2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BenCousins

by BenCousins

I'm about to pull the trigger on an Aeroad CFR EPS. Is there anything I should consider when ordering? (please no gripes about the bike or the customer service at Canyon) The Canyon Garmin mount, is there a better (lighter) option available?

tomtom

by tomtom

BenCousins wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:54 am
I'm about to pull the trigger on an Aeroad CFR EPS. Is there anything I should consider when ordering? (please no gripes about the bike or the customer service at Canyon) The Canyon Garmin mount, is there a better (lighter) option available?
Costumerservice in the Netherlands is (more than) great so it depends. There are plenty better en nicer (less bulky & more versatile) options. Personally I cannot find a better option than this; https://www.closethegap.cc/nl/product/raceday-fi/. Extremely light, stiff and safe (every biker should have a bell!) plus a very good costumerservice from a small & dedicated compagny :thumbup:
Canyon Aeroad CFR
Canyon Grail CF

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TomS

by TomS

rideitstereo wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:12 pm
Does someone have real life pictures of the new "dark blue" Aeroad colourway? Cheers, Flo
By chance stumbled across this video, seems relevant to you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxbPPcQgvUs

BenCousins

by BenCousins

Is this supposed to be unplugged? (Aeroad CFR EPS)
IMG_1319.jpg

man1ac

by man1ac

So when can we expect the new (updated) Aeroad?

TomS

by TomS

BenCousins wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:46 am

IMG_1319.jpg
Mine is the same ("unplugged") and it rattles sometimes...

Cannoli

by Cannoli

BenCousins wrote:

IMG_1319.jpg
Mine came with a plastic flat plug that gives it a clean look, It snaps in the middle of the hole. Depending on the water bottle cages, this may be exposed or may be hidden.
Canyon Aeroad CFR Di2 | Canyon Ultimate SLX 9.0 Di2 | Trek Domane SL5 Disc (Gravel Bike / Fly-Away Road Bike) | Orbea Tera H-30 Disc (Touring Bike)

defride

by defride

Just taken delivery of a CFR AXS with the Zipp NSW wheel option. Quick query, it shipped with one... Zipp tubeless valve among the Zipp info. Canyon are saying they don't usually ship with valves. Anyone had a CFR with Zipps and received a pair?

Weather has been poor, looks like it's set to continue that way so not had a chance to ride it.

BenCousins

by BenCousins

BenCousins wrote:

IMG_1319.jpg
Official answer from Canyon was basically
- This hole is supposed to be there
- If you don't have a bottle cage covering it then just plug it yourself with something
- You don't need to worry about water ingress as it will drain from the BB and your frame is carbon anyway...

defride

by defride

BenCousins wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:41 am
BenCousins wrote:

IMG_1319.jpg
- If you don't have a bottle cage covering it then just plug it yourself with something
- You don't need to worry about water ingress as it will drain from the BB and your frame is carbon anyway...
Hey Ben, looks like we have similar taste, also coming from a SS Hi-Mod Black, mine 2015 with Sram Red. Reckon you'll regret selling yours! The bike for long days in the hills, or maybe even just long days.

That said, the weather has been poor since I took delivery of my CFR, not ridden it yet, perhaps I'll be rethinking by the end of next week, assuming the weather forecast holds for good weather.

mrbrown4001

by mrbrown4001

Is it confirmed that canyon is going to update the new aeroad this year for the tdf? I know we’ve seen MVDP riding an updated from but I haven’t heard anything about a release of if that is even happening. Also, if anyone has any info about a 105 di2 build of the CF SLX frame coming that would be great info as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thirdsun

by thirdsun

mrbrown4001 wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:55 pm
Is it confirmed that canyon is going to update the new aeroad this year for the tdf? I know we’ve seen MVDP riding an updated from but I haven’t heard anything about a release of if that is even happening. Also, if anyone has any info about a 105 di2 build of the CF SLX frame coming that would be great info as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You won't see anything confirmed until Canyon actually releases the new version. All release dates and time frames floating around are pure speculation at this point.
  • Canyon Aeroad CF SLX 8 Di2
  • Cervelo Caledonia Rival eTap AXS
  • Vitus Venon Evo
  • Canyon Grail CF SL 8 Di2

BenCousins

by BenCousins

defride wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:42 pm
BenCousins wrote:
BenCousins wrote:

IMG_1319.jpg
Hey Ben, looks like we have similar taste, also coming from a SS Hi-Mod Black, mine 2015 with Sram Red. Reckon you'll regret selling yours! The bike for long days in the hills, or maybe even just long days.

That said, the weather has been poor since I took delivery of my CFR, not ridden it yet, perhaps I'll be rethinking by the end of next week, assuming the weather forecast holds for good weather.
Cool! I'm about to take my CFR for some long days in the mountains in two weeks (Nice: so Madone Eze etc). We'll see how it holds up. Rentals over this winter has actually taught me I prefer modern bikes for mountainous stuff, even if they are heavier.

defride

by defride

BenCousins wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:12 pm
defride wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:42 pm
BenCousins wrote:
BenCousins wrote:

IMG_1319.jpg

Cool! I'm about to take my CFR for some long days in the mountains in two weeks (Nice: so Madone Eze etc). We'll see how it holds up. Rentals over this winter has actually taught me I prefer modern bikes for mountainous stuff, even if they are heavier.
A buddy is down that way at the mo, photos look too good! Enjoy

chicagocyclist

by chicagocyclist

The current CFR di2 ships with a Rotor aldhu24 crankset instead of dura ace. Anyone have any pros/cons of this? Think I prefer full dura ace to be honest...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com