2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jayjay

by jayjay

xcfred wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:59 pm
Just an update to this thread:

Velofix couldn't fix my stem bolt so Canyon had my ship the whole bike back to them...upon inspection they found a crack in my chain stay! They have no replacement frames available....bike is still with them pending a determination on next steps. Not a very good customer experience thus far!
I don't really like Canyon as a company but I would say it is very positive that they have spotted that crack.
Hope you don't have to wait that long for a new frame.

mrbrown4001

by mrbrown4001

jayjay wrote:
xcfred wrote:

Velofix couldn't fix my stem bolt so Canyon had my ship the whole bike back to them...upon inspection they found a crack in my chain stay! They have no replacement frames available....bike is still with them pending a determination on next steps. Not a very good customer experience thus far!
I don't really like Canyon as a company but I would say it is very positive that they have spotted that crack.
I’m done with canyon. The really messed up with this aeroad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

jayjay wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:16 pm
xcfred wrote:

They probably autocheck that area because most cracks on the aeroad have been there. (and I've seen quite a few)
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

BenCousins

by BenCousins

mrbrown4001 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:24 pm
jayjay wrote:
xcfred wrote:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My thoughts exactly. Such a crap experience.

jayjay

by jayjay

mrbrown4001 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:24 pm
I was done with Canyon way befor the Aeroad disaster :?

GrassQ

by GrassQ

Aeroad with shimano 105 di2, 4.499 eur, new color also

https://www.canyon.com/de-de/rennrad/ae ... e=R081_P12

BenCousins

by BenCousins

I think this with a wheel upgrade makes much more sense, having owned both aeroad and a new evo

https://www.cannondale.com/en-se/bikes/ ... rsix-evo-3

NordicSal

by NordicSal

BenCousins wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:54 pm
I think this with a wheel upgrade makes much more sense, having owned both aeroad and a new evo

Hard disagree, having owned neither.

Lina

by Lina

NordicSal wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:21 pm
BenCousins wrote:

Just the fact that you can dial in your position exactly as you want makes the SuperSix more attractive than Aeroad.

BenCousins

by BenCousins

NordicSal wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:21 pm
BenCousins wrote:

Barely any less aero, but lighter, so much more flexible in components, better aftersales when purchased from an LBS, less design issues.

GrassQ

by GrassQ

Supersix is also a good option.
If sizing is right for you I think that 105 di2 aeroad is a good value bike. Same is for example that supersix, Propel advanced and Van Rysel in price about 5 teur. Not cheap, but compared to high end framesets quite reasonable prices

NordicSal

by NordicSal

Less aero and you won't get anywhere near those wheels for the extra you're paying for the canyon. Of course, if someone can only fit on one of them, then that's the best buy for him/her.

wozzo

by wozzo

BenCousins wrote:

Hardly comparable those two bikes. We should see frame upgrade to systemsix soon though.

I had a creaking slx aeroad revision for 20odd days and decided to return. Cool,fast bike but it was just too much for me to justify the price with the flaws the design of this bike had/still has. (With only 6years warranty I really wish the owners all the best after that period ends)

I am now an owner of a Propel adv pro 0, and there is not a single bad word I can say about it. Easy to fit, smart stem/handlebar cabling etc, fast af even on stock slr1 wheels(I have replaced rear one for 65 at my local dealer), and giant really learned how to design/paint the bikes (they were really bad in the past). Don't care about its weight so much since I am 196cm/95kg rider - just like it flat and fast. And propel is really into it.

BenCousins

by BenCousins

wozzo wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:41 pm
BenCousins wrote:

Hardly comparable those two bikes. We should see frame upgrade to systemsix soon though.

I had a creaking slx aeroad revision for 20odd days and decided to return. Cool,fast bike but it was just too much for me to justify the price with the flaws the design of this bike had/still has. (With only 6years warranty I really wish the owners all the best after that period ends)

I am now an owner of a Propel adv pro 0, and there is not a single bad word I can say about it. Easy to fit, smart stem/handlebar cabling etc, fast af even on stock slr1 wheels(I have replaced rear one for 65 at my local dealer), and giant really learned how to design/paint the bikes (they were really bad in the past). Don't care about its weight so much since I am 196cm/95kg rider - just like it flat and fast. And propel is really into it.
I think they discontinue the systemsix. That's not comparable to Aeroad, given the horrific weight.

wozzo

by wozzo

I think they discontinue the systemsix.
Oh..didn't know that. "OnE bIke tO ruLe tHEm aLl" also?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com