2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

smar01

by smar01

Look what i just found, not sure how legit the shop is though.
https://s-tec-essence.eshop.t-online.de ... sc/2021%22

Propel Force ETAP AXS at 5000€. Would get myself the force PM for 500€.
If i see that right the wheels also shold be non-hookless. Maybe I can also sell the wheels at some Point and get myslef some DT´s, which I prefer.
The paint job is also mint.
Nathan1558 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:23 am
Anyone know of any rumours regarding possibly a future model (maybe 2022?). Going to cancel my order and might just wait for the next release.
Frame wise probably not, maybe new wheels and new Groupset.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HansZuDemFranz

by HansZuDemFranz

smar01 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:46 am
smar01 wrote:I have ordered a mid January Aeroad CF SLX AXS, which should've arrived mid April.

Will probably be looking out for a Giant Propel and cancel my order.
Hey guys me again.
So I have been looking around yesterday, but I don't like the Giant wheels, going hookless in 2020/2021 is just too early, I want some tire choice.
On that note, I wanted to ask if you have some different suggestions.
I have a budget of 6500€.
I want Electronic gearing (preferably SRAM), an aero frame, some decent deep section wheels and a PM should also be included in the budget.
The Aeroad just was the perfect choice.

So far I have been looking at a Merida Reacto, which comes with Force AXS for 4800€, but I'm not sure about the Reynolds Ar58 wheels.
Posted it on here, because I think it might help some other aeroad buyers.
I would appreciate your help.

Oh and I can't go pedal-based Powermeter wise, because I use Spd-sl. I know there are some rumors around assioma, but nothing certain.
Cube Litening C68X with Force AXS for 4600€. I don't really know about the wheels, since they aren't very deep. But a New set would probably still be in your budget. The bike is stated at 7,6kg, so definitely a lot lighter than the Merida.

I have the Ultegra Di2 version of that bike, if you have any questions.

But that Merida also looks like a really really nice.

smar01

by smar01

HansZuDemFranz wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:28 am

Cube Litening C68X with Force AXS for 4600€. I don't really know about the wheels, since they aren't very deep. But a New set would probably still be in your budget. The bike is stated at 7,6kg, so definitely a lot lighter than the Merida.

Well i already had a look at this one, as Cube is local to me. But i don´t really like the Race Color.
Also I need it for the summer race season (which is pretty silly with the current avaliability) and i dindn´t find anything in stock in my size.

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

smar01 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:25 am
Look what i just found, not sure how legit the shop is though.
https://s-tec-essence.eshop.t-online.de ... sc/2021%22

Propel Force ETAP AXS at 5000€. Would get myself the force PM for 500€.
If i see that right the wheels also shold be non-hookless. Maybe I can also sell the wheels at some Point and get myslef some DT´s, which I prefer.
The paint job is also mint.
Nathan1558 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:23 am
Anyone know of any rumours regarding possibly a future model (maybe 2022?). Going to cancel my order and might just wait for the next release.
Frame wise probably not, maybe new wheels and new Groupset.
S-Tec is legit. I bought from them even decades ago, they have a good reputation - especially with custom Giant bikes.

smar01

by smar01

Dr.Dos wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:42 am

S-Tec is legit. I bought from them even decades ago, they have a good reputation - especially with custom Giant bikes.
Thank you, well I guess I know what will be my next bike.

brusknl

by brusknl

17/03/2020 - You are probably also wondering about the status of the seat post. We currently expect to be able to offer you an upgraded solution in the autumn that will satisfy you and us 100%. We are sorry that we cannot give you an earlier date at the moment.
Beginning of March they said the following;

1/3/2020 - Our engineers have developed different approaches and are already in the test phase to identify the best solution to keep you riding. We expect a positive "go" from this test phase shortly and will get back to you on March 17 at the latest to give you a further update on how we will proceed together.

Looks like the supposed quick fix didn't work as expected. Now continue with the development of a complete new seatpost, and maybe worse (for them) a re-designed frame?
Canyon Aeroad SLX 8 Di2

eins4eins

by eins4eins

I think they have a solution already, but it won't be available until autumn because the production of a redesigned post will take time, as asian manufacturers are super busy. Canyon can't just call in and express order a few thousand posts. Capacity simply isn't available.

brusknl

by brusknl

eins4eins wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:53 am
I think they have a solution already, but it won't be available until autumn because the production of a redesigned post will take time, as asian manufacturers are super busy. Canyon can't just call in and express order a few thousand posts. Capacity simply isn't available.
But reinforced dropbars are available in July already.
Canyon Aeroad SLX 8 Di2

nbrandborg

by nbrandborg

brusknl wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:55 am
eins4eins wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:53 am
But reinforced dropbars are available in July already.
My guess is its due to the bar "just" has to be reinforced in certain areas in the current production setup, where the seatpost needs a redesign and therefore bigger changes in the production setup (new moulds and such).

