Rumors Next Generation Campagnolo Road?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

B0tt0mline

by B0tt0mline

Horrible performance at the TDF!

Yesterday it caused seriois problems for Gall and before to O'Connor. If Sram would fail like this you would read it everywhere....
Colnago C68- Enve SES 4.5
S-Works Aethos - Enve SES 2.3
Open MIN.D - Enve SES AR 4.5
Mosaic GT2-45 - Enve SES AR 3.4
Open WI.DE - no money for Enve

Vespasianus

by Vespasianus

B0tt0mline wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:54 pm

Yesterday it caused seriois problems for Gall and before to O'Connor. If Sram would fail like this you would read it everywhere....
Can you provide more details?
Cinelli Superstar - Campagnolo H11
Tommasini Custom X-Fire gravel - EKAR

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rollinslow

by rollinslow

B0tt0mline wrote:

you're going to have to back-up that statement because I watched all of those stages and nothing suggested a groupset malfunction etc.
Moots Vamoots RSL (2019)-Super Record 12
Cervelo S1 (2010)-Super Record 12
Kestrel RT700 (2008)-Dura Ace 9000
Mosaic GT-1 (2020)-SRAM Red viewtopic.php?f=10&t=174523

patchandscruff

by patchandscruff

B0tt0mline wrote:

Utter nonsense.

B0tt0mline

by B0tt0mline

rollinslow wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:46 pm
B0tt0mline wrote:

you're going to have to back-up that statement because I watched all of those stages and nothing suggested a groupset malfunction etc.
Did you see the stages? How shall I back it up other than just hearing what the commentators said...

Vespasianus

by Vespasianus

B0tt0mline wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:50 pm
rollinslow wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:46 pm
B0tt0mline wrote:

Did you see the stages? How shall I back it up other than just hearing what the commentators said...
Can you provide more details please, what you have stated so far is not very clear. Asking, really. Just asking.
Cinelli Superstar - Campagnolo H11
Tommasini Custom X-Fire gravel - EKAR

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

B0tt0mline wrote:Horrible performance at the TDF!

Other than a puncture around 142-3km to go, nothing untoward happened to Gall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

B0tt0mline

by B0tt0mline

ultimobici wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 5:57 am
B0tt0mline wrote:Horrible performance at the TDF!

Other than a puncture around 142-3km to go, nothing untoward happened to Gall.

Wrong - Gall had to change the bike 3 times (I think one puncture is still correct):

https://www.krone.at/3061529

https://www.nachrichten.at/sport/mehr_s ... 09,3862663

patchandscruff

by patchandscruff

B0tt0mline wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:35 am

Wrong - Gall had to change the bike 3 times (I think one puncture is still correct):

Wrong - "I had to change the WHEEL three times today. You can imagine how I feel," Gall said"

Said wheel changes were a result of a crash.

B0tt0mline

by B0tt0mline

patchandscruff wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:39 am
B0tt0mline wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:35 am

Wrong - "I had to change the WHEEL three times today. You can imagine how I feel," Gall said"

Said wheel changes were a result of a crash.
Wheel = Laufrad
Bike = Rad / Fahrrad

Wrong translation

B0tt0mline

by B0tt0mline

BTW: just check the official AG2Citroen Insta account: they talk about the mechanical problems and in the comments you also see references to the failing Campa groupset (even the commentator mentioned it!)

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

B0tt0mline wrote:BTW: just check the official AG2Citroen Insta account: they talk about the mechanical problems and in the comments you also see references to the failing Campa groupset (even the commentator mentioned it!)
AG2R Citroen make no mention of the specific issue. Mechanical can mean all manner of things from a puncture through damage from crashes all the way to component issues.

All of the references to it being the Campag groupset were from uninformed posters outside the team.

Yes there will be teething problems with new kit. Mechanics have to get used to different processes etc. I’ve dealt with bikes from pro teams and some of the issues I have seen beggar belief. When you bear in mind many pro mechanics have no formal training and very often do things their own way and do not RTFM, is it any wonder there are issues?

This is a nothingburger.

JensNL

by JensNL

ultimobici wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:11 am
B0tt0mline wrote:BTW: just check the official AG2Citroen Insta account: they talk about the mechanical problems and in the comments you also see references to the failing Campa groupset (even the commentator mentioned it!)
AG2R Citroen make no mention of the specific issue. Mechanical can mean all manner of things from a puncture through damage from crashes all the way to component issues.

All of the references to it being the Campag groupset were from uninformed posters outside the team.

Yes there will be teething problems with new kit. Mechanics have to get used to different processes etc. I’ve dealt with bikes from pro teams and some of the issues I have seen beggar belief. When you bear in mind many pro mechanics have no formal training and very often do things their own way and do not RTFM, is it any wonder there are issues?

This is a nothingburger.

....and that is absolutely true. The Instagram message from AG2 Citroënteam does not say a single word that the bad luck lies with the new group or even with Campagnolo.
It is comments from AG2 followers who are wrongly referred to here as words from AG2 Citroën.

robertbb

by robertbb

Meanwhile, "apparently" Vingegaard made a comment on a Danish tv channel that the reason they're running 1x on some stages is because they've had issues with SRAM front mechs. I havn't been able to find it myself but it's been posted a few times on forums and youtube.

Martin.dk

by Martin.dk

I'm Danish and haven't heard that. He did say, that 1x allowed the S5 to get really close to 6,8 hovever.
Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Ohh okay! I just knew "plug" was something to put inside a hole... yikes

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com