Rumors Next Generation Campagnolo Road?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Karvalo wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 2:39 pm
ultimobici wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 1:50 pm
Maybe Campag know something you don’t? They are catering to what sells. Plus, because Campag have not introduced a new chain standard and are not discontinuing the current mechanical range, the 53/39 & 52/36 options are still in the range. Sram’s mistake was do not have an alternative in the range at all.
Mistake? Sram still sells AXS at a volume that Campagnolo can only dream of right now with the vast majority of consumers completely unbothered by the standard chainring options.
Mistake as in they changed the chain so you had to use the AXS rings. Nothing else was compatible. Maybe oversight is a better word.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nickldn

by Nickldn

I don't fully get the strategy: get rid of 'niche' features, like thumb shifters, to broaden appeal BUT put up price to the point it can't complete with DA/Red AXS.

What is the Campy usp now? Faster shifting? NO. Broader range? NO. Better aesthetics? NO. I'm struggling here to understand why Red AXS isn't better (just needs improved brakes).

Will be sticking to mechanical Chorus 12s. At least it's different and has distinct shifting action.
Giant Propel Advanced SL Red Etap 11s Easton EC90 wheels CeramicSpeed BB Zipp SL70 bars 6.5kg

Vitus ZX1 CRS Campy Chorus 12s Bora WTO 45 disk brake wheels Zipp SL70 bars 7.5kg

SL8 build with Craft CS5060 Wheels in progress

Broady

by Broady

Hmm, was holding out for this as I'm in the market for a new set but it's certainly not blown me away, that price too, jeez.

XCProMD

by XCProMD

No comments about the top pulley concentric to the cage pivot?

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Forgive me for the questions that I am sure have been discussed in the last 112 pages, but I came late to the thread. Have been out of cycling for a couple of years. 1. Is the wireless grouppo just for 12 sp or is there a version for 11 sp too? 2. Can the 11 sp cranks be used for the 12 sp wireless? I know they are the same for 11 sp and 12 sp mechanical at least. 3. Is this new wireless just for disc brakes or can they be used with mechanical/standard brakes? I have no use for disc and will not ditch >$10K in wheels and swap 3 frames just to use disc. Pointless to me personally. Thanks in advance.

Bondurant

by Bondurant

For the above poster, the short answer is that this groupset is not for you.

Roel W

by Roel W

Nickldn wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 2:42 pm
What is the Campy usp now?
Heritage ;)

guyc

by guyc

Four. Thousand. Five. Hundred. Pounds.

Crikey.

atakaoka

by atakaoka

I've just received a newsletter from Campy.
New super record road group set. Wireless.
cycling,a great individual sport,were you can't reach anything,whithout group effort.

atakaoka

by atakaoka

cycling,a great individual sport,were you can't reach anything,whithout group effort.

hannawald

by hannawald

guyc wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 3:20 pm

Crikey.
Looks like it is 1000 GBP more than MSRP of Dura Ace? It has always been the case, wasn´t it? I also don´t see why anybody would want that at this price when it is 100g heavier than alredy perfect shifting and braking 12 speed Dura Ace groupset but I truly wish them good luck, I like the fact they are European. I also think older 11 speed groupsets were nicer, looked like a cycling jewelry. Maybe we expect too much from Campagnolo and with all the patents it is really hard. FSA makes lots of great components but also didn´t succeed.
Last edited by hannawald on Tue May 30, 2023 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ipenguinking

by ipenguinking

Now I don't feel bad paying MSRP for DA 9200 when the group came out 2 years ago. And I'm staring at my bike leaning against the wall while eating breakfast. I personally think the slim and sleek aluminum DA look way better bulky carbon/plastic new Campy.

jih

by jih

Summary:

Chainrings: 50:34, 48:32, 45:29
Cassettes: 10-25, 10-27, and 10-29
Same brakes as before.
Different battery front and rear.

CampagYOLO

by CampagYOLO

guyc wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 3:20 pm

Crikey.
When you charge that much the product should either be revolutionary or function perfectly. All the reports I've read so far suggest that it's neither.
Last edited by CampagYOLO on Tue May 30, 2023 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AJS914

by AJS914

ultimobici wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 9:10 am
Why do Campag insist on partnering with plastic Italian brands like Pinarello instead of promoting brands that make at least some of their range in Europe?
Campagnolo wants to be an LVMH type brand. There's no place for a Chorus/Potenza/Centaur priced level at LVMH.

Maybe they want a buy out?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com