2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mrbrown4001

by mrbrown4001

NordicSal wrote:2024 Aeroad might be where it's at for me
As long as it comes out fairly soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NordicSal

by NordicSal

mrbrown4001 wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:49 pm

I'd guess around september. Maybe for the Tour.

Bravo73

by Bravo73

Eterna7m wrote: I think canyon has just released a new cfr colorway.
They have. A ‘limited’ edition, Silver Green:

It looks lovely but it seems to be a £450 premium on top of a ‘stock’ CFR.
2011 S-Works Tarmac SL3 (ex-Team Highroad)
2023 Canyon Aeroad CF SLX

mrbrown4001

by mrbrown4001

NordicSal wrote:
mrbrown4001 wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:49 pm

I'd guess around september. Maybe for the Tour.
Fingers crossed

Eterna7m

by Eterna7m

So which bike box is compatible with the Aeroad? Preferably a hard shell one. (For travel via plane)

otnemem

by otnemem

Eterna7m wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:14 pm
So which bike box is compatible with the Aeroad? Preferably a hard shell one. (For travel via plane)

Canyon sells a hardshell bike box. It's probably compatible? Email them.

Eterna7m

by Eterna7m

otnemem wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:32 am
Eterna7m wrote:

I was hoping for other options because the b&w option seems flimsy and requires you to remove the handlebar and the other one isn't hardshell.

frostorama

by frostorama

Eterna7m wrote:

Take a look at the BikeBoxAlan EasyFit, takes road bikes with integrated cockpits in place, not need to dismantle the front of the bike at all. You may even be able to fit the bike without removing the seatpost as well, depending on the size of the frame.

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

Eterna7m wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:08 pm
otnemem wrote:
Eterna7m wrote:

I was hoping for other options because the b&w option seems flimsy and requires you to remove the handlebar and the other one isn't hardshell.
Isn't the whole point of the Canyon cockpit design to make it easy for travel? Remove the bar ends, rather than the whole bar, and off you go.

otnemem

by otnemem

Eterna7m wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:08 pm
otnemem wrote:
Eterna7m wrote:

I have one. It's not flimsy. I just can't vouch for its width accommodating the Aeroad handlebars after removal of both drops, which is why I suggested emailing them.
I can however vouch for it not being flimsy. Surely not as tough as one of those that look like rig cases for metal bands, but then again the B&W doesn't weigh a tonne and I don't need it to survive a nuclear blast.

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

Does anyone else with the CP0018 cockpit had issues when trying to lower/remove spacers? It’s an easy process. However, I loosed the 9nm bolt, took out the spacers, slid it down, and went to use their weird driver to tighten everything back together and found this:

There’s some Carbon or something in there blocking the driver.

In addition, the 9nm bolt is now frozen (I can’t loosen or tighten it).

Did I screw something up, or is it defective?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

allenpg

by allenpg

I recently got a new Aeroad CFR and was swapping rear wheels and noticed that there is about a 4mm gap between the endcap and frame. I checked this on 3 different wheels. I measured the rear axle spacing and it comes in at 146mm. Has anyone experienced anything else like this...I didn't know if this was normal? My 2019 Canyon Aeroad was a spot on 142mm spacing. Thanks for the help!
IMG_2444.jpeg

Cannoli

by Cannoli

allenpg wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:10 am
I recently got a new Aeroad CFR and was swapping rear wheels and noticed that there is about a 4mm gap between the endcap and frame. I checked this on 3 different wheels. I measured the rear axle spacing and it comes in at 146mm. Has anyone experienced anything else like this...I didn't know if this was normal? My 2019 Canyon Aeroad was a spot on 142mm spacing. Thanks for the help!
I've only seen this when the rear axle isn't tightened up enough. I see this more on my wife's XXL than on my S, but being sure the axle is tight always solves this issue.
Canyon Aeroad CFR Di2 | Canyon Ultimate SLX 9.0 Di2 | Trek Domane SL5 Disc (Gravel Bike / Fly-Away Road Bike) | Orbea Tera H-30 Disc (Touring Bike)

allenpg

by allenpg

Cannoli wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:21 am
allenpg wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:10 am
I've only seen this when the rear axle isn't tightened up enough. I see this more on my wife's XXL than on my S, but being sure the axle is tight always solves this issue.
I have no issues tightening the axle up and it being solid. It's just the gap before I tighten it. I haven't seen this much of a gap on a 142mm thru axle bike before.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Cannoli

by Cannoli

It seems like the chain-stays are a bit wider than one would think is "normal" without the axle in place, but tightening up the axle brings things in line as would be expected. I've seen this on my Aeroad and my Ultimate, but those are both very light carbon bikes compared to my Trek seems to be more "rigid". The chain-stays don't flex at all.
Canyon Aeroad CFR Di2 | Canyon Ultimate SLX 9.0 Di2 | Trek Domane SL5 Disc (Gravel Bike / Fly-Away Road Bike) | Orbea Tera H-30 Disc (Touring Bike)