issue.

Based on SR, I wouldn't surprised to see Record at $4K, and Chorus at $3500. $3500 for Record and $3000 for Chorus would be more resonable as it would let the Chorus street price be above Ultegra but under Dura Ace. Record will compete with Dura Ace and SR will be the halo product for the Rolex crowd. But then you would probably have to wait a year to get decent street prices.

I'm going Sram AXS next as I have this integrated frame sitting here and don't want to wait a year or two.

dvdrl

by dvdrl

AJS914 wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:12 pm
dvdrl wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:06 am
Integrated with mechanical might be ok depending on the specific frame routing. I just bought a Tarmac and reportedly, mechanical routing isn't too bad. The hydraulic hoses are usually routed bottom to top (Shimano/Sram) but the Campagnolo brakes need to be routed top to bottom because of the banjo fittings at the levers and I'm not keen to do it backwards. I assume that even Campagnolo wireless will have this issue.

Based on SR, I wouldn't surprised to see Record at $4K, and Chorus at $3500. $3500 for Record and $3000 for Chorus would be more resonable as it would let the Chorus street price be above Ultegra but under Dura Ace. Record will compete with Dura Ace and SR will be the halo product for the Rolex crowd. But then you would probably have to wait a year to get decent street prices.

I'm going Sram AXS next as I have this integrated frame sitting here and don't want to wait a year or two.
Thanks, that’s helpful. I wasn’t aware of the reversed cable routing, I am still on rim brake.
I am considering a Cervelo Soloist or a Orbea Orca OMX (I think the WNT team colourway looks stunning), and both are sold as mechanical versions, too (well, the Orca OMR, but the OMX comes with mech routing accessoires).

I completely understand your view. AXS’s idea of shifting looks great.

Mechanical Chorus can be had at ~1350€ in Germany atm, Force AXS for 200€ more, including rotors, excluding BB. That’s the call I am making, I would not pay an extra 1000€ for a wireless Chorus over Force. Still wondering whether I want batteries on my bike.

AJS914

by AJS914

I don't know how the Campy banjo fitting affects other bikes but it's too large to travel though the Tarmac per Mark on this forum who just built one (SL7 topic). It's doable but a bit of a PITA. He said that Campagnolo shifted fine through the headset of the Tarmac he built.

I had trouble getting 11 speed to shift correctly through just 3T handlebars and I spent like 2 hours the first time and failed to get it to shift nicely and then like 3 hours the second time and only every got it to shift 98% good with some hesitation. My conclusion was cable drag with the bends through the bars. So, I'm not willing to attempt mechancal shifting through a headset, stem, and bars. I just know that it will turn into a 6 hour nightmare for me. :D
Last edited by AJS914 on Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

joeyb1000

by joeyb1000

rollinslow wrote:

RA Cycles also shows it. Says it's based on Stages. Not sure how credible the info is given that Campy hasn't released info. But $2,000 USD as an MSRP sounds realistic.

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

I routed my Campy Record 12sp mech with disc brakes through the bars and frame(not integrated barstem) without to much fuss and even though I removed the plug on the hose end the fluid didnt leak out and I was able to connect it without bleeding. I am sure the barstem will require more time to feed the hoses through but outside of that it went well.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

After some troublesome pins...decided to try powerlock sram eagle...chain at a132.0mm...will see how it goes with mileage

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

Sram eagle powerlock is just thin enough to not rub on cassette
PXL_20230712_152636793~2.jpg
That campagnolo is coming out with a master link/c-link (not sure of name) helped me to try this...I'm hoping when it releases, they sell in packs of 5.

steveadore

by steveadore

Any news on the Zonda rim model coming back at all (or even better, an upgrade to wider version)? Or has it been discontinued for good?
I wonder if the Fulcrum Racing 3 will have the same fate

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com