Rumors Next Generation Campagnolo Road?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

gwerziou

by gwerziou

spartan wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 2:00 pm
latest podcast from escapecollective hinted that a major release is coming next week.

i do not see anything to be excited about. the leaked pics it look like a sram axs with more carbon.going for a 10t cog is a big nono. prices are alway not justified.
did campy not get the memo. the bike boom / easy money era is over . already on discount out of the release LOL

what we need is a old school polished streamlined groupset (1980's c-record groupset) . management team is tone deafed.
silly
• A hi-zoot bike, pretty sweet
• An old bike, more fun than the new one actually
• Unicycle, no brand name visible

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gwerziou

by gwerziou

gorkypl wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 3:32 pm
spartan wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 2:00 pm
what we need is a old school polished streamlined groupset (1980's c-record groupset) . management team is tone deafed.
How many thousands of obsolete groupsets that won't fit any modern frame but still cost 3-4k euro each you would expect to sell?
It's not 1980 anymore and there is no market for it. If it was, Rene Herse Nivex would be selling like crazy.

Campagnolo is doing good, I have more trust in them than ever.
I'm pretty stoked to see the new stuff. Although I have also been vaguely thinking of having Curtlo make a Nivex frame...
• A hi-zoot bike, pretty sweet
• An old bike, more fun than the new one actually
• Unicycle, no brand name visible

XCProMD

by XCProMD

serif wrote:Do you know the name of the swıss company he built
If what you mean is who makes Campagnolo’s actuators, it is Maxon.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

AJS914

by AJS914

robertbb wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 10:14 am
Anyway, pls don't let us down Campy. Loved you for 15 years..... be kind, make something for the "rest" of us pls :lol:
Hear! here! I just bought a Tarmac SL7 and hell if I'm going to route manual Chorus or Record through that frame and headset.

I'm ready to just buy some Rival AXS derailleurs and maybe a Quark crankset.

serif

by serif

They made it with magura for the brakes

graeme_f_k
Shop Owner / Manufacturer

by graeme_f_k

serif wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 10:21 pm
They made it with magura for the brakes
No. they don't.
The original brake design was a joint project between Campagnolo and Magura, with Campagnolo responsible for the mechanical design and Magura responsible, from 2017 until 2019, for the manufacture. Once that contract had expired, Campagnolo took manufacture in-house and since then, ongoing design revisions and manufacture have all been in house in Vicenza and their two Romanian factories, Mechrom 1 & 2.
Some sourcing of some important components is also done in Taiwan via Campagnolo's subsidiary there, hence the "Made in Taiwan" legend on some of the boxes..
A Tech-Reps work is never done ...
Head Tech, Campagnolo main UK ASC
Pls contact via velotechcycling"at"aim"dot"com, not PM, for a quicker answer. Thanks!

XCProMD

by XCProMD

serif wrote:They made it with magura for the brakes
That’s the usual lazy journalist interpretation.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

serif

by serif

I'm sorry for not being arrogant by writing the Campy page article briefly and giving adjectives to people like you.

robertbb

by robertbb

Vespasianus wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 4:22 pm
robertbb wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 11:37 pm
Very excited. Will be disappointing if they "only" release Super Record level, which will be unattainable for most.
You are going to be dissapointed.
In this case, Shimano will be happy - since I'll likely end up with little choice but to switch.

NickB

by NickB

As I will never be too lazy to route cables I'm looking forward to some discounted Chorus stock shedding in the months to come. Maybe..

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

NickB wrote:As I will never be too lazy to route cables I'm looking forward to some discounted Chorus stock shedding in the months to come. Maybe..
It’s not a case of being too lazy. More and more frames are electronic only so mechanical isn’t an option. Plus routing Di2 is no easier than mechanical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roel W

by Roel W

The new release is scheduled for Tuesday May 30th.

AJS914

by AJS914

ultimobici wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 10:08 am
Plus routing Di2 is no easier than mechanical.
But can you get mechanical to shift through all the twists and turns? I couldn't get 11 speed Campagnolo to shift routed just through 3T bars (granted their routing holes suck). I finally got it to what I'd call 97% good after 3-4 hours of fiddling. The next time I put on new cables I just bypassed the internal routing and taped the cables under the bar and easily achieved 100% perfect functioning.

I fear that if it took me 3+ hours to get to 97% just going through handlebars, then going through a stem, headset, and frame will just be a nightmare (Tarmac SL7). I could be wrong though.

Vespasianus

by Vespasianus

robertbb wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 3:56 am
Vespasianus wrote:
robertbb wrote:
Very excited. Will be disappointing if they "only" release Super Record level, which will be unattainable for most.
In this case, Shimano will be happy - since I'll likely end up with little choice but to switch.
I can't see Campag brining forth multiple level wireless groupsets at this point and time. Maybe at a later date but not now. I could see wireless EKAR before anything else.
Cinelli Superstar - Campagnolo H11
Tommasini Custom X-Fire gravel - EKAR

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Martin.dk

by Martin.dk

Vespasianus wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 5:31 pm
robertbb wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 3:56 am
Vespasianus wrote:
robertbb wrote:
I can't see Campag brining forth multiple level wireless groupsets at this point and time. Maybe at a later date but not now. I could see wireless EKAR before anything else.
I can't either, but with the absolute lack of spy photos and only very limited info, we really can't know for sure.

Either way I'm looking forward to Tuesday 🥳
Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Ohh okay! I just knew "plug" was something to put inside a hole... yikes