2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Bravo73

by Bravo73

cnyn wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:14 am
https://www.canyon.com/de-de/rennrad/ae ... /3952.html

"New" clamping mechanism, like on the old aeroad without rubber grommet.
Thanks for highlighting this change.

I should just have enough time to update my SLX order to the new model. 😅
2011 S-Works Tarmac SL3 (ex-Team Highroad)
2023 Canyon Aeroad CF SLX

Lina

by Lina

I'm pretty sure they ditched the entire seatpost design and went with single depth seatpost design. It'd be almost impossible to clamp the old seatpost design with the new seat clamp. And there is not a single mention of the seatpost in any of the new bikes on the site. So expect a slightly harsher ride. Also 4k for SL build is now starting to look really tempting, even though I'd have to strip it to the frame pretty much.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thirdsun

by thirdsun

NordicSal wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:53 pm
I can see this being my next bike in a year or two - unless something drastic happens.

Do you guys reckon it will have fixed all the baby mistakes?
Not everyone had problems with the Aeroad. Mine works flawlessly and so do countless others you won't read about in forums like this one.

The new seatpost clamp should fix the remaining issues for those that would be affected otherwise. I'd say now is the time to get an Aeroad. In 2 years we might be closer to a major frame update.
  • Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8 Di2
  • Cervelo Caledonia Rival eTap AXS
  • Vitus Venon Evo
  • Canyon Grail CF SL 8 Di2

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

Looks like it got a bit heavier - I think 150-200g compared to the old spec, based on their website's cited weight.

Bravo73

by Bravo73

FYI, the SLX 8 Di2 got 120gms heavier (7.88kg vs 7.76kg).
2011 S-Works Tarmac SL3 (ex-Team Highroad)
2023 Canyon Aeroad CF SLX

tomtom

by tomtom

thirdsun wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:38 am
NordicSal wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:53 pm
I can see this being my next bike in a year or two - unless something drastic happens.

Do you guys reckon it will have fixed all the baby mistakes?
Not everyone had problems with the Aeroad. Mine works flawlessly and so do countless others you won't read about in forums like this one.

The new seatpost clamp should fix the remaining issues for those that would be affected otherwise. I'd say now is the time to get an Aeroad. In 2 years we might be closer to a major frame update.
+1 but I like the new "solution" much better than the ugly sleeve (which doesn't help much....)
Canyon Aeroad CFR
Canyon Grail CF

NordicSal

by NordicSal

Yea now seems like a good time, my finances just disagree haha

Ferdi77

by Ferdi77

The first iteration of the canyon Aeroad cf slx was 7.57 kg without pedals - now we are at 7.88 kg. Quite significant weight increase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TomS

by TomS

Ferdi77 wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:38 pm
The first iteration of the canyon Aeroad cf slx was 7.57 kg without pedals - now we are at 7.88 kg. Quite significant weight increase.

BTW - the assembly video on the Canyon site (also) shows the new clamping mechanism. Perfectly happy with mine with sleeve, great bike all around!

Ferdi77

by Ferdi77

TomS wrote:
Ferdi77 wrote:

BTW - the assembly video on the Canyon site (also) shows the new clamping mechanism. Perfectly happy with mine with sleeve, great bike all around!
Iam still sneaking around this bike - I think I’ll wait for one of the older 11 speed versions in the outlet…

thirdsun

by thirdsun

Ferdi77 wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:35 pm
TomS wrote:
Ferdi77 wrote:

Iam still sneaking around this bike - I think I’ll wait for one of the older 11 speed versions in the outlet…

I doubt you will find any 11 speed Aeroads in the outlet. Pretty sure they have all been sold a year ago when the updated 12 speed models were introduced.

If you want to save some money you should buy the Aeroads that are in the outlet right now. Those are 12 speed models with the seatpost sleeve.
  • Vitus Venon Evo

Ferdi77

by Ferdi77

thirdsun wrote:
Ferdi77 wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:35 pm
TomS wrote:
Ferdi77 wrote:

I doubt you will find any 11 speed Aeroads in the outlet. Pretty sure they have all been sold a year ago when the updated 12 speed models were introduced.

If you want to save some money you should buy the Aeroads that are in the outlet right now. Those are 12 speed models with the seatpost sleeve.
There were some of the 21 models (11speed) in the outlet this year actually. Hesitated to buy one of them though.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

just noticed ths topic has 200+ pages...

anyway, can someone please briefly explain what are the differences between CFR and (also new?) CF SLX?

aside from weight (obviously) and some tweaks (seatpost? headset?) do they share the design? in other words - can i expect CF SLX to be equally *fast* as the CFR?

reason i ask - CF SLX with Ultegra and 1400 DTs is 1/3 cheaper than CFR on DA and 1100's, and only ~400 grams heavier...
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Off course it’s the same mold just a different layup

thirdsun

by thirdsun

tymon_tm wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:25 pm
just noticed ths topic has 200+ pages...

anyway, can someone please briefly explain what are the differences between CFR and (also new?) CF SLX?

aside from weight (obviously) and some tweaks (seatpost? headset?) do they share the design? in other words - can i expect CF SLX to be equally *fast* as the CFR?

reason i ask - CF SLX with Ultegra and 1400 DTs is 1/3 cheaper than CFR on DA and 1100's, and only ~400 grams heavier...
It's the same frame geometry with a different layup / higher grade carbon. Unless money is no object it's absolutely unnecessary to spend on the CFR model. CF SLX is all you'll ever need. It's the value sweet spot.
  • Vitus Venon Evo

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com