The Time Bicycles Thread -- Time Frames, Bikes, & Hardware Components After Sale To Cardinal Cycling Group

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jlidds

by jlidds

mrlobber wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:43 pm
I've been in contact with Time recently, and they say (and even sent a pic) Deda have come out with a new Superbox stem which basically enables "slammed" setup without the previous additional spacer, which mandated several mm of additional stack increase.
As long as you have that stem, you could use any bars provided they have a hole in the middle and full internal routing.

ACR handlebars also should work.
Awesome! Thanks for the intel. I'm looking at options to maximise integration but not compromising the intent of the system. This looks good. The standard DCR setup is quity porky for a stem (175g from what I can see).
Tarmac S-Works SL6
Tarmac S-Works SL7
Tarmac S-Works SL8
Venge S-Works
Look 695
Look 795 Blade RS
Aurum Magma
Time Alpe d'Huez 23
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Lab71 (for sale)

simbikotic

by simbikotic

Can anyone with an ADH 01 tell me the length of the seatpost? That is, the maximum you can have out before hitting the "min insert" line?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

odonnebj

by odonnebj

simbikotic wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:51 am
Can anyone with an ADH 01 tell me the length of the seatpost? That is, the maximum you can have out before hitting the "min insert" line?
Per the user manual: Axis of the seat rail at the max extension mark: 245 mm

simbikotic

by simbikotic

odonnebj wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:15 pm
simbikotic wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:51 am
Per the user manual: Axis of the seat rail at the max extension mark: 245 mm
Perfect. Thanks so much for your help!

Buzaow

by Buzaow

I have a Alpe D'Huez 01 from 2018. Would it be possibel to integrate the routing by using the Deda superbox?

mathemagician

by mathemagician

Buzaow wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:31 am
I have a Alpe D'Huez 01 from 2018. Would it be possibel to integrate the routing by using the Deda superbox?
At the bare minimum you'd have to change the fork...beyond that, I don't know if the top headset bearing OD is the same size on the Deda system. I'd be vaguely interested in doing this to my 2022 ADH21, but the fact that it would mean an aftermarket fork (no idea how I'd be able to get hold of a Time fork) just makes it too expensive a modification.

JasonFly

by JasonFly

According to french site Matos Velo Time has now switched to a "direct sale" distribution model.

I checked their website and it is possible to buy frames, but not assembled bikes (I am in the EU).

Do not know what to think, could be a good news given the lack of dealers, but not at the current pricing point.
In theory by getting rid of dealers/distributors one could hope that the prices go down a bit...

By the way, ADH01 is still available, but a more expensive price than ADH23.
ADH21 is not available, it appears to be replaced by the 23 model.

In other words, they updated the lesser model and increased its pricing (by much).

RDY

by RDY

JasonFly wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:10 pm
According to french site Matos Velo Time has now switched to a "direct sale" distribution model.

I checked their website and it is possible to buy frames, but not assembled bikes (I am in the EU).

Do not know what to think, could be a good news given the lack of dealers, but not at the current pricing point.
In theory by getting rid of dealers/distributors one could hope that the prices go down a bit...

In other words, they updated the lesser model and increased its pricing (by much).
That's certainly not how it seems to work generally in cycling, or likely their plan if that is what they're doing. Single point of sale = full price control. Meaning you can put them as high as you like whilst keeping 100% of the revenue.

EvilEuro

by EvilEuro

I fail to see how one can really complain about Time's pricing when we live in a age where a frame and fork costs you (MSRP) $7,100 for a Colnago C68, $7,250 for an Argonaut RM3, $6,000 for an Appleman (with a one year wait), $8,900 for a Parlee Z-Zero, $6,400 for a Cippolini RB1K, and $6,950 for a Pinarello F-Disc.

There are still retail stockists in the EU, such as Belatti Sport, so it's not impossible to get one from someone other than directly from Time. There are still limited retailers in the US.

That being said, the pricing in the US on the Time online store is very good compared to the frames listed above. The ADHX and the 2023 AdH 01 are both listed at $3,799, the 2022 AdH 01 is $3,999 (down from $4,399), and the AdH 21 is $2,999. The Skylon is the outlier at $4,999.

The price difference between the 2022 AdH 01 and the 2023 model is minimal.

All in all, I'd say Time is a hell of a lot better value for the dollar (or Euro) than most comparable framesets.

maxima

by maxima

They do not support any Top Pro Team and don't do a lot of Marketing--> I think this helps in limiting operating expense and therefore able to sell frameset at more reasonable prices?

I do hope they make it thru as the cycling industry is going down a down trend for at least the next 2 to 3 years. It is this sort of small companies with devotion to the art of making good quality products that need to stick around for the good of cycling. Price is not cheap, but are very reasonable consider the quality and their more labor intensive mfgr. Can only hope they comes up with better geometry (lower BB, bigger tyre clearance of at least 32mm tyres) and slightly lighter frames with innovation within their limits.

EvilEuro wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:12 pm
I fail to see how one can really complain about Time's pricing when we live in a age where a frame and fork costs you (MSRP) $7,100 for a Colnago C68, $7,250 for an Argonaut RM3, $6,000 for an Appleman (with a one year wait), $8,900 for a Parlee Z-Zero, $6,400 for a Cippolini RB1K, and $6,950 for a Pinarello F-Disc.

There are still retail stockists in the EU, such as Belatti Sport, so it's not impossible to get one from someone other than directly from Time. There are still limited retailers in the US.

That being said, the pricing in the US on the Time online store is very good compared to the frames listed above. The ADHX and the 2023 AdH 01 are both listed at $3,799, the 2022 AdH 01 is $3,999 (down from $4,399), and the AdH 21 is $2,999. The Skylon is the outlier at $4,999.

The price difference between the 2022 AdH 01 and the 2023 model is minimal.

All in all, I'd say Time is a hell of a lot better value for the dollar (or Euro) than most comparable framesets.

MDecius

by MDecius

JasonFly wrote:According to french site Matos Velo Time has now switched to a "direct sale" distribution model.

Not sure if they are really going to cut out distributors or just add direct sale as an additional option…
I recently bought an AdH01 from a dealer and the additional support/advice during the purchase process was very valuable. I’d imagine others will feel the same if they are not complete experts in geometry, fitting, component choice, assembly, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Road - Time Alpe d'Huez 01 rim
All-road - Diverge Elite DSW '16 disc

JasonFly

by JasonFly

MDecius wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:58 am
JasonFly wrote:According to french site Matos Velo Time has now switched to a "direct sale" distribution model.

Not sure if they are really going to cut out distributors or just add direct sale as an additional option…
I recently bought an AdH01 from a dealer and the additional support/advice during the purchase process was very valuable. I’d imagine others will feel the same if they are not complete experts in geometry, fitting, component choice, assembly, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The article was quoting a press release from the french distributor and apparently Time unilaterally cancelled the contract.
I am not sure it is the smartest move when you are selling only frames.

steveadore

by steveadore

Those of you who have rim brake models, have you have any issues with QR skewers indenting the surface of the carbon dropouts, especially in the rear? I'm not quite sure how tough Time's "forged" carbon dropouts are supposed to be, but in general I'm not 100% happy with the use of carbon dropouts for non-thru axle frames

simbikotic

by simbikotic

steveadore wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:09 pm
Those of you who have rim brake models, have you have any issues with QR skewers indenting the surface of the carbon dropouts, especially in the rear? I'm not quite sure how tough Time's "forged" carbon dropouts are supposed to be, but in general I'm not 100% happy with the use of carbon dropouts for non-thru axle frames
+1 I am interested to know the answer here as well. Related (general question) can anything sacrificial be safely placed between the dropout and the skewer clamp? E.g. fine washer (metal, plastic).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

odonnebj

by odonnebj

simbikotic wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:27 am
steveadore wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:09 pm
+1 I am interested to know the answer here as well. Related (general question) can anything sacrificial be safely placed between the dropout and the skewer clamp? E.g. fine washer (metal, plastic).
No issues with skewers. No issues with thru axles either. I've put 50,000 miles on one of my Time bikes with carbon dropouts, and there's ZERO to worry about. FYI - Time isn't the only brand using carbon dropouts with quick release skewers. High end frame manufacturers have been doing this for a long time.