2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Cannoli

by Cannoli

TomS wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:45 am
Kzco wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:51 pm
Anyone seen this ?

Is it just me ?
Isn't the clamping bolt lower for XS frames? Seems to be a very small size... But I do hope that this is a redesign (although with some tape my seatpost hasn't creaked in > 5000km now). Btw, the other bikes in the picture do have the clamping bolt.
Yes, its down below near the arch of the tire area. You have to take the rear wheel off to adjust.
Canyon Aeroad CFR Di2 | Canyon Ultimate SLX 9.0 Di2 | Trek Domane SL5 Disc (Gravel Bike / Fly-Away Road Bike) | Orbea Tera H-30 Disc (Touring Bike)

djemz

by djemz

NordicSal wrote:219 for anyone interested, and thanks. Hope they've fixed the seatpost issues completely with this.

Has anyone got an idea to whether or not it's possible to change the cockpit to something more traditional and still have it internally routed on the SLX and CFR?
What seatpost issues? Issues are allready solved for a long time with the sleeve on the new bikes.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn AC2003 met Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MagicShite

by MagicShite

djemz wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:41 am
NordicSal wrote:219 for anyone interested, and thanks. Hope they've fixed the seatpost issues completely with this.

Has anyone got an idea to whether or not it's possible to change the cockpit to something more traditional and still have it internally routed on the SLX and CFR?
What seatpost issues? Issues are allready solved for a long time with the sleeve on the new bikes.

Did not solve. Had to do the tape trick with customer's bikes.

I really hate this bike TBH.

Cannoli

by Cannoli

MagicShite wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:04 pm
djemz wrote:

"hate this bike" to work on or to ride? To work on, I agree, it's a PITA. The headset and bars are a struggle to perform maintenance on. Cable routing is a a nightmare to say the least.

Now to ride? This is the best bike I've ever slung a leg over. I absolutely love every moment I'm riding.
Canyon Aeroad CFR Di2 | Canyon Ultimate SLX 9.0 Di2 | Trek Domane SL5 Disc (Gravel Bike / Fly-Away Road Bike) | Orbea Tera H-30 Disc (Touring Bike)

djemz

by djemz

MagicShite wrote:
djemz wrote:

I have one and a lot of my friends also and not one of us have issues with the seatpost...

reneb

by reneb

No seatpostclamp aswell on the Strade Bianche Aeroad of MvdP

Screw in headset?

Eterna7m

by Eterna7m

reneb wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:08 pm

Screw in headset?

can you spot whether it has the same clamping mechanism over the headset bearing ?
I am interested whether they've reworked the cockpit or if this is just a minor tweak (I.e. replace the "tool")

henau212

by henau212

reneb wrote:

Screw in headset?

For what it's worth: the new Roadlite On CF is using the new clamping mechanism and an aero seatpost. Interesting part: no sleeve...
Attachments
C5B7EB14-1C4E-457D-BAE7-7EBF19301DFA.jpeg

robb

by robb

I've just received my aeroad, upgrading from 2015 model.

I'm a size small and the stem is stupidly short compared to my old bike, are there any aftermarket options coming? Canyon told me i can buy another one from them but they dont replace. The problem is they arent available and the size options are the dummest thing I've ever seen.

Also i noticed a few comments about the seat post having issues, has the issue been resolved? or was it around people not putting carbon paste in the right place because the manual is so poorly worded?

Hope darimo or some chinese company make some options, i'd like 120mm 38cm.

Eterna7m

by Eterna7m

robb wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:40 am
I've just received my aeroad, upgrading from 2015 model.

I'm a size small and the stem is stupidly short compared to my old bike, are there any aftermarket options coming? Canyon told me i can buy another one from them but they dont replace. The problem is they arent available and the size options are the dummest thing I've ever seen.

Also i noticed a few comments about the seat post having issues, has the issue been resolved? or was it around people not putting carbon paste in the right place because the manual is so poorly worded?

Hope darimo or some chinese company make some options, i'd like 120mm 38cm.
You have the cf sl , right?

I don't have seat Post issues. I've used the tape previously just to be safe but that wasn't really necessary.
I think canyon has just released a new cfr colorway.

mrbrown4001

by mrbrown4001

Eterna7m wrote:
reneb wrote:

Screw in headset?

can you spot whether it has the same clamping mechanism over the headset bearing ?
I am interested whether they've reworked the cockpit or if this is just a minor tweak (I.e. replace the "tool")
For the love of God can someone figure out if canyon is working on some new cockpit solutions. I’d really hope that we can find some evidence that this might be happening on this MVDP bike, or at least evidence that there will be compatibility with 3rd party solutions in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eins4eins

by eins4eins

They are working on some options. In training camp MvdP was riding a different cockpit, most obvious difference was more flared drops.

djemz

by djemz

reneb wrote:No seatpostclamp aswell on the Strade Bianche Aeroad of MvdP

Screw in headset?

Why is there a hole in front of the seatpost on the toptube?

Lina

by Lina

djemz wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:11 pm
Why is there a hole in front of the seatpost on the toptube?

Pretty standard location for a seat clamp/binder. It's obvious now that they're redesigning the seat clamping mechanism.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NordicSal

by NordicSal

2024 Aeroad might be where it's at for me