Rumors Next Generation Campagnolo Road?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

micky

by micky

I must have missed it, but when is this new groupset supposed to be announced?

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

micky wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:58 pm
I must have missed it, but when is this new groupset supposed to be announced?
No one knows. Well, no one can say!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

I can't remember where I read it but I believe it's June.

LuigiG

by LuigiG

DELETED
Last edited by LuigiG on Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

micky

by micky

We've got the creme de la creme in here.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

LuigiG wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:34 pm
Hello everybody. Well, the NEXT GENERATION SHIMANO DI2 post, reached 630 pages...in here only 79 at the moment ... June of 202X ?
To be fair, much of that was racked up during Covid when there was SFA to do.......

satanas

by satanas

It was 400+ before the release...

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

satanas wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:23 pm
It was 400+ before the release...
Hence my post. Most of the western world was in some form of lockdown or furlough with stuff all to do except post online! Also, the Di2 thread was in anticipation of Shimano catching up to Sram & Campagnolo, whereas this one is about improving an already current range. BTW, I am on Di2!

raggedtrousers

by raggedtrousers

This groupset is likely well outside of my budget (unless they offer a Chorus-level version at some point, which seems unlikely), so this is largely academic, but is anyone else sad about the apparent demise of the thumb shifter? I kind of feel like it won't be definitively Campagnolo without it...

m68k

by m68k

raggedtrousers wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:00 pm
This groupset is likely well outside of my budget (unless they offer a Chorus-level version at some point, which seems unlikely), so this is largely academic, but is anyone else sad about the apparent demise of the thumb shifter? I kind of feel like it won't be definitively Campagnolo without it...
I am, but I still hope, that it will be still possible to shift by thumb with the new buttons.

m68k

by m68k

raggedtrousers wrote:

LuigiG

by LuigiG

DELETED
Last edited by LuigiG on Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

We seem to have a pretty good idea whats coming for Super Record.. I have to wonder what will happen down the line... will the current super record become record but wired? Probably wouldnt be a bad thing in all honesty..I have to feel a little worried about future parts availability owning 2 11s EPS, and 3X12s... just scrounging the net looking for a spare V3 DTI has yielded no results.. funny how they made a V4 battery for V3, but never made the V4 DTI itself backwards compatible...

EdWiser

by EdWiser

raggedtrousers wrote:This groupset is likely well outside of my budget (unless they offer a Chorus-level version at some point, which seems unlikely), so this is largely academic, but is anyone else sad about the apparent demise of the thumb shifter? I kind of feel like it won't be definitively Campagnolo without it...
As someone who rides a Kickr Bike in Campagnolo shifting set up I can tell you that you get use to it. Image

upacs

by upacs

raggedtrousers wrote:
You are definitely not alone. I'm not too impressed about losing the thumb button, nor am I about going to smaller cogs and chainrings. I'm hoping the derailleur will still accomodate an 11-32. Failing that, I would have to factor in replacing my crank based power meter.

But as you say, it's most likely not a problem because the rumoured price would put it weeeeeeeeeell beyond what I'm willing to spend to upgrade my gears. So I may move to Campag mechanical 12 (from pre 2014 Campag 11 which cannot run a 32t cog).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com