Wilier Accu fit

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

joebyrne100

by joebyrne100

Half looking at the new Wilier filante SLR, but want to make sure it will fit me well. Currently on a medium 2019 Giant TCR advanced. Frame reach of 383 + a 100mm pro stem and stack frame height of 545 and 15mm of spacers below the stem. When I add the spacers and stem length to my stack and reach it doesn't seem to match anything on the accu fit table. Could someone help me work out how I can convert my current measurements to the accu fit table. There's no local Wilier dealer and will be a 250km drive or so to the nearest so want to have as good an idea as I can about if the bike will fit. I've asked the dealer but their reply was to drop in and have a chat, not really an option. Thanks for your help. Joe

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Cubist

by Cubist

Accufit is based on X and Y values. If you calculate those you are fine.

survivor

by survivor

Hoping to find answer to Wilier Filante geometry question as well. Based on the Wilier webpage, I'm fitted with a size M. When I looked into the Filante M geometry, its reach is 15mm longer than my current Pinarello F8 size 470. Having said that, I'm currently using a handlebar with 80mm reach and 100mm length stem on the Pinarello. If I were to use the 88/40 Filante bar with 68mm reach, is this giving me roughly 9mm shorter reach overall? Is this is true then it would be great as I always feel I'm a bit stretch on the Pinarello and there is always a gap of ~10mm from my hand to the hood.

TribesMan

by TribesMan

What about seat tube angles? Are they the same?

survivor

by survivor

TribesMan wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:52 am
What about seat tube angles? Are they the same?
Yes the Pinarello F8 size 470 and Wilier Filante size M seat tube angles are the same at 74 degree.

cyclenutnz

by cyclenutnz

You can go here https://www.velogicfit.com/frame-comparison
to calculate the Bar XY, which is what Wilier are using.
But note that the spacer heigh includes the headset cover, so in the example I've assumed you're actually 30mm from frame to stem
ww1.jpg
Which then matches to
ww2.jpg

survivor

by survivor

cyclenutnz wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:08 am
You can go here https://www.velogicfit.com/frame-comparison
But note that the spacer heigh includes the headset cover, so in the example I've assumed you're actually 30mm from frame to stem
ww1.jpg

Which then matches to
ww2.jpg
Thanks! This is extremely helpful!

Cubist

by Cubist

cyclenutnz wrote:You can go here https://www.velogicfit.com/frame-comparison
ww1.jpg
Which then matches to
ww2.jpg
So the obligatory cover spacers top and bottom are not included in the stack height? How tall are they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

survivor

by survivor

Cubist wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:41 pm
So the obligatory cover spacers top and bottom are not included in the stack height? How tall are they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From below video of Wilier Filante at 15:49, you can see that the obligatory cover spacers top and bottom are not included in the Accufit spacers measurement. Quote from CyclingTips review mentioned the obligatory cover spacers are 10mm.

https://youtu.be/S04U4mJhXww

Quote from CyclingTips Wilier Filante review:
https://cyclingtips.com/2021/06/wilier- ... -to-match/
"Looking at the geometry, Wilier has opted for a relatively low stack height on the Filante (and previously the Cento10). However, as a minimum, two spacers are required between the frame and stem to facilitate the integrated cable routing; therefore, the functional stack height is actually 10 mm taller. Fans of the slammed stem look beware – this means the Filante will always show at least two spacers. "

calleking

by calleking

Coming from a Tarmac SL6 size 54 i end up with 494/586. Using a -12 degree 120mm stem.

This would put me on a medium Filante with minimum spacers and a 127mm bar/stem combo.

Problem is that the handlebar is a whooping 430mm! There's no way I'm cashing out that money for an aero bike with that cockpit. Unfortunately. I do like Wilier.

Seems more likely I'll pick up a frame and a proper handlebar from Deda which should fit perfectly, groupset and some Hyper 67s.