Kzco

by Kzco

pedrop wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:18 am
Kzco wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:20 pm
Did anyone continue riding it using electrical tape on the seatpost ? how does it look after a few miles ?
I did about 1000km with this solution: two layers of American tape on the back of the seat post.
With the tape, the oscillation is disappeared. I think that I've reached a compromise that allows me to wait for the Canyon solution this fall.
I'll probably go this way also.

brusknl

by brusknl

First they said to me after inspecting seatpost photos I've sent to them, to stop using the bike. Because it may damage the frame.

Now they have sent an email telling it is safe to keep using the bike. If my frame gets damaged further -before the seatpost fix is preseted in autumn- I will demand a new frame.

I think I will keep riding the bike, instead of waiting on the new handlebars. They rode the whole Tour on it without issues. Also I'm no MVDP and the pavement is fine here, no cobble.
Last edited by brusknl on Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Canyon Aeroad SLX 8 Di2

Milese

by Milese

My bike shortlist pre ordering the Canyon was

Ridley Noah Fast
Focus Izalco Max
Cervelo S5
Merida Reacto

All fitting the fairly lightweight aero mould without being too expensive (BMC / SL7, ok and the Cervelo).

Ended up with the Noah as the frameset is available locally on a good deal. Built with DA DI2 and Farsports Feders for £6k, 7.0kgs, very happy.

TomS

by TomS

HansZuDemFranz wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:28 am
smar01 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:46 am
smar01 wrote:I have ordered a mid January Aeroad CF SLX AXS, which should've arrived mid April.

Will probably be looking out for a Giant Propel and cancel my order.
Hey guys me again.
So I have been looking around yesterday, but I don't like the Giant wheels, going hookless in 2020/2021 is just too early, I want some tire choice.
On that note, I wanted to ask if you have some different suggestions.
I have a budget of 6500€.
I want Electronic gearing (preferably SRAM), an aero frame, some decent deep section wheels and a PM should also be included in the budget.
The Aeroad just was the perfect choice.

So far I have been looking at a Merida Reacto, which comes with Force AXS for 4800€, but I'm not sure about the Reynolds Ar58 wheels.
Posted it on here, because I think it might help some other aeroad buyers.
I would appreciate your help.

Oh and I can't go pedal-based Powermeter wise, because I use Spd-sl. I know there are some rumors around assioma, but nothing certain.

But that Merida also looks like a really really nice.

I queried about the Reacto 8000-E in my LBS in Belgium last week. All 2021 models sold, 2022 are different colors and not to my liking (Team will stay relatively the same, 9000-E will be silver with blue top tube, 8000E will be bourgoundy red). But the real letdown might be this: If I had ordered a size XL 2022 Reacto, earliest delivery date was 23-05-2022... sorry for the bad news, hope is only true for benelux...

smar01

by smar01

TomS wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:37 am

I queried about the Reacto 8000-E in my LBS in Belgium last week. All 2020 models sold, 2021 are different colors and not to my liking (Team will stay relatively the same, 9000-E will be silver with blue top tube, 8000E will be bourgoundy red). But the real letdown might be this: If I had ordered a size XL 2021 Reacto, earliest delivery date was 23-05-2022... sorry for the bad news, hope is only true for benelux...
will go for the Giant eitherway, but thanks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrlobber

by mrlobber

TomS wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:37 am
I queried about the Reacto 8000-E in my LBS in Belgium last week. All 2021 models sold, 2022 are different colors and not to my liking (Team will stay relatively the same, 9000-E will be silver with blue top tube, 8000E will be bourgoundy red). But the real letdown might be this: If I had ordered a size XL 2022 Reacto, earliest delivery date was 23-05-2022... sorry for the bad news, hope is only true for benelux...
Just to add to this topic, it's true at least for several other parts of Europe as well; to get a Merida delivered on 2022, you actually had to order it in autumn 2020.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike