Rumors Next Generation Campagnolo Road?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BenCousins

by BenCousins

maurice1 wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:37 am
Perhaps relevant, perhaps offtopic: LTwoo is making quick progress on their wireless hydraulic 2*12 that DOES keep my beloved thumb shifter
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/a3Cz4LLMIms
This is what I would have hoped from campagnolo except I can easily afford it
I see cables.

neeb

by neeb

I honestly don't get why everyone wants wireless. The only advantage is ease of installation. Cables are hidden when installed, and I've never used any sort of wireless anything that doesn't at least occasionally have connection problems or delays.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

neeb wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:45 pm
I honestly don't get why everyone wants wireless. The only advantage is ease of installation. Cables are hidden when installed, and I've never used any sort of wireless anything that doesn't at least occasionally have connection problems or delays.
Totally agree with you... I can't see myself dropping $7000 just to get rid of a few wires on my Venge (and potentially losing my 53/39 and SRM power meter over it)

BenCousins

by BenCousins

ParisCarbon wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:50 pm
neeb wrote:
Totally agree with you... I can't see myself dropping $7000 just to get rid of a few wires on my Venge (and potentially losing my 53/39 and SRM power meter over it)
You don't have to spend $7000 to go wireless. Force Etap is $1400.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

BenCousins wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:27 pm
ParisCarbon wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:50 pm
neeb wrote:
You don't have to spend $7000 to go wireless. Force Etap is $1400.
No you don't have to spend $7000 but if you want Campy , the new group with a PM will likely cost you that in Canada...

Roel W

by Roel W

neeb wrote:
Totally agree but the demand is IMHO driven by manufacturers who want to offer bikes with more 'aero' and integrated cockpit solutions.

Roel W

by Roel W

camapgnolo also posted a mystery image of a new Hyperon wheelset yesterday on Instagram.

Anymore news about the official release moment?
I suppose today or tomorrow with the first parts in action in Saturday's Milan - San Remo race.

neeb

by neeb

Roel W wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:35 pm
neeb wrote:
Totally agree but the demand is IMHO driven by manufacturers who want to offer bikes with more 'aero' and integrated cockpit solutions.
If you are integrating brake cables anyway it's no more trouble to also integrate wires. I wonder if it's more to do with ease of installation / bike assembly? It must save a lot of time in factories and for bike mechanics.

MasterBean

by MasterBean

Roel W wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:37 pm
camapgnolo also posted a mystery image of a new Hyperon wheelset yesterday on Instagram.

I suppose today or tomorrow with the first parts in action in Saturday's Milan - San Remo race.
Wait 15 minutes.

adilosnave

by adilosnave

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:53 am
FSA WE also has two buttons per lever blade.

Anyway, if Campy could have employed clasp-in batteries like on AXS, I think they would have. The patent drawings depict a much more complex and inelegant system without any real advantages. The FD battery is mounted inboard of the cage and would run into the same wide tire issues as AXS FDs. Both batteries look quite small as well.
Aren't the buttons on the FSA WE system a rocker switch though? Thus, it's technically one button that's just tilted one direction or another while the Di2 buttons are physically separate. With all things regarding IP, it comes down to interpretation and execution.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Roel W wrote:

Here ya go

https://www.campagnolo.com/CA/en/Wheels/hyperon_ultra

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

neeb wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:42 pm
Roel W wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:35 pm
neeb wrote:
If you are integrating brake cables anyway it's no more trouble to also integrate wires. I wonder if it's more to do with ease of installation / bike assembly? It must save a lot of time in factories and for bike mechanics.
Most of those factories just slam the parts on, box em and get them out the door... first thing I did when I got my Diverge Ekar was rip it down and rebuild it...

RDY

by RDY

ParisCarbon wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:05 pm
Roel W wrote:

Here ya go

https://www.campagnolo.com/CA/en/Wheels/hyperon_ultra
21mm internal, 26.7mm external. So 23-25mm tire users need only apply (again).

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

As far as Patents go Forbes Mag had this article stating,
Contrary to popular belief, a patent does not protect your technology from being infringed upon by a competitor. It merely affords you with legal recourse in the event that someone does. Congratulations! You can sue.

Silicon Valley patent attorney Damon Kali, whom I have known for many years, puts it to his clients this way.

“A patent gives you a seat at the table, both offensively and defensively. That’s it. In other words, a patent gets you some relevance and some leverage. How much relevance and leverage depends on how you play your hand and how deep your pockets are.”
All anyone has to do to avoid being sued is change dimensions and designs somewhat but hopefully improve upon the patent design. The Japenese were famous for taking a current design and improving upon it. Some consider it as the greatest form of flattery but most are offended and sueing if they have the resources.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

maurice1 wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:37 am
Perhaps relevant, perhaps offtopic: LTwoo is making quick progress on their wireless hydraulic 2*12 that DOES keep my beloved thumb shifter
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/a3Cz4LLMIms
This is what I would have hoped from campagnolo except I can easily afford it
eRX and eR9 do not have thumb buttons. The shifting logic is Di2 style but reversed (configurable in-app).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com