The Time Bicycles Thread -- Time Frames, Bikes, & Hardware Components After Sale To Cardinal Cycling Group

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ferdi77

by Ferdi77

nikospeed wrote:I'd take the one that looks nicer. Personally I don't like the 21's seatstay / seattube junction, that's why I chose the 01.
Good news is - you can't go wrong with either choice Image
Well - the most reasonable option would be the complete bike Alpe21 with mechanical R8000.

But iam swaying more towards the Alpe01. Don’t want to make compromises, in both cases, it’s a lot of money.

Have you ridden both?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nikospeed

by nikospeed

Haven't ridden the 21 myself but from all I read, the 21 seems to ride almost similar, some say it might be a little more comfortable. But the 01 isn't harsh at all, just nicely firm. I like it a lot😀

Nezz0r

by Nezz0r

Not too worried about the seatclamp cluster, I think the 21 looks quite tidy. Also, I did not need the lower headset position that the 01 offers, so no added value there. As a trade-off you get a standard seatpost and relatively standard (for Time) bearing top cover - something I valued for my external cable, rim brake, simple bike :)

In the end there is of course the important argument for the 21 was that I could not justify the added cost for a 01. Since financials are different to all of us it is not really a debatable item. Money no object I would've chosen an 01 (cooler paintjobs, more lightweight street cred and the simple fact that it is the top model), but yeah, I'd found such a good deal for the 21 ('deal' as in buying an extra frame is never a good financial deal :') )

In general I recommend buying what you truly want (so long as you are not putting yourself in an awkward financial position) because it will make you the happiest and prevent the 'what if' scenario. Afterwards please share the pictures ;)

Ferdi77

by Ferdi77

Nezz0r wrote:Not too worried about the seatclamp cluster, I think the 21 looks quite tidy. Also, I did not need the lower headset position that the 01 offers, so no added value there. As a trade-off you get a standard seatpost and relatively standard (for Time) bearing top cover - something I valued for my external cable, rim brake, simple bike :)

In the end there is of course the important argument for the 21 was that I could not justify the added cost for a 01. Since financials are different to all of us it is not really a debatable item. Money no object I would've chosen an 01 (cooler paintjobs, more lightweight street cred and the simple fact that it is the top model), but yeah, I'd found such a good deal for the 21 ('deal' as in buying an extra frame is never a good financial deal :') )

In general I recommend buying what you truly want (so long as you are not putting yourself in an awkward financial position) because it will make you the happiest and prevent the 'what if' scenario. Afterwards please share the pictures ;)
What’s the ride feel with the 21? Do yo miss stiffness? What did you pay for your frameset?
The price difference is horrendous:2500 for the 21 frameset vs almost 4k for the 01…

Found a 21 with complete Ultegra rim brake (but aksium wheels -.-) for 3100.

steveadore

by steveadore

Where did you find the 21 for 3100 (Ultegra) and 2500 (frame)? Do they have all colors and sizes?

Nezz0r

by Nezz0r

@Ferdi77, no I do not miss stiffness. It is a really pleasant bike to ride. It is plenty racy (and stiff-feeling) and I feel very comfortable on it carving corners (weight nicely balanced on bike, feels precise and I get good feedback from tires).

No way to quantify or qualify this though. My Focus frame, which I've retired, had the identical components mounted on it (Focus Izalco Race Milram Team edition w/ the stiffer 3T funda pro fork) and was definitely less forgiving (more muscle fatigue, more vibration perceived). Time feels just as fast though and handles at least equally sharp.

I ride in general on nice roads/bike paths (the Netherlands) and I'm ~ 67k @1.81m tall

The difference in price you mention for 21 v 01 is like all contact points and a set of nice wheels. Imo not worth it but that is a financial decisions and money is different for each of us.

Ferdi77

by Ferdi77

Nezz0r wrote:@Ferdi77, no I do not miss stiffness. It is a really pleasant bike to ride. It is plenty racy (and stiff-feeling) and I feel very comfortable on it carving corners (weight nicely balanced on bike, feels precise and I get good feedback from tires).

No way to quantify or qualify this though. My Focus frame, which I've retired, had the identical components mounted on it (Focus Izalco Race Milram Team edition w/ the stiffer 3T funda pro fork) and was definitely less forgiving (more muscle fatigue, more vibration perceived). Time feels just as fast though and handles at least equally sharp.

I ride in general on nice roads/bike paths (the Netherlands) and I'm ~ 67k @1.81m tall

The difference in price you mention for 21 v 01 is like all contact points and a set of nice wheels. Imo not worth it but that is a financial decisions and money is different for each of us.
Thank you for answer. I found a Time adh01 frame discounted at my LBS (because no one wants it) for 2500 Euro - I’m still thinking about getting a 21 (same price) instead because of the 27.2 seatpost vs the proprietary one.

Do you ride a medium frame?

Kumppa

by Kumppa

Ferdi77 wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:22 pm
Thank you for answer. I found a Time adh01 frame discounted at my LBS (because no one wants it) for 2500 Euro - I’m still thinking about getting a 21 (same price) instead because of the 27.2 seatpost vs the proprietary one.
No problem with 01 seatpost. It's nicely made but tightening needs a little bit extra work like any of this type of post. Mine was 166 g

If a straight seatpost fits you and colour is good I would really consider getting 01 for 2500 €. Haven't seen 21 in real life.

Is 21 frameset including any seatpost? 01 seatpost is easily worth of 200 €.

Nezz0r

by Nezz0r

I ride a medium indeed. No seatpost with frame - but I also see the 27.2 post as an advantage. €2500 for an 01 frame is not a bad deal, if a 21 is the same price it would have to be a significantly better colorway or I'd choose the 01.

Mine, second hand but unused frame (with all small parts included), was something like €1750 including a nice BB.

JasonFly

by JasonFly

Solo77 wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:20 pm
Will have updates in the next month on whats due to be releasing. They are finalising finishes along with all the stuff involved with tooling etc for production.
Do you know when Time will update their website and publish some info on the new models?

I am checking every day, but still nothing... Not on their website, nor elsewhere :noidea:

RDY

by RDY

I'd be surprised if we see anything this year. Or before Spring next year.

odonnebj

by odonnebj

Prepare to be surprised soon!

Aress

by Aress

odonnebj wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:31 pm
My savings account is not ready :lol:

EvilEuro

by EvilEuro

MDecius

by MDecius

Aress wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:44 pm
odonnebj wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:31 pm
My savings account is not ready :lol:
Mine is. Hoping to see if the new one is interesting or not. 8)
Road - Time Alpe d'Huez 01 rim
All-road - Diverge Elite DSW '16 disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com