The Time Bicycles Thread -- Time Frames, Bikes, & Hardware Components After Sale To Cardinal Cycling Group

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ArthurOgus

by ArthurOgus

I should add that, although the bike is a bit heavier than I had hoped, it is drop dead gorgeous and a joy to ride. It handles beautifully, rides like silk, climbs elegantly, and is very fast and stable on descents. (I can often coast past people on fancy bikes with Zipp wheels). I've managed to get several PR's on both climbs and descents since I bought it.

pkaro

by pkaro

inertianinja wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 4:04 pm
odonnebj wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 1:36 pm
pkaro wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 9:18 am
I'm the proud owner of a Time AD'H and have been looking for a TIME ULTEAM CARBON MONOLINK STEM to complete the look. However it's very difficult to find for anything other than selected sizes and outrageous prices. Any tips? I'm also thinking of just going with an integrated cockpit like the integrated aero barstem from Blackinc.
What stem size are you trying to find?

If you want the cleanest integrated cockpit then go with the Deda Alanera since it's designed with the Deda headset in mind. I'm not sure how the Black Inc would look or transition into the headset apart from being external until it goes into the S-DCR headset.
The Blackinc "Aero" barstem has a cable exit on the bottom of the stem, so that should work.

The original Blackinc barstem doesn't have that exit, so the cables would be external from the middle of the bars, which would not look right.
You're absolutely right, and that's a reason why the Blackinc is also my current favourite (though it's pricey and Blackinc doesn't ship to my country...)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pkaro

by pkaro

odonnebj wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 1:36 pm
pkaro wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 9:18 am
I'm the proud owner of a Time AD'H and have been looking for a TIME ULTEAM CARBON MONOLINK STEM to complete the look. However it's very difficult to find for anything other than selected sizes and outrageous prices. Any tips? I'm also thinking of just going with an integrated cockpit like the integrated aero barstem from Blackinc.
What stem size are you trying to find?

If you want the cleanest integrated cockpit then go with the Deda Alanera since it's designed with the Deda headset in mind. I'm not sure how the Black Inc would look or transition into the headset apart from being external until it goes into the S-DCR headset.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm really looking for something narrow (36 wide, 100/110 length). I also have the frame without integrated cables through the headset, so a barstem combo in which the cables exit underneath the stem would be ideal.

jlidds

by jlidds

Hi all,

I thought I'd indulge a bit and capture my build in this forum and share some information with other Time fans.

I've owned a Time AdH 01 rim brake and decided that AdH 23 is a good choice for the next one. I really wanted a AdH01 disc model but they're hard to find now. I’ll find one at some point.

Initially, I felt like the new red didn’t look as nice as the red on the older model, but I’ve concluded that I like them both. This reminds me a bit of a candy apple red Mustang.

Specs for my build:

Frame set: Time AdH 23 size S (I am 178.5cm, long inseam)
Seat post: TBC*
Saddle: Selle Repente Quasar CR
Bottom bracket: CeramicSpeed
Barstem: EXS Aerover integrated compact 400 x 110 with matching Garmin mount
Group set: Shimano Dura Ace 9270. 11-30 cassette, 52-36 chain rings, CeramicSpeed OSPW
Power meter: Rotor Aldhu crank arms 172.5mm with Power2Max NG spider
Wheels: Campagnolo Hyperon Ultra 2 way fit
Tyres: Vittoria Corsa N.EXT Tubeless TLR 28mm
Cages: Arundel Mandibel 3K gloss
Tape: Lizard Skins DSP 2.5
Pedals: Shimano Dura Ace

Preliminary build notes
*Roval Alpinist for now but I’ll decide on spec, style, setback etc once I get the fit dialled in. I like the idea of a 3K gloss or matte. It depends if you want to match he frame or the cockpit.

The current wheel setup shown is temporary. Industry Nine i9 45 with Pirelli P-Zero 28mm. These will be swapped out when the Campagnolo wheels arrive.
I wanted to ensure the 21mm internal diameter of the Campagnolo was replicated with the 21mm ID on the i9 45 wheels, just to double check clearance. As you’ll see there’s plenty of clearance. The clearance issue was almost a showstopper but I’m glad I didn’t overthink it. I have no need to run anything more than 28mm on the roads in Sydney, Australia. If I’m running 30mm I’ll ride a different bike. Simple.

The EXS barstem is a bit of an unintended win. It integrates the hydro hoses perfectly and looks quite neat. I didn’t like the Deda system so much and this a good outcome. The overhanging spacers will be shaved back for neater fit, until I get around to the 3D printing exercise.

