Rumors Next Generation Campagnolo Road?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

robertbb

by robertbb

Very excited. Will be disappointing if they "only" release Super Record level, which will be unattainable for most.

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

Hope there is n upgrade kit..would save potentially on
-cassette (300)
-crank (500)
-calipers (300)

Ballpark figures...
-

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

rudye9mr wrote:Hope there is n upgrade kit..would save potentially on
-cassette (300)
-crank (500)
-calipers (300)

Ballpark figures...
-
Nowhere near the ballpark….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

graeme_f_k
Shop Owner / Manufacturer

by graeme_f_k

Butcher wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 4:25 pm
Now we can post that Graeme said it will be released at the Tour. :P

I always have a wait and see additude but I do like the sneek peaks/rumors that pop up.
I repeat - wait for the official announcement ... which has now gone out to the press and Campagnolo have teased on Insta / FB & c :-D
A Tech-Reps work is never done ...
Head Tech, Campagnolo main UK ASC
Pls contact via velotechcycling"at"aim"dot"com, not PM, for a quicker answer. Thanks!

RDY

by RDY

robertbb wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 11:37 pm
Very excited. Will be disappointing if they "only" release Super Record level, which will be unattainable for most.
Given the mooted street price of SR, I'd imagine the street price of a potential R would still be significantly in excess of street prices of DA / Red AXS.

robertbb

by robertbb

RDY wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 10:07 am
robertbb wrote:
Given the mooted street price of SR, I'd imagine the street price of a potential R would still be significantly in excess of street prices of DA / Red AXS.
Dura Ace on heavy (HEAVY!) discount over here. 45% off. Maybe this is why...

Anyway, pls don't let us down Campy. Loved you for 15 years..... be kind, make something for the "rest" of us pls :lol:

spartan

by spartan

latest podcast from escapecollective hinted that a major release is coming next week.

i do not see anything to be excited about. the leaked pics it look like a sram axs with more carbon.going for a 10t cog is a big nono. prices are alway not justified.
did campy not get the memo. the bike boom / easy money era is over . already on discount out of the release LOL

what we need is a old school polished streamlined groupset (1980's c-record groupset) . management team is tone deafed.
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

jazgill

by jazgill

spartan wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 2:00 pm
latest podcast from escapecollective hinted that a major release is coming next week.

i do not see anything to be excited about. the leaked pics it look like a sram axs with more carbon.going for a 10t cog is a big nono. prices are alway not justified.
did campy not get the memo. the bike boom / easy money era is over . already on discount out of the release LOL

what we need is a old school polished streamlined groupset (1980's c-record groupset) . management team is tone deafed.
Announement Tuesday 1pm according to Campagnolo Instagram page.

XCProMD

by XCProMD

spartan wrote:latest podcast from escapecollective hinted that a major release is coming next week.

There might be a niche market for an old school polished streamlined groupset. That the ROI for the tooling, S&GA, NOWC might be there and amounts to something significant remains to be seen.

The key for this new line to be competitive is the mechatronics cost. The previous EPS was built around a very expensive solution made by a Swiss company under Campag specs. That killed the Athena and Chorus versions as the cost and therefore retail price difference was next to insignificant.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

gorkypl

by gorkypl

spartan wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 2:00 pm
How many thousands of obsolete groupsets that won't fit any modern frame but still cost 3-4k euro each you would expect to sell?
It's not 1980 anymore and there is no market for it. If it was, Rene Herse Nivex would be selling like crazy.

Campagnolo is doing good, I have more trust in them than ever.

Fuji Cross 1.5 - Shimano 105 5800 | Cinelli Superstar Disc - Record 12s | Custom steel Karamba - Ekar 13s

Vespasianus

by Vespasianus

robertbb wrote:
You are going to be dissapointed.
Cinelli Superstar - Campagnolo H11
Tommasini Custom X-Fire gravel - EKAR

BiaNeutron

by BiaNeutron

I'm ready for moving to electronic. Campagnolo fan here but I absolutely hated the thumb lever. I'm on board for this new groupo if they are making a rim brake option available

Leon

by Leon

rudye9mr wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 12:11 am
Hope there is n upgrade kit..would save potentially on
-cassette (300)
-crank (500)
-calipers (300)

Ballpark figures...
-
No comment on the figures but I hope the new group will be available and compatible to the current group sets.
Than it will be new shifters and derailleurs and ready. I reckon changing shifters and derailleurs only will be quite costly anyhow.
So maybe an old set with a big discount could work for me also :mrgreen:
Ride bikes, not tanks!

serif

by serif

Do you know the name of the swıss company he built

RDY

by RDY

XCProMD wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 3:30 pm
spartan wrote:latest podcast from escapecollective hinted that a major release is coming next week.

There might be a niche market for an old school polished streamlined groupset. That the ROI for the tooling, S&GA, NOWC might be there and amounts to something significant remains to be seen.

The key for this new line to be competitive is the mechatronics cost. The previous EPS was built around a very expensive solution made by a Swiss company under Campag specs. That killed the Athena and Chorus versions as the cost and therefore retail price difference was next to insignificant.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
These days they ought to have (nearly) hundreds of options for small, cheap 'smart' electric motors and actuators.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com