The Time Bicycles Thread -- Time Frames, Bikes, & Hardware Components After Sale To Cardinal Cycling Group

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

JAZ

by JAZ

I couldn't get hold of the stem for my Alp 01 either, as bad as it may be I ended up getting one of the Aliexpress 'copies' of the stem, sanding the paint off and clearcoating it as a stop gap. Without tempting fate, it's worked out fine for me.

TomTou stem

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ArthurOgus

by ArthurOgus

JAZ wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:47 pm
I couldn't get hold of the stem for my Alp 01 either, as bad as it may be I ended up getting one of the Aliexpress 'copies' of the stem, sanding the paint off and clearcoating it as a stop gap. Without tempting fate, it's worked out fine for me.

I managed to get a red 2022 ADH 01 just a few weeks ago, the last one in my size (XXS). Since I love the look and feel of the stem on my 2008 VXS,
I wanted a Time stem for this new bike too, and in fact didn't order the bike until I managed to track down a suitable stem in the stock of a Time dealer, with Tony's help. It cost $$$, but it matches the exposed carbon weave on the top tube beautifully, and of course the benefits of its construction are there too.

nikospeed

by nikospeed

Just in case as I also wasn't able to find a 110mm Time stem for my AdH01 - have a look at THM/Schmolke. The carbon weave matches the seatpost look really well, however as it's 6° you need less spacers vs the 10° Time stem
download/file.php?id=100968&mode=view

Nezz0r

by Nezz0r

JAZ wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:47 pm
I couldn't get hold of the stem for my Alp 01 either, as bad as it may be I ended up getting one of the Aliexpress 'copies' (snipped for briefness)
Ah. Yes. I appreciate your reply (did not know they existed) but my aim was to buy a Time stem for it's (known) good quality. This unfortunately misses that completely, though aesthetically it is satisfactory.

MDecius

by MDecius

Folks, speaking of Time stems, I have a quick question about the assembly of the headset. (And one other as well).

Finally after a 5 week eager wait, I've received my ADH 01! I've done all of the Di2 wiring so far, and the BB is going in tomorrow.

When test-mounting the stem, I noticed that the compression plug they supplied with the frame has no top cap screw. This makes sense because the Quickset doesn't need a traditional preload from the top cap, but the plug fits so loosely that I can imagine it jumping/rattling around on cobblestones or rough roads. Have y'all in this thread had issues with that? My plan was to cover it in carbon assembly paste to create some friction in between that and the top of the steerer, and hopefully the stem clamping force will be enough to keep it in place.

Second question is shorter -- the frame came with this Deda mount for the Di2 battery: https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ded ... prod120935

However Shimano includes this wave-washer and snap-ring fitting system with the battery itself, and my question is, are these things meant to be used together? Terry's better shifting site seems to make it seem like it's either-or: https://bettershifting.com/installation ... t-battery/
Road - Time Alpe d'Huez 01 rim
All-road - Diverge Elite DSW '16 disc

Kumppa

by Kumppa

MDecius wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:41 pm
When test-mounting the stem, I noticed that the compression plug they supplied with the frame has no top cap screw. This makes sense because the Quickset doesn't need a traditional preload from the top cap, but the plug fits so loosely that I can imagine it jumping/rattling around on cobblestones or rough roads. Have y'all in this thread had issues with that?
No, zero issues. Compression from stem bolts keep it really tight.

Only rattling noise was coming from rear brake housing, inside the top tube. Easy fix with foam sleeve.

nikospeed

by nikospeed

+1 wrt compression plug. Mine fits tightly. Even when I losen the stem bolts, I can't pry it out without giving the stem a little upward push.

otnemem

by otnemem

JasonFly wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:12 pm
Are you sure this is the new frame they were working on? I have to ask because frankly speaking I struggle to find any meaningful novelty on the 2023 model...
Without the R&D team specifically confirming, I can't be sure of anything... But the context where they said they were working on it was specifically the Alpe D'huez, not another bike.
Then again, I'm either right or it's even worse: if after a year they were working on another ADH and this is what they released, then I'm even less interested in giving Time my money. And, for the reasons you outlined, I'm already not interested at all.

RDY

by RDY

otnemem wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:26 pm
JasonFly wrote:
