The Time Bicycles Thread -- Time Frames, Bikes, & Hardware Components After Sale To Cardinal Cycling Group

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

by 208

SaladhOlivier wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:02 am
My partner does due to a better geometry bike fit wise.
Oh awesome. Has your partner given any feedback regarding the vibe? How is it on road? Does it ride big or cumbersome? Feel overly heavy? Just have some concerns from that perspective.

Thinking of picking one up and running it as my road bike.

I had an order in for an adh but ended up cancelling it due to the tyre width limitation.

SaladhOlivier

by SaladhOlivier

She isn't an avid cyclist and for her ADHX was a big leap from an old entry level Scultura 200. She is happy with the bike and is especially happy with riding on wider tyres (30c) - much more comfortable than it was on 23c.

I rode her bike once, it was a short ride without any hills though, and compared to my ADH 23 it felt more upright, but surprisingly quite enjoyable. On flats I didn't notice any issues due to weight or lack of acceleration, to be fair her bike is set up with shallow relatively light carbon wheels and that could contribute to that feeling. Also, I didn't notice any handling problem in tight corners or in quick changing of directions.

Looking back, I'd probably also go ADHX mostly because of the tyre clearance. On my ADH I have 28c that blow up to 30c on a wheels with 23/24IW, and the clearance to chain stays is like 2.5mm, safe but on the limit.
I rode my ADH on very rough roads in Turkey and always wished about having wider tires. In Tenerife I had no complaints whatsoever though :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

by 208

SaladhOlivier wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:02 am
She isn't an avid cyclist and for her ADHX was a big leap from an old entry level Scultura 200. She is happy with the bike and is especially happy with riding on wider tyres (30c) - much more comfortable than it was on 23c.

I rode her bike once, it was a short ride without any hills though, and compared to my ADH 23 it felt more upright, but surprisingly quite enjoyable. On flats I didn't notice any issues due to weight or lack of acceleration, to be fair her bike is set up with shallow relatively light carbon wheels and that could contribute to that feeling. Also, I didn't notice any handling problem in tight corners or in quick changing of directions.

Looking back, I'd probably also go ADHX mostly because of the tyre clearance. On my ADH I have 28c that blow up to 30c on a wheels with 23/24IW, and the clearance to chain stays is like 2.5mm, safe but on the limit.
I rode my ADH on very rough roads in Turkey and always wished about having wider tires. In Tenerife I had no complaints whatsoever though :)
Awesome mate thanks a lot for the details!

Ypuh

by Ypuh

208 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:21 am
Anyone here ride an adhx exclusively on road?
I do, yes. Position wise they're dialed in exactly the same as my aerobike (see signature for photos). The ADHX is spec'ed with 30mm road tyres on a 32mm ext. rim and the Cervelo with 25mm tyres on 26mm ext. rim.

They do feel quite different, but in the grand scheme I might sell the Cervelo at some point with the Time ADHX being my primary road bike. However, I also grew attached to my S3 and like to switch it up or use it as a backup (I'm still team-rimbrake).

I'm using hyperbolics here to make my point:
- The ADHX does feel a bit slower on the fast group-rides, likely due to the heavier tyres/wheels and discs. All is well until 35 kph or so, but above that it feels like working against nature a bit too much. This isn't a problem for 95%+ of my riding.
- The ADHX feels more planted. It's such a sturdy but comfortable frame, whilst the Cervelo isn't bad either. I really do believe the RTM production process has a positive influence on this. I've had some sketchy moments with the Cervelo in the past, mainly while decending
- The Cervelo feels much more lively to ride. This has pro's and cons, but generally it's a bit more enticing to ride. It feels like driving a sportscar vs. a Mercedes. For this reason alone I might just keep it
- Both are sturdy carbon frames; i.e. in a sprint they won't give an inch. The Cervelo S3 (probably due to still being a rim brake first frame) is -for an aerobike- still quite comfortable on smooth roads. The ADHX simply extends that comfort to a wider range, but I assume this is solely due to the wider tyres

In short I'm not sure if you can boil it all down to just the additional weight (about 1.5kg difference, of which a large part around the wheels) or the slightly longer wheelbase (999 vs 1024mm). The ADHX does what it promotes; offer a comfortable ride feel and inspiring trust as a do-it-all bike. I wouldn't go as far as calling it sluggish, but it wouldn't be the bike I bring during a crit race either. On a decent I would happily take the ADHX over the Cervelo as it inspires more confidence. My general riding is 80-150km touring rides at 30-32kph speeds. I generally prefer to flow through corners which suits the ADHX well, opposite to the racing style dive-bomb where you brake late and hard, flick the corner and then accelerate again, which would suit the Cervelo much better. The difference in feel is pretty evident.

I also own a steel bike which I use for winter and gravel riding. Generally the Time ADHX feels more like that, than my Cervelo.
Cervelo S3 - 7.3kg
Time ADHX - 8.7kg

by 208

Ypuh wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:20 pm
I do, yes. Position wise they're dialed in exactly the same as my aerobike (see signature for photos). The ADHX is spec'ed with 30mm road tyres on a 32mm ext. rim and the Cervelo with 25mm tyres on 26mm ext. rim.

