2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

Heard from Canyon Warranty twice now.

The first email suggested a tutorial on Aeroad assembly. I’m serious.

The second offered:

“Apologies for the issue you have been having with your Aeroad. What we can do is bring the bike into our warehouse for servicing so the team can take a look at it and work to resolve the issue. Currently our estimated timeline for service is around 6-8 weeks including shipping times. If you would like to go ahead with this, please let me know and I will get everything processed.”

This is not a good start.

Mind you, this bike is 8 weeks old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Canyon must have had lots of headache regarding the Aeroad. No wonder they have a revised version out pretty soon....
Hopefully smart enough to go for a better BB standard to.

And yes, Van Der Poels bike looks very nice :thumbup:
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

LedZeppelin007 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:11 am

The second offered:

“Apologies for the issue you have been having with your Aeroad. What we can do is bring the bike into our warehouse for servicing so the team can take a look at it and work to resolve the issue. Currently our estimated timeline for service is around 6-8 weeks including shipping times. If you would like to go ahead with this, please let me know and I will get everything processed.”

What if you asked to revoke the purchase?
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

wheelsONfire wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:53 am
Canyon must have had lots of headache regarding the Aeroad. No wonder they have a revised version out pretty soon....

And yes, Van Der Poels bike looks very nice :thumbup:
Hard to see anything to suggest a different BB standard, and the cockpit is still unfortunately the same system. Those remain the two major flaws in the design. Seatpost is probably going to be ok in this new iteration tho.

Cannoli

by Cannoli

They had a close-up on the top tube pre-race, which showed a clamp screw at the top back towards the seatpost. I'm surprised they put the mount at the top. It looks quite amateurish on such a gorgeous frame.
Canyon Aeroad CFR Di2 | Canyon Ultimate SLX 9.0 Di2 | Trek Domane SL5 Disc (Gravel Bike / Fly-Away Road Bike) | Orbea Tera H-30 Disc (Touring Bike)

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

wheelsONfire wrote:
LedZeppelin007 wrote:

The second offered:

If you mean ask to send back for a refund, I absolutely have asked. I’m hoping that’s where it ends up.

Unfortunately, I’ve upgraded the crank, wheels, and saddle (and sold the old parts) which complicates things.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

LedZeppelin007 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:27 pm
wheelsONfire wrote:
LedZeppelin007 wrote:

The second offered:

If you mean ask to send back for a refund, I absolutely have asked. I’m hoping that’s where it ends up.

Unfortunately, I’ve upgraded the crank, wheels, and saddle (and sold the old parts) which complicates things.

Hm, yes i agree, that complicates things. How would you like it to be resolved more precisely?
Wait for a new frameset (revised), get a new current, money back (what you really mentioned i am aware) or make it easy and go for Ultimate?
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

wheelsONfire wrote:
LedZeppelin007 wrote:
wheelsONfire wrote:
LedZeppelin007 wrote:

The second offered:

Hm, yes i agree, that complicates things. How would you like it to be resolved more precisely?
Wait for a new frameset (revised), get a new current, money back (what you really mentioned i am aware) or make it easy and go for Ultimate?
It’s my only road bike and I need it soon. The weather is starting to break and I’ve got to be able to ride outside or I will go nuts lol.

So, I think the hopeful outcome is to exchange it for a model of equal value. Alternatively, I could send it in for service, buy a different non-Canyon bike (an S5 or a System Six) and sell the Canyon when I get it back. But that is pretty low on the list.

It’s soooo frustrating because the bike is so good when it works.

tomtom

by tomtom

LedZeppelin007 wrote:
wheelsONfire wrote:
LedZeppelin007 wrote:

The second offered:

In the Netherlands that was not a problem. I could (but I didn't) return my CFR frame of which I sold the SRAM parts. They deducted less then the amount I sold the parts for :thumbup:
Canyon Aeroad CFR
Canyon Grail CF

otnemem

by otnemem

wheelsONfire wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:53 am
Not gonna happen.

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

tomtom wrote:
LedZeppelin007 wrote:
wheelsONfire wrote:
LedZeppelin007 wrote:

The second offered:

In the Netherlands that was not a problem. I could (but I didn't) return my CFR frame of which I sold the SRAM parts. They deducted less then the amount I sold the parts for :thumbup:
This is what they are proposing now (sending back minus the sold parts and upgrades). They did not tell, me however, what the refund would be. I’m afraid they will deduct quite a lot.

man1ac

by man1ac

Question is: When will it release? This season? Next?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robbosmans

by robbosmans

I would guess a 2024 update so end of the year.