The Time Bicycles Thread -- Time Frames, Bikes, & Hardware Components After Sale To Cardinal Cycling Group

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Frimez

by Frimez

SaladhOlivier wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:17 am
Avian Canary
Do you need the Deda superbox top cover and spacers to have this setup?

Nezz0r

by Nezz0r

To each his own. For me, I know it is only one sample, there have been no negatives so far (6y, 8000 km, 4 season riding).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SaladhOlivier

by SaladhOlivier

Frimez wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:04 pm
SaladhOlivier wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:17 am
Avian Canary
Do you need the Deda superbox top cover and spacers to have this setup?
The top cover is what arrived with the bar. One of superbox spacers was used to achieve a required stack. Actually, the mecanic cut the spacer in half, because where wasn't any 0.5cm spacer availible, and then sanded it down for a perfect match. All other spacers are what came with the handlebar.

sakattack

by sakattack

This bike may not be the lightest or the fastest aero optimized one but puts me a big smile with every pedal stroke.I love it!
Attachments
time_1.jpg
time_2.jpg

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

sakattack wrote:This bike may not be the lightest or the fastest aero optimized one but puts me a big smile with every pedal stroke.I love it!
Very handsome build. The reaction you get from riding it is the most important part of riding imo. Chapeau
Never cheer before you know who is winning

sakattack

by sakattack

wheelbuilder wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 6:49 am
sakattack wrote:This bike may not be the lightest or the fastest aero optimized one but puts me a big smile with every pedal stroke.I love it!
Very handsome build. The reaction you get from riding it is the most important part of riding imo. Chapeau
Thank you!This is exactly what i'm talking about,it makes you get off the couch and ride!

mxsc

by mxsc

New ADHX colours: https://www.timebicycles.com/products/a ... x-frameset

Seems like the scylon is gone too and the ADHX is moved to the road category.

dvdrl

by dvdrl

mxsc wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 6:19 am
New ADHX colours: https://www.timebicycles.com/products/a ... x-frameset
Wow, these look fab!

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Didn't realize they were still producing a rim frame. Chapeau!
Never cheer before you know who is winning

MDecius

by MDecius

Hi folks,
My ADH has developed a clicking sound on every pedal revolution for about 2 weeks. It is intermittent, but when it occurs, it is always when the right crankarm is going from about 11-2 o'clock. Generally I find it is worse when riding on the flat and better when climbing.

I have checked, disassembled, and regreased all the usual things: seatpost, seat rails, pedals, chainring bolts, even stem bolts and QR/frame contacts. Today I finally bit the bullet, and took out the crankset to see if I could find any problems with the bottom bracket. On the stand with the chain removed, it spun quite freely, but I was determined to fix this noise so I popped it off anyway. It turns out that the inner sleeve of the Rotor 46/24 bottom bracket I am using seems to be freely moving around inside the BB shell, even though the cups seem quite solid and I could not detect any play in them. This video shows the movement: https://youtube.com/shorts/CQeRGpTR3XQ?feature=share

Do you think this is a normal kind of play in that interior BB sleeve? I searched around a bit for schematics of the Rotor BB but couldn't find any. It seems strange to me that this kind of movement would be allowed by design, because I could definitely see riding over some hard cobbles causing it to jump around and impact/wear the axle.

If this is a fault, how could it have happened? The BB was installed by a local "high-end" shop when I received my ADH frameset last summer - I built up everything else than that myself.
Road - Time Alpe d'Huez 01 rim
All-road - Diverge Elite DSW '16 disc

velomane

by velomane

Whenever I develop a click as you described, I remove the wheels and clean the dropouts, skewers- pretty much any point of contact between the bike and the wheels. This works nearly 100% of the time for me. Of course, I only figured this out after mostly disassembling the bike in question a few times over the years.

simbikotic

by simbikotic

MDecius wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:23 pm
Hi folks,
My ADH has developed a clicking sound on every pedal revolution for about 2 weeks. It is intermittent, but when it occurs, it is always when the right crankarm is going from about 11-2 o'clock. Generally I find it is worse when riding on the flat and better when climbing.

I have checked, disassembled, and regreased all the usual things: seatpost, seat rails, pedals, chainring bolts, even stem bolts and QR/frame contacts. Today I finally bit the bullet, and took out the crankset to see if I could find any problems with the bottom bracket. On the stand with the chain removed, it spun quite freely, but I was determined to fix this noise so I popped it off anyway. It turns out that the inner sleeve of the Rotor 46/24 bottom bracket I am using seems to be freely moving around inside the BB shell, even though the cups seem quite solid and I could not detect any play in them. This video shows the movement: https://youtube.com/shorts/CQeRGpTR3XQ?feature=share

Do you think this is a normal kind of play in that interior BB sleeve? I searched around a bit for schematics of the Rotor BB but couldn't find any. It seems strange to me that this kind of movement would be allowed by design, because I could definitely see riding over some hard cobbles causing it to jump around and impact/wear the axle.

If this is a fault, how could it have happened? The BB was installed by a local "high-end" shop when I received my ADH frameset last summer - I built up everything else than that myself.
That doesn't look right. I'm not an expert in rotor bbs but I thought they came with a plastic sleeve with o-rings at either end. Designed to fit very snugly in the cups when they're pressed in.

Are there markings on the sleeve indicating it's a rotor part? Wondering if it was bodged with something else...

steveadore

by steveadore

MDecius wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:23 pm
Hi folks,

I vaguely remember (not 100% sure) Paul mentioning in a Mapdec youtube video on BBs that the connecting sleeve is just about long enough, but needs to be carefully manipulated in place when fitting the Rotor BB into a Time frame (it was a response to a comment under the video iirc).

MiddMan

by MiddMan

This looks amazing! Is it a size L or XL?

Beautiful and balanced look. How do you find the handling with a shorter effective top tube compared to other frames with a longer top tubes? Curious about descending especially.
sakattack wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 8:51 pm
This bike may not be the lightest or the fastest aero optimized one but puts me a big smile with every pedal stroke.I love it!

by 208

What seatposts are y'all using in your ADHXs?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com