2021 Canyon Aeroad

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tomtom

by tomtom

Cannoli wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:12 pm
So they want us to send our bikes back to them to swap the drops?? That's ridiculous. Send me the parts and I'll change them out myself. I've already added custom bits and pieces to both of the CFR's I own as well as sold the old DT Swiss wheels for one of them. They need to kick their Velofix partners into overdrive for those who can't do the work themselves.
I think it will be possible to swap them yourself but they (of course) do not communicate it (yet). As long as we (I want this as well) send back the "old" pieces 👍....and get the CASH(back)!
Canyon Aeroad CFR
Canyon Grail CF

Berwil

by Berwil

Considered buying a Inflite cx late summer, but not anymore...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Cannoli

by Cannoli

Berwil wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:01 pm
Considered buying a Inflite cx late summer, but not anymore...
And I was considering buying two Grail CF SLX 8.0 Di2's. Not a frick'en chance at this point.
Canyon Aeroad CFR Di2 | Canyon Ultimate SLX 9.0 Di2 | Trek Domane SL5 Disc (Gravel Bike / Fly-Away Road Bike) | Orbea Tera H-30 Disc (Touring Bike)

Cannoli

by Cannoli

tomtom wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:00 pm
Cannoli wrote:
So they want us to send our bikes back to them to swap the drops?? That's ridiculous. Send me the parts and I'll change them out myself. I've already added custom bits and pieces to both of the CFR's I own as well as sold the old DT Swiss wheels for one of them. They need to kick their Velofix partners into overdrive for those who can't do the work themselves.
I think it will be possible to swap them yourself but they (of course) do not communicate it (yet). As long as we (I want this as well) send back the "old" pieces 👍....and get the CASH(back)!
I hope you're right. :beerchug:
Canyon Aeroad CFR Di2 | Canyon Ultimate SLX 9.0 Di2 | Trek Domane SL5 Disc (Gravel Bike / Fly-Away Road Bike) | Orbea Tera H-30 Disc (Touring Bike)

LewisHam

by LewisHam

tomtom wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:00 pm
Cannoli wrote:
This seems like wishful thinking when absolutely none of this is mentioned in the email.

smar01

by smar01

I have ordered a mid January Aeroad CF SLX AXS, which should've arrived mid April.

I need a race bike for the season. In the mail today they told me it would arrive in autumn with the seatpost (they didn't talk about the bars and the 1000€ discount, probably just counts for the people who already have one)

I don't need that bike in autumn anymore, because then it would probably go straight on the Turbo. The annoying thing is, that it's basically impossible to get a bike for the summer season, because of the terrible availability.
Will probably be looking out for a Giant Propel and cancel my order.

EsotericCyclist

by EsotericCyclist

Honestly really not excited about packing a bike back up, shipping and waiting for them to replace the drops. By the time that all gets done it's likely to be August and down 4 months of peak riding in these parts.

And I still have not received the email. Like mentioned above you'd think that in this day and age an email would be released simultaneously across all platforms. I'd like them to clarify this compensation bit.

yourrealdad

by yourrealdad

smar01 wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:29 pm
I have ordered a mid January Aeroad CF SLX AXS, which should've arrived mid April.

I need a race bike for the season. In the mail today they told me it would arrive in autumn with the seatpost (they didn't talk about the bars and the 1000€ discount, probably just counts for the people who already have one)

I don't need that bike in autumn anymore, because then it would probably go straight on the Turbo. The annoying thing is, that it's basically impossible to get a bike for the summer season, because of the terrible availability.
^This

Sorry I am out. Not as big of a spender as Cannoli, but I bought a previous Aeroad and Ultimate. Bought this Aeroad. I would buy another Ultimate right now if anyone knew wtf was going on with the credit, but no, I think they have just lost a solid customer. I will now pay premium just to NOT buy Canyon.

BMC Team Machine or Road Machine looking good right now.

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

In before lock or disappearance.

I feel sorry for each and every buyer.

spartacus

by spartacus

check6 wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:16 pm
Question: is there any indication that it will come with the same cutting edge engineering and real world testing as the Aeroad?
Not sure if serious

joaoapura

by joaoapura

joaoapura wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:12 pm
To compensate you for the downtime of not being able to ride your Aeroad CF SLX and to thank you for your loyalty and patience, we will give you a credit of 1,000 Euros (or the equivalent amount in your local currency).
Credit means it can only be used for purchases in Canyon's web shop, correct? :?

What happens if I made mods to the bike? Am I still elegible for the repair? :noidea:
Canyon answered this in the Aeroad/Ultimate/Endurance facebook group. Looks like they will be transfering the compensation straight to your bank account (or I may guess, the payment method you used).
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 21.10.03.png

joaoapura

by joaoapura

And seems like your might be able to swap the handlebars yourself -- not sure if then you'll not be eligeble for the compensation.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 21.07.55.png

Kzco

by Kzco

Did anyone continue riding it using electrical tape on the seatpost ? how does it look after a few miles ?

Cannoli

by Cannoli

yourrealdad wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:41 pm
smar01 wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:29 pm

^This

Sorry I am out. Not as big of a spender as Cannoli, but I bought a previous Aeroad and Ultimate. Bought this Aeroad. I would buy another Ultimate right now if anyone knew wtf was going on with the credit, but no, I think they have just lost a solid customer. I will now pay premium just to NOT buy Canyon.

BMC Team Machine or Road Machine looking good right now.
Hey now! My problem is my wife is also my riding partner (a good problem to have, especially if you actually like your wife, as I do :mrgreen: ) Everything I buy for cycling is always x2, which means saving longer before making a purchase. We wanted to get "proper" gravel bikes to replace our repurposed Trek Domani SL5's (great for a light duty gravel, by the way). The Grail was a clear choice, but not any longer. :(

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Cannoli

by Cannoli

US email jsut came in...

Hello XXXXXXXXX,

As promised, we'll keep you updated on your Aeroad and we are responding with this update.

As you know, our Alpecin Fenix pro Mathieu van der Poel broke part of the handlebars of his Canyon Aeroad CFR during a bike race at the beginning of March. This potential issue did not show up in any of our industry-standard intensive testing procedures according to ISO4210-5, which we always carry out before launching new products. To ensure the safety of our customers, we will replace the drop bars on the cockpit with a reinforced version.

What does that mean for you?

We will be fitting your bike with the new drop bars, which we expect will be available starting in July. We have asked you not to use your Aeroad until then. To compensate you for the downtime of not being able to ride your Aeroad CF CFR and to thank you for your loyalty and patience, we will give you a credit of 1,300 Euros (or the equivalent amount in your local currency). The payment is linked to the repair and will be made after the replacement of the drop bars has been carried out and you have received your Aeroad back from us. We will contact you in due time about the exact repair and payment procedure.

You are probably also wondering about the status of the seat post. While it is not a safety issue, it has been an inconvenience for some of you, and we expect to be able to offer you a suitable solution this Fall that will satisfy you 100%. We are sorry that we cannot give you an earlier date at the moment, but once we have replaced your cockpit, it is safe to ride the bike with the existing seatpost. It is important to us that you are back on your Aeroad as soon as possible and we are doing our best to make that happen.

If you have any questions regarding your Aeroad, please feel free to contact us via the following link https://www.canyon.com/en-us/contact/.

Best regards,

Your Canyon Team

I plan to inquire about replacing the parts myself and will report back.