Wilier Accu fit

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dmetzinger

by dmetzinger

r_mutt wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:22 pm
dmetzinger wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:20 pm
I have a Filante and had a Zero SLR. The good news is Deda has a spacer adaptor for Wilier so you can use either a DCR stem like the Superbox or the Alanera integrated set up. I had an Alanera on my Zero SLR and used the Wilier spacers since they are nicer/higher quality than the Deda adpator and spacers. While that wasn't a perfect match it lined up well enough and you'd be hard-pressed to notice unless you looked up close. I aslo had a Vision Metron 5D ACR on the Zero SLR briefly and that matched up fine as well with the FSA ACR standard. So....lots of options as far as sizing if the Filante bars don't meet your needs. Let me know if you'd like to see some pics.
So with an Alanera set up, you could just use the Wilier spacers and not buy the Deda spacer adaptor?
You could go with either - the red velvet Zero SLR pictured has the Wilier spacers and although it wasn't a perfect match you'd have to look closely to notice. Functionally it was no different than if I had used the Deda spacer kit. Plus the Wilier spacers are much nicer looking and more robust. The Deda spacers are kinda flimsy and look crappy.
Seven Axiom SG - Force AXS rim brake
Colnago C50 - Campy Chorus 12
Wilier Filante - SRAM Force/Red AXS
Wilier Zero SLR - Red AXS

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

r_mutt

by r_mutt

Thank you!

calleking

by calleking

So, seems like i will opt for the Filante SLR despite not having optimal handlebars. Will end up on a medium with 127x430mm. Not optimal but the price offered by my LBS can't be ignored and there is a lot to like about the frame/bike.

I saw some guy that had the same issue and opted for the Zero SLR bar. Better fit but the aero touch of the stock handlebar is lost.

Wilier actually provides a 130x400mm version for Astana racing team but it is not currently for sale and only offered in their team colours.
2022 Wilier Filante SLR Dura-Ace/Ultegra Di2 12sp
2021 Cannondale Scalpel Carbon 2

Retired:
2018 S-Works Tarmac SL6 Sagan Superstar DA 9150
2016 Aeroad CF SLX UDi2
2016 CAAD12 - SRAM Red 22 - Hyper 50mm

fidracer

by fidracer

I don't have anything constructive to add, but I'll join the chorus and say that Wilier's barstem sizes leave a lot to be desired. They have five sizes of the Filante bar, the smallest of which is only 40cm. They've been making bikes for a hundred years and seem stuck in the past in this regard. Contrast this with Factor, still a newer brand, that offers 18 barstem sizes for the Ostro and it starts at 38cm. The new barstem on the gravel bike goes down to 36cm, too.

I considered a Wilier but this was one of the big considerations that stopped me from buying one. Pretty bikes, though.

calleking

by calleking

Those are some very valid points :-)

Every 10mm of handlebar width adds 0,5W at 30km/h and 2W at 45km/h. I will end up with a 430mm handlebar (50mm too wide) so I will be losing 2,5W and 10W at those speeds compared to my preferred handlebar width (380mm). It's not the end of the world but a bit annoying nonetheless.

I reached out to Willier directly and there are no plans to offer anything narrower at the moment. Hopefully there will be a solution in the future.
2022 Wilier Filante SLR Dura-Ace/Ultegra Di2 12sp
2021 Cannondale Scalpel Carbon 2

Retired:
2018 S-Works Tarmac SL6 Sagan Superstar DA 9150
2016 Aeroad CF SLX UDi2
2016 CAAD12 - SRAM Red 22 - Hyper 50mm

Cubist

by Cubist

God I would love that the Wilier bar could go a bit narrower. Riding 114 stem size which is perfect for me. But 420 bars with hoods angled in a bit still feels like riding a truck.

JulianW

by JulianW

dmetzinger wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:36 pm
Here you go, let me know if you have any questions. Luckily, I only paid about half of retail on all of these frames. Wilier bar/stems come up for resale from time to time and I think the carbon stemma and Alabarda will fit, too. I'm building the blue Zero SLR back up and selling to a friend. Depending on the fit I will have spares that I can sell you if interested. Right now I have a Filante bar/stem 100 x 42, Superbox 110 & 120, and an Alanera 120 x 42 ctc (44 oto). He'll only need one of those so I'll have a few to sell. I know, crazy, but I fully embraced my COVID hobby of buying/building/selling (keeping a few!) bikes and can't seem to shake the habit.
Thanks for this. I have just bought a Deda Alanera for my Wilier filante SLR. With regards to fitting it. Currently I have 30mm of wilier spacers and the under stem shaped spacer. Is it just a case of disconnecting the brake hoses and refitting the new handlebar? Any space needed under steerer top cap for compression?
Many thanks