Watch this space for more images of the full build.
Attachments
IMG_E0769[1].JPG
IMG_E0771[1].JPG
IMG_E0774[1].JPG
IMG_E0775[1].JPG
IMG_0773[1].JPG
IMG_E0777[1].JPG
IMG_0768[1].JPG
Tarmac S-Works SL6
Tarmac S-Works SL7
Tarmac S-Works SL8
Venge S-Works
Look 695
Look 795 Blade RS
Aurum Magma
Time Alpe d'Huez 23
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Lab71 (for sale)

SuecoGuatemalteco

by SuecoGuatemalteco

wheelsONfire wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 11:17 am
SuecoGuatemalteco wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 11:43 pm
inertianinja wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 10:32 pm
polpy wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 10:20 pm

We are here at weight weenies, what should we complain about, if not weight? :)

7kg is ok, but as i wanted to point out, with the same components, but my cervelo r5 disc frameset, the bike would be at around 6,5kg, which is a huge difference in the weight weenie world.

But IF the Time could run 30mm tires, i would propably buy the frame and switch my parts over from the Cervelo.
I went through this thought process before ordering the Time. The R5 and Aethos are both $5,500 for the frameset. The ADH Disc is $3,800 for a (claimed, to me, by Time) ~520g weight penalty. Between the lower price, better looks, and overall more interesting nature of the bike, I decided I would go with the ADH.

However if they ever get around to shipping the bike to me and it ends up being MUCH heavier than claimed, that might change.
I can confirm that a size S in pink comes in at 1600 grams+.
That is frame, fork, headset and rear derailleur hanger. I just weighed it as it came.
I spoke to wrenchscience who build bikes with Time frames and they told me that Time said the frame weighed 1,96 lb (890 grams). That's not close to real life weights.

I still like it and might build it up but will look for an replacement almost immediately, hopefully a Yonex. This is just way to heavy for what I was looking for :cry:
Honestly, if you feel that way you would be better off sending it back. Obviously the weight of this Time frame is something that will disturb you.
Get something else, maybe Lab71 (yeah i noted the 1250 Euro +). I don't know your financial background, but for me finances had been a big issue.
If not, go for what you would be satisfied with. This is what i would say if we were buddies hanging out. I know when something just sticks to your head.
Thanks for your input. The thing is that there are no real options that really excites me. I decided to stick with the Time and if I don't like it there is always an option to change it in the future :thumbup:
2023 Time Alpe d'Huez 2023
2020 Bianchi Oltre XR4 *Sold
2018 Giant Propel Pro Advanced
2017 Bianchi Intrepida *Sold
2016 Verenti Technique *Sold

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

^^
I guess Time will have a ride feel that is plusher than many others?
Atleast that is what i have read about them, but i have no experience.
Ride feel is a big deal i must say. I would love to have one, but i would pick the raw carbon version.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

robbosmans

by robbosmans

jlidds wrote:Hi all,

I thought I'd indulge a bit and capture my build in this forum and share some information with other Time fans.

I've owned a Time AdH 01 rim brake and decided that AdH 23 is a good choice for the next one. I really wanted a AdH01 disc model but they're hard to find now. I’ll find one at some point.

Initially, I felt like the new red didn’t look as nice as the red on the older model, but I’ve concluded that I like them both. This reminds me a bit of a candy apple red Mustang.

Specs for my build:

Group set: Shimano Dura Ace 9270. 11-30 cassette, 52-36 chain rings, CeramicSpeed OSPW

Preliminary build notes
*Roval Alpinist for now but I’ll decide on spec, style, setback etc once I get the fit dialled in. I like the idea of a 3K gloss or matte. It depends if you want to match he frame or the cockpit.

The current wheel setup shown is temporary. Industry Nine i9 45 with Pirelli P-Zero 28mm. These will be swapped out when the Campagnolo wheels arrive.
I wanted to ensure the 21mm internal diameter of the Campagnolo was replicated with the 21mm ID on the i9 45 wheels, just to double check clearance. As you’ll see there’s plenty of clearance. The clearance issue was almost a showstopper but I’m glad I didn’t overthink it. I have no need to run anything more than 28mm on the roads in Sydney, Australia. If I’m running 30mm I’ll ride a different bike. Simple.

The EXS barstem is a bit of an unintended win. It integrates the hydro hoses perfectly and looks quite neat. I didn’t like the Deda system so much and this a good outcome. The overhanging spacers will be shaved back for neater fit, until I get around to the 3D printing exercise.

