2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MattVega

by MattVega

another update: the Aeroad CF SL 7 Disc has dissapeared :)

There might be newer models coming !

djemz

by djemz

MattVega wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:45 am
another update: the Aeroad CF SL 7 Disc has dissapeared :)

There might be newer models coming !
Thats very strange. Last week you could order it with delivery in january? Same for the CF SL8 with reynolds wheels.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wozzo

by wozzo

MattVega wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:25 am
Ok the last one is a good picture ;-) it's definitely a prototype bike tough.

It does look like the current clamping mechanism is still there, (the hole in the back of the seat tube) or are my eyes deceiving me?
I think they are, it's just a dirt there mate. The clamping screw is on the top tube, but this is what my eyes see.
Attachments
Screenshot_20221220_131647_Chrome.jpg

Cannoli

by Cannoli

wozzo wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:18 pm
MattVega wrote:

It does look like the current clamping mechanism is still there, (the hole in the back of the seat tube) or are my eyes deceiving me?
I think they are, it's just a dirt there mate. The clamping screw is on the top tube, but this is what my eyes see.
That looks very much like the new Ultimate seat mount clamp. I suspect that's part of the next evolution for the Aeroad.
Canyon Aeroad CFR Di2 | Canyon Ultimate SLX 9.0 Di2 | Trek Domane SL5 Disc (Gravel Bike / Fly-Away Road Bike) | Orbea Tera H-30 Disc (Touring Bike)

cberg

by cberg

It looks much more like a revision than a whole new bike, like a version 3.1 and not 4.0. The fork does looks weirdly skinny, like an Ultimate fork, I wonder if this is something like a lightweight or a Roubaix spec bike. The clamp in the circled area would also mean that the bike has a different seatpost, as the original one has the non-structural rear part and shouldnt be able to clamped in that area

On a site note I saw some other pretty special Canyon bikes yesterday :mrgreen:

MattVega

by MattVega

wozzo wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:18 pm
MattVega wrote:

You are right. It is dirt

wozzo

by wozzo

November release

Here are some close-ups of the new seat post insert for anyone interested, it came with a bunch of extra white paste inside the frame for the post too

[https://imgur.com/a/nsUkQqq]

[https://imgur.com/a/0FhMvBv]

moonoi

by moonoi

wozzo wrote:November release

Here are some close-ups of the new seat post insert for anyone interested, it came with a bunch of extra white paste inside the frame for the post too

What’s new about that? It’s been on all the new Aeroads since the stop ride notice was lifted. I had it on mine back in March this year, since sold it as I couldn’t put up with the squeaky seatpost, for me this fix made it worse Image wish I kept the original frame and didn’t send it back to be “fixed”

wozzo

by wozzo

moonoi wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:25 pm
wozzo wrote:November release

What’s new about that? It’s been on all the new Aeroads since the stop ride notice was lifted. I had it on mine back in March this year, since sold it as I couldn’t put up with the squeaky seatpost, for me this fix made it worse Image wish I kept the original frame and didn’t send it back to be “fixed”
Sorry, it's just wrong by me. Everyone was curious, if there was any change to that, with the new release and it looks like they are now putting more and more grease on it. Nothing more than that.

treyxt

by treyxt

Is $4,049.82 USD after shipping/duties/tax a good price for a CFR frameset?
Specialized Tarmac SL7 10r 61cm (Raw Black Carbon) / r9170 Dura-Ace Di2 11sp / Lightbicycle AR46
Cannondale SuperSlice Hi-Mod 58cm (From EF) / r8050 Ultegra Di2 11sp / AeroCoach Ascalon Carbon / AeroCoach AEOX Zephyr

Cannoli

by Cannoli

treyxt wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:14 pm
That's about what I paid for one not too long ago. I bought it out of the UK so had to pay the conversion fees too.

Where did you source a CFR frameset?
Canyon Aeroad CFR Di2 | Canyon Ultimate SLX 9.0 Di2 | Trek Domane SL5 Disc (Gravel Bike / Fly-Away Road Bike) | Orbea Tera H-30 Disc (Touring Bike)

treyxt

by treyxt

Cannoli wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:04 pm
treyxt wrote:
That's about what I paid for one not too long ago. I bought it out of the UK so had to pay the conversion fees too.

I found one in my size available overseas as well. Considering it if my SL7 frameset sells.
Specialized Tarmac SL7 10r 61cm (Raw Black Carbon) / r9170 Dura-Ace Di2 11sp / Lightbicycle AR46
Cannondale SuperSlice Hi-Mod 58cm (From EF) / r8050 Ultegra Di2 11sp / AeroCoach Ascalon Carbon / AeroCoach AEOX Zephyr

Cannoli

by Cannoli

treyxt wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:10 pm
Cannoli wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:04 pm
treyxt wrote:

I found one in my size available overseas as well. Considering it if my SL7 frameset sells.
Sent you a PM. Not sure if it went through though.

mrbrown4001

by mrbrown4001

Bumping this thread in the hopes anyone has info on a release date for the refresh of the aeroad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Cannoli

by Cannoli

mrbrown4001 wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:59 pm
Bumping this thread in the hopes anyone has info on a release date for the refresh of the aeroad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure this has eve been confirmed, let alone a known release dates.