2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

The purple/bluish colours that Alpecin are riding now on Canyon site are all listed as coming this summer in all sizes (June - so just ahead of the Tour). Meantime, the existing frames in last year's colours (black and white-and-blue Alpecin version) are available for delivery now, and at serious bargain prices for top end bikes.

So I wonder if the purple frames will have the new seatpost clamp...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tomtom

by tomtom

aeroisnteverything wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:42 am
The purple/bluish colours that Alpecin are riding now on Canyon site are all listed as coming this summer in all sizes (June - so just ahead of the Tour). Meantime, the existing frames in last year's colours (black and white-and-blue Alpecin version) are available for delivery now, and at serious bargain prices for top end bikes.

Where do I find the Alpecin Pro bikes? Not @Canyon :-(
Canyon Aeroad CFR
Canyon Grail CF

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

tomtom wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:24 pm

I guess I don't know if it's different based on geography, but on the UK site, the dura ace CFR model has Alpecin replica colours as one of the options.

https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/road-bikes ... be=BK%2FBK

tomtom

by tomtom

Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:20 pm
tomtom wrote:

I guess I don't know if it's different based on geography, but on the UK site, the dura ace CFR model has Alpecin replica colours as one of the options.

I thought you reffered to "real" pro-bikes.....and I don't see "bargain" prices :mrgreen:
Canyon Aeroad CFR
Canyon Grail CF

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

tomtom wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:26 pm
Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:20 pm
tomtom wrote:

I thought you reffered to "real" pro-bikes.....and I don't see "bargain" prices :mrgreen:
Considering the components on tha CFR model, it's definitely a bargain. The wheels are top notch, the cranks and PM from Rotor are excellent choices, and the full DA group set otherwise - it's hard to fault this stuff. Comparably equipped models from Trek, Spesh, Cervelo, Foil are like 50% more expensive.

rideitstereo

by rideitstereo

Does someone have real life pictures of the new "dark blue" Aeroad colourway? Cheers, Flo

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

Canyon is offering me $2800 on my return of the frame, cockpit and R9150 drivetrain.

I can’t believe this shit.

I paid $7300 for the bike. They admit that there’s a warranty issue with the frame. They offer a 6-8 week repair window and I had to wait 2 weeks for them to give me a number on a return that I was assured would be reasonable. $2756 actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Last edited by LedZeppelin007 on Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

LedZeppelin007 wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:15 pm
Canyon is offering me $2800 on my return of the frame, cockpit and R9150 drivetrain.

I paid $7300 for the bike.

expensive DTswiss :noidea:
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

spdntrxi wrote:
LedZeppelin007 wrote:

I paid $7300 for the bike.

expensive DTswiss :noidea:
DT will be thrilled that their wheels (the MY2020 version) are worth nearly $5k

spartacus

by spartacus

LedZeppelin007 wrote:

I paid $7300 for the bike. They admit that there’s a warranty issue with the frame. They offer a 6-8 week repair window and I had to wait 2 weeks for them to give me a number on a return that I was assured would be reasonable. $2756 actually.

Baffling how someone can read through this thread and everything that's happened between the stop ride, cockpit issues, seatpost issues, frame cracks, poor customer service and communication, etc.. etc... and still decide to buy an aeroad.

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

spartacus wrote:
LedZeppelin007 wrote:

Baffling how someone can read through this thread and everything that's happened between the stop ride, cockpit issues, seatpost issues, frame cracks, poor customer service and communication, etc.. etc... and still decide to buy an aeroad.
I literally don’t know what to do at this point. I can probably sell the broken frame and groupset for more than that. Maybe I should send it to Hambini, lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

spartacus

by spartacus

LedZeppelin007 wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:34 pm
spartacus wrote:
LedZeppelin007 wrote:

I literally don’t know what to do at this point. I can probably sell the broken frame and groupset for more than that. Maybe I should send it to Hambini, lol.

Seems like the most sensible thing to do would be to send it in for repair, wait for it to get back, and sell it. I personally might try to fix it myself but the cockpit is confusing on that thing and I'm not even sure what went wrong on yours, but it sounds like the screw snapped and has to be extracted somehow which might be difficult or impossible without damaging the cockpit (which is expensive/probably out of stock).

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

spartacus wrote:
LedZeppelin007 wrote:
spartacus wrote:
LedZeppelin007 wrote:

Seems like the most sensible thing to do would be to send it in for repair, wait for it to get back, and sell it. I personally might try to fix it myself but the cockpit is confusing on that thing and I'm not even sure what went wrong on yours, but it sounds like the screw snapped and has to be extracted somehow which might be difficult or impossible without damaging the cockpit (which is expensive/probably out of stock).
I would probably have to go weeks/months without a road bike during prime season. Not to mention, the closer we get to a new Aeroad, the harder it will be to sell.

They are really screwing me here. I was really happy with the bike until it broke.

spartacus

by spartacus

LedZeppelin007 wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:05 pm
spartacus wrote:
LedZeppelin007 wrote:
spartacus wrote:

I would probably have to go weeks/months without a road bike during prime season. Not to mention, the closer we get to a new Aeroad, the harder it will be to sell.

They are really screwing me here. I was really happy with the bike until it broke.

Just get a caad from craigslist for a couple hundred or something to ride in the meanwhile :noidea: It's either that or eat a significant loss...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

Update: they calculated based on MSRP values of the missing parts. I was able to speak with one of the managers, who was helpful and will now give me a reasonable refund.

Good on them. It’s my favorite bike ever when it works, but I’m done with this generation of Aeroad.

Guess it’s on to something else like a SystemSix or an S5.