You also have the wrong spacer for full integrated cables. You currently have the S-DCR headset cap, you need the normal DCR topcap, then you won’t have those overhanging spacers

steveadore

by steveadore

A quick question for those of you who have used the ADH01 or ADH21 rim brake models with mechanical shifting: Is it possible to replace shifter (gear) cables without removing the bottom bracket? Or is that necessary in order to access the plastic cable guide there? Or do the white liner sheaths installed in the frame meant to enable the replacement of cables without having to remove the crankset and the BB (if one uses a one piece or thread together BB)?

mathemagician

by mathemagician

steveadore wrote:A quick question for those of you who have used the ADH01 or ADH21 rim brake models with mechanical shifting: Is it possible to replace shifter (gear) cables without removing the bottom bracket? Or is that necessary in order to access the plastic cable guide there? Or do the white liner sheaths installed in the frame meant to enable the replacement of cables without having to remove the crankset and the BB (if one uses a one piece or thread together BB)?
I was wondering this myself as I left the cable guides in when I installed gear cables (disc brake 21 but mechanical gears so the principle is the same. Shifting seems fine... occasionally a little hesitant downshifting (into smaller cogs/harder gears) when down in the 11T/12T/13T, but generally fine so I've left the cable guides in.

Sent from my CPH2207 using Tapatalk

steveadore

by steveadore

mathemagician wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 9:51 pm
steveadore wrote:A quick question for those of you who have used the ADH01 or ADH21 rim brake models with mechanical shifting: Is it possible to replace shifter (gear) cables without removing the bottom bracket? Or is that necessary in order to access the plastic cable guide there? Or do the white liner sheaths installed in the frame meant to enable the replacement of cables without having to remove the crankset and the BB (if one uses a one piece or thread together BB)?
I was wondering this myself as I left the cable guides in when I installed gear cables (disc brake 21 but mechanical gears so the principle is the same. Shifting seems fine... occasionally a little hesitant downshifting (into smaller cogs/harder gears) when down in the 11T/12T/13T, but generally fine so I've left the cable guides in.

Those are meant to be left in, right? But then, they might need to be replace at some point too

mathemagician

by mathemagician

steveadore wrote:
mathemagician wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 9:51 pm

Those are meant to be left in, right? But then, they might need to be replace at some point too
Yea, I assumed they were supposed to be left in. Replacing cables has been easy- just a case of feeding them through the guides. I think I removed the exit port on the chainstay one time to get the cable out the other end but still a simple enough job.

Nezz0r

by Nezz0r

steveadore wrote:
Sat May 13, 2023 9:31 pm
A quick question for those of you who have used the ADH01 or ADH21 rim brake models with mechanical shifting: Is it possible to replace shifter (gear) cables without removing the bottom bracket?
<Truncated for readability >
My frame was used with Etap previously. I removed the sleeve between BB cups and installed the cable guide. I placed liner sections under the cable guide so I can recable when the crank is out (and without touching cable guide - the install was a bit finicky). One could consider using full length liner (did not have it around, did not want to wait and I think it is not needed - not swapping cables yearly).

Edit: clarification my frame had no liners when I got it and the manual was inconclusive. Other bikes I own/have owned ran perfect without full liners though they can make life a bit easier from time to time.

Cannoli

by Cannoli

jlidds wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 12:24 pm
Hi all,

Specs for my build:

Preliminary build notes

That's a gorgeous bike and the perfect color! What's the weight on the frameset? I didn't see it on the Time website.
Canyon Aeroad CFR Di2 | Canyon Ultimate SLX 9.0 Di2 | Trek Domane SL5 Disc (Gravel Bike / Fly-Away Road Bike) | Orbea Tera H-30 Disc (Touring Bike)

polpy

by polpy

Placed the order for a pink frameset in size medium today. 3650€ from a shop in Germany.

I will use my DA 12s groupset together with a darimo seatpost. Not sure about stem/bars. Thinking about the Deda Alenara(??) But seems to be hard to get in 40-110. 6,5-6,8kg should be possible with pedals included.

simbikotic

by simbikotic

Another data point on Time frameset weights vs claims. My ADH 01 rim frame arrived recently: Build thread: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=172673

More details in the main thread but the headline news is:
Frame Size S: 955g - with as much hardware removed as possible (but not all, some bits were hard)
Fork: 368g
Seatpost: 153g

The claimed weight for ADH 01 is <900g. I assume that's the weight of the carbon part, so given that I could not get all hardware off that seems about consistent with the claim. The total weight of the hardware I was able to remove is 155g, for reference.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com