They do feel quite different, but in the grand scheme I might sell the Cervelo at some point with the Time ADHX being my primary road bike. However, I also grew attached to my S3 and like to switch it up or use it as a backup (I'm still team-rimbrake).

I'm using hyperbolics here to make my point:
- The ADHX does feel a bit slower on the fast group-rides, likely due to the heavier tyres/wheels and discs. All is well until 35 kph or so, but above that it feels like working against nature a bit too much. This isn't a problem for 95%+ of my riding.
- The ADHX feels more planted. It's such a sturdy but comfortable frame, whilst the Cervelo isn't bad either. I really do believe the RTM production process has a positive influence on this. I've had some sketchy moments with the Cervelo in the past, mainly while decending
- The Cervelo feels much more lively to ride. This has pro's and cons, but generally it's a bit more enticing to ride. It feels like driving a sportscar vs. a Mercedes. For this reason alone I might just keep it
- Both are sturdy carbon frames; i.e. in a sprint they won't give an inch. The Cervelo S3 (probably due to still being a rim brake first frame) is -for an aerobike- still quite comfortable on smooth roads. The ADHX simply extends that comfort to a wider range, but I assume this is solely due to the wider tyres

In short I'm not sure if you can boil it all down to just the additional weight (about 1.5kg difference, of which a large part around the wheels) or the slightly longer wheelbase (999 vs 1024mm). The ADHX does what it promotes; offer a comfortable ride feel and inspiring trust as a do-it-all bike. I wouldn't go as far as calling it sluggish, but it wouldn't be the bike I bring during a crit race either. On a decent I would happily take the ADHX over the Cervelo as it inspires more confidence. My general riding is 80-150km touring rides at 30-32kph speeds. I generally prefer to flow through corners which suits the ADHX well, opposite to the racing style dive-bomb where you brake late and hard, flick the corner and then accelerate again, which would suit the Cervelo much better. The difference in feel is pretty evident.

I also own a steel bike which I use for winter and gravel riding. Generally the Time ADHX feels more like that, than my Cervelo.
Hey mate, thanks a lot for the detailed reply. Appreciate that. I can relate exactly to how you've described everything, that was great. Thanks. :beerchug:

What size is your ADHX? I'm 190cm tall so thinking I'll go XL. Is yours XL?

Ypuh

by Ypuh

I'm 186 with long legs (like 93cm inseam), so went with the XL. The larger frame allows me to ride it almost slammed and with a normal amount of seatpost exposed.

XL being the largest frame Time offers is 'only' a 58cm frame, but you should be good with 190.
Cervelo S3 - 7.3kg
Time ADHX - 8.7kg

polpy

by polpy

Ypuh wrote:I'm 186 with long legs (like 93cm inseam), so went with the XL. The larger frame allows me to ride it almost slammed and with a normal amount of seatpost exposed.

XL being the largest frame Time offers is 'only' a 58cm frame, but you should be good with 190.
And here i am with a size M AdH at 186 with 89cm inseam.
Just shows how every body is different :)

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Ypuh

by Ypuh

polpy wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:34 pm
And here i am with a size M AdH at 186 with 89cm inseam.
Just shows how every body is different :)

Depends on your flexibility, but that 4cm difference in inseam is 2 frame sizes down by itself. If you have the flexibility to also sit 4cm lower at the front (which for sure I don't, my flexibility is what Fizik calls a 'bull'), then a Medium is all fine.

I've always been in between sizes, with clothing and also bike frames. I generally pick the larger size so there's less seatpost/steerer tube exposed. If I was a Chameleon, I would've probably ended up with something other than an ADHX.
Cervelo S3 - 7.3kg
Time ADHX - 8.7kg

polpy

by polpy

Yeah, you are absolutely right. I am more on the snake side but have shorter arms.

velov

by velov

Does anyone have news on when Time will release stems, handlebars again?

polpy

by polpy

velov wrote:Does anyone have news on when Time will release stems, handlebars again?
Last time i asked (summer 23) they said "never" because they partnered with Deda.

velov

by velov

That's a shame, Time frames deserve better components than what Deda makes.

polpy

by polpy

velov wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:24 am
That's a shame, Time frames deserve better components than what Deda makes.
yeah, i dont think that the Deda stuff is bad, there are certainly worse brands to partner with, buth with the beautiful RTM frames that Time makes, its a shame that we dont get fitting bars, stems or maybe even a one piece RTM combo.

They could even go as far as Factor and just supply a fitting bar stem and seatpost with the frameset.

dvdrl

by dvdrl

The only thing deda specific is the use of DCR. Pretty sure it's easy enough to fit other stems or barstem combos.

I am glad I could choose my own seatpost because I don't tolerate setback. Time was a great proposition because I don't pay for stuff that doesn't fit me.
Got a Deda Superleggero. Looks good and is fairly light.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

polpy

by polpy

dvdrl wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:01 pm
The only thing deda specific is the use of DCR. Pretty sure it's easy enough to fit other stems or barstem combos.

I am glad I could choose my own seatpost because I don't tolerate setback. Time was a great proposition because I don't pay for stuff that doesn't fit me.
Got a Deda Superleggero. Looks good and is fairly light.
I ordered a Avian Falcon II with matching spacer/adapter. I will post some pictures when it arrived.