Edit: just read up on the required 10mm spacer which complicates it even more if i go by Wiliers charts as there's noo good match for 496/576 and the handlebar width is still massive.
2022 Wilier Filante SLR Dura-Ace/Ultegra Di2 12sp
2021 Cannondale Scalpel Carbon 2

Retired:
2018 S-Works Tarmac SL6 Sagan Superstar DA 9150
2016 Aeroad CF SLX UDi2
2016 CAAD12 - SRAM Red 22 - Hyper 50mm

dmetzinger

by dmetzinger

I have a Filante and had a Zero SLR. The good news is Deda has a spacer adaptor for Wilier so you can use either a DCR stem like the Superbox or the Alanera integrated set up. I had an Alanera on my Zero SLR and used the Wilier spacers since they are nicer/higher quality than the Deda adpator and spacers. While that wasn't a perfect match it lined up well enough and you'd be hard-pressed to notice unless you looked up close. I aslo had a Vision Metron 5D ACR on the Zero SLR briefly and that matched up fine as well with the FSA ACR standard. So....lots of options as far as sizing if the Filante bars don't meet your needs. Let me know if you'd like to see some pics.
Seven Axiom SG - Force AXS rim brake
Colnago C50 - Campy Chorus 12
Wilier Filante - SRAM Force/Red AXS
Wilier Zero SLR - Red AXS

calleking

by calleking

Thanks for the reply. Would love to see some pictures of possible.

I could always switch setup but it bothers me that I'd have to pay for something that doesn't fit perfectly with a very low resale value. The frameset is €5000 and the bars which are included cost a whooping €1200
https://wilier.com/en/int/equipment/fil ... origin=int&

Retired:
2016 Aeroad CF SLX UDi2

dmetzinger

by dmetzinger

Here you go, let me know if you have any questions. Luckily, I only paid about half of retail on all of these frames. Wilier bar/stems come up for resale from time to time and I think the carbon stemma and Alabarda will fit, too. I'm building the blue Zero SLR back up and selling to a friend. Depending on the fit I will have spares that I can sell you if interested. Right now I have a Filante bar/stem 100 x 42, Superbox 110 & 120, and an Alanera 120 x 42 ctc (44 oto). He'll only need one of those so I'll have a few to sell. I know, crazy, but I fully embraced my COVID hobby of buying/building/selling (keeping a few!) bikes and can't seem to shake the habit.
Attachments
1B394724-6135-4D52-8784-5319EE646B94.jpeg
CB157520-C3C9-4187-9450-900759675B84.jpeg
32AC7A2E-5CD4-4A30-A40D-BB4AB60E7224.jpeg
6FF2E740-7724-4AA6-ABE1-E31CE20B5B8A.jpeg
Seven Axiom SG - Force AXS rim brake
Colnago C50 - Campy Chorus 12
Wilier Filante - SRAM Force/Red AXS
Wilier Zero SLR - Red AXS

calleking

by calleking

Thanks a lot for the photos. Appreciated. Those are all great bikes and if you managed to get them for half the price then wow. You are one lucky man :-)
Unfortunately I'll have to pay full retail for the Filante. The price is eye-watering already and there's actually a decent amount of used bikes popping up lately. I will have a hard time justifying a new Filante compared to a Venge for half the price i spotted today. It's actually using Force AXS with a RED Power Meter kit upgrade. We'll see where I end up. Thanks again for the photos!

Retired:
2016 Aeroad CF SLX UDi2

r_mutt

by r_mutt

dmetzinger wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:20 pm
I have a Filante and had a Zero SLR. The good news is Deda has a spacer adaptor for Wilier so you can use either a DCR stem like the Superbox or the Alanera integrated set up. I had an Alanera on my Zero SLR and used the Wilier spacers since they are nicer/higher quality than the Deda adpator and spacers. While that wasn't a perfect match it lined up well enough and you'd be hard-pressed to notice unless you looked up close. I aslo had a Vision Metron 5D ACR on the Zero SLR briefly and that matched up fine as well with the FSA ACR standard. So....lots of options as far as sizing if the Filante bars don't meet your needs. Let me know if you'd like to see some pics.
So with an Alanera set up, you could just use the Wilier spacers and not buy the Deda spacer adaptor?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com