Rumors Next Generation Campagnolo Road?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Bobbyc123

by Bobbyc123

But that does mean new cassettes will work with EPSv4?

eyewatering prices for cassettes i assume tho.

edit: nope, forgot it starts at 10
Last edited by Bobbyc123 on Tue May 30, 2023 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

GaBa

by GaBa

ultimobici wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 1:36 pm
GaBa wrote:Weights are already published on their webpage, I am amazed noone looked? :D Weight of levers is ridiculous, 745g vs. 339g for SR mech rim. I got to 2,231g for the group without discs and not sure whether batteries are included in weights of deraileurs.
You do realise that is for a pair and includes the calipers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh my bad, did not even think about pair /single lever. Then difference is much smaller. But I do not understand what you mean that calipers are included? In the groups' weight? If yes I would assume that is normal and would also include disc rotors, as you account for rim calipers in rim groups' weights.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

spartan wrote:well cycling weekly gave it a bad review. slow noisy shifting/ugly looks/expensive/heavy. the big black mark the front and rear batteries are not interchangeable.
the crankset options are idiotice for a PURE racing group. no pro will ride a 50/34. WTF. Sram learned this lesson 3 years ago.

so all the predictions made last year came true. utter disaster.
Maybe Campag know something you don’t? They are catering to what sells. Plus, because Campag have not introduced a new chain standard and are not discontinuing the current mechanical range, the 53/39 & 52/36 options are still in the range. Sram’s mistake was do not have an alternative in the range at all.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

ronanmclaughlin wrote:Been killing me to sit on this one. Here's my thoughts on the new groupo https://escapecollective.com/farewell-t ... -wireless/
This is fantastic thanks @ronanmclaughlin Image

Basso Diamante eps 12

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

Greny

by Greny

ronanmclaughlin wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 1:24 pm
Been killing me to sit on this one. Here's my thoughts on the new groupo https://escapecollective.com/farewell-t ... -wireless/
Great review :D
Last edited by Greny on Tue May 30, 2023 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bobbyc123

by Bobbyc123

Greny wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 2:02 pm
ronanmclaughlin wrote:
Been killing me to sit on this one. Here's my thoughts on the new groupo https://escapecollective.com/farewell-t ... -wireless/
Great review BUT pricing is way off. 3800€ already far from the 5000€ plus you mentioned

https://nnkracing.com/specialoffers/cam ... yBY_5kvKfw
Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 14.04.09.png
Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 14.04.09.png (46.97 KiB) Viewed 513 times

Greny

by Greny

Sorry , Didn't see the without VAT

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Greny wrote:
ronanmclaughlin wrote:
Great review BUT pricing is way off. 3800€ already far from the 5000€ plus you mentioned

https://nnkracing.com/specialoffers/cam ... yBY_5kvKfw
That’s because it’s already behind discounted from €4500.

ichobi

by ichobi

The price is absolute insanity, even for a campy!!

0x47af7d8f4dd51267

by 0x47af7d8f4dd51267

ichobi wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 2:15 pm
The price is absolute insanity, even for a campy!!

Nice groupset, but I just cannot imagine anyone paying over 5000 euro's to shift a chain over some sprockets. Chains, sprockets, electronic buttons, servo motors and bluetooth are all commodity technologies that have been around for many decades in their current form.

morrisond

by morrisond

Campy just committed suicide today. It's not lighter and not faster than Di2 in terms of shifting and way more expensive - I'm not a fan of losing the thumb shifter either.

They could have easily left a thumb shifter option along with the two paddles to help new users adapt.

Esthetics are also very blah.

As a life long Campy die hard - I am very sad today. Oh well - time for retro bikes - lots of great NOS around.

BTW - in the BikeRumor article they did mention Pro gearing options are coming, also that a 32 tooth rear cassette big gear should work.

I can't see why you won't be able to use 11-29 or 11-32 cassettes with the old cranks.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

GaBa wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 1:44 pm
Oh my bad, did not even think about pair /single lever. Then difference is much smaller. But I do not understand what you mean that calipers are included? In the groups' weight? If yes I would assume that is normal and would also include disc rotors, as you account for rim calipers in rim groups' weights.
Why are you talking about this here? Have you woken up this morning and found out for the first time that disc brakes exist?

There are a hundred generic rim vs disc threads out there if you really want to talk about your groundbreaking discovery that disc is heavier than rim, but it adds less than nothing to this particular discussion about a disc only group.

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

It definitely looks terrible and is expensive AF. No regrets having switched to Shi 9200 recently.
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

raggedtrousers

by raggedtrousers

ronanmclaughlin wrote:
Fantastic review, Ronan. Thanks.

I don't suppose Campag gave any sort of vague hints as to the likely time to the lower tier offering(s)?

Karvalo

by Karvalo

ultimobici wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 1:50 pm
Maybe Campag know something you don’t? They are catering to what sells. Plus, because Campag have not introduced a new chain standard and are not discontinuing the current mechanical range, the 53/39 & 52/36 options are still in the range. Sram’s mistake was do not have an alternative in the range at all.
Mistake? Sram still sells AXS at a volume that Campagnolo can only dream of right now with the vast majority of consumers completely unbothered by the standard chainring options.

What seems odd to me is that they've aimed one of their cassettes at flatland racing and none of them at really wide range. With their bigger chainring offset than Sram they could have offered the widest gear spread in the market and still had tighter ratios than Sram's 10-36.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com