Rumors Next Generation Campagnolo Road?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Karvalo

by Karvalo

rollinslow wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 5:36 pm
I saw that...no seramoc bearing but instead bike radar reports use of bushings rather than bearings? Is that true???!
In the RD pulley wheels.

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

Love the gear ratio options. Absolutely hate everything else, especially the price.

SRAM could learn a thing or two about gear ratios from Campy.

For most people outside of Crit racers and pros, that 45/29, 10-29t is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rollinslow

by rollinslow

Took time to look at bike radar video, escape collective review etc. Ratios are awesome and I would run the 11-30 cassette assuming it would work.

I cannot get over how ugly though. Man, can this be true? I wanted wireless Campy forever regardless of price.
Moots Vamoots RSL (2019)-Super Record 12
Cervelo S1 (2010)-Super Record 12
Kestrel RT700 (2008)-Dura Ace 9000
Mosaic GT-1 (2020)-SRAM Red viewtopic.php?f=10&t=174523

Attermann

by Attermann

Ritxis wrote:
Llanberis wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 5:28 pm
I think this has been discussed yet - there's no more CULT bearings to the new SR chainset? (According to official webpage, it's just USB.) If so, why?

Do you seriously think that USB or CULT is better than a good quality steel bearing???? more expensive for sure...
have you tried CULT bearings?

Llanberis

by Llanberis

Ritxis wrote:
Llanberis wrote:
I think this has been discussed yet - there's no more CULT bearings to the new SR chainset? (According to official webpage, it's just USB.) If so, why?

Do you seriously think that USB or CULT is better than a good quality steel bearing???? more expensive for sure...
I'm not too bothered about ceramic balls as most of them destroy their accompaning races anyway. It only makes sense for CULT because of FAG's proprietary treated steel races, and even that, it is their incredible longevity and durability that attract me, not low friction. Look it up and you will see how some SR chainsets have lasted miles and miles without the need to replace bearings. It doesn't even need grease to protect itself, just few drops of oil would suffice.

rollinslow

by rollinslow

Unfortunately, does anyone remember the original leaked image of the new derailleur on this thread? We were all saying too ugly to be real......well, it was actually the real deal. I would post it but somehow not seeing it. The silhouette looked similar.
Moots Vamoots RSL (2019)-Super Record 12
Cervelo S1 (2010)-Super Record 12
Kestrel RT700 (2008)-Dura Ace 9000
Mosaic GT-1 (2020)-SRAM Red viewtopic.php?f=10&t=174523

MichaelK

by MichaelK

ichobi wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 2:15 pm
The price is absolute insanity, even for a campy!!
Absolutely cannot wait for BMC to spec it on a SLR01 ONE and see what total price they pull out of the hat.

Nickldn

by Nickldn

MichaelK wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 7:00 pm
ichobi wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 2:15 pm
The price is absolute insanity, even for a campy!!
Absolutely cannot wait for BMC to spec it on a SLR01 ONE and see what total price they pull out of the hat.
Yes the world absolutely needs a $20k bicycle in these economically turbulent times. Totally committed cyclists can even order it on credit at ever growing interest rates.
Giant Propel Advanced SL Red Etap 11s Easton EC90 wheels CeramicSpeed BB Zipp SL70 bars 6.5kg

Vitus ZX1 CRS Campy Chorus 12s Bora WTO 45 disk brake wheels Zipp SL70 bars 7.5kg

SL8 build with Craft CS5060 Wheels in progress

Roaringwaffle

by Roaringwaffle

I think part of the issue is due to patents here. I am convinced Campagnolo could have done something much sleeker/ergonomic if it wasn't for patents preventing that. Now, hopefully they will quickly trickle down the innovations to other groupsets. While Ekar would be the ideal target for such move, I would love to see an electronic chorus for <£2000. If they can pull a semi-affordable electronic groupset, efficient and fully reparable, then it could prove a good success.

Now Ekar is currently the brand's best seller and should also benefit from the electronic treatment asap

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

Any backwards compatability?

-new RD can work with current 11-29 cassette?

-New FD can work with current 50/34 crank?

mortirolo

by mortirolo

Llanberis wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 6:24 pm
Ritxis wrote:
Llanberis wrote:

I'm not too bothered about ceramic balls as most of them destroy their accompaning races anyway. It only makes sense for CULT because of FAG's proprietary treated steel races, and even that, it is their incredible longevity and durability that attract me, not low friction. Look it up and you will see how some SR chainsets have lasted miles and miles without the need to replace bearings. It doesn't even need grease to protect itself, just few drops of oil would suffice.
Yes. CULT is better then any other bearing in market.

Pro-Tech bottom bracket is better against water and debris ingress, but it's a SUPER RECORD, so the USB is unacceptable, I guess.
Marco Pantani - Momenti Di Gloria
AX Vial (SR11) <- FELT FC (Record 10) <- LOOK KX (Dura-Ace) <- Specialized EPIC (Superbe Pro)

GaBa

by GaBa

Karvalo wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 2:30 pm
GaBa wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 1:44 pm
Oh my bad, did not even think about pair /single lever. Then difference is much smaller. But I do not understand what you mean that calipers are included? In the groups' weight? If yes I would assume that is normal and would also include disc rotors, as you account for rim calipers in rim groups' weights.
Why are you talking about this here? Have you woken up this morning and found out for the first time that disc brakes exist?

There are a hundred generic rim vs disc threads out there if you really want to talk about your groundbreaking discovery that disc is heavier than rim, but it adds less than nothing to this particular discussion about a disc only group.
My point was not to compare rim vs. disc. Not sure where I hurt you that you have to attack me. I was simply comparing weights of levers and could easily do that for 12 speed disc but I looked at the weight of the rim brake levers. Now I checked disc lever's weight and saw pair is 900g+ if I got it right?

Anyway it wouldn't hurt if you would keep conversation at an appropriate level. To be honest, your post meant solely to attack me contributed even less to this discussion than mine, since I was discussing and made an homest mistake. And I'll stop off topic now. Cheers!

silver

by silver

€5,200 for a groupset which front derailleur looks like a 737 pedal?

Flasher

by Flasher

Hopefully this tech will trickle down to Chorus level (£2k ish), but it needs to be quick, otherwise I just don't see Campag being around much longer. I mean seriously £2k+ more than DuraAce Di2 that's a joke.

mortirolo

by mortirolo

positives:
Wireless
Height of the shifters decreased slightly.
12-speed C-link

negatives:
Where is the power meter offering?
USB bearings on crankset
No rim brake option. (or a hydraulic rim brake)

conclusion:
I keep my mechanical SR11.
Marco Pantani - Momenti Di Gloria
AX Vial (SR11) <- FELT FC (Record 10) <- LOOK KX (Dura-Ace) <- Specialized EPIC (Superbe Pro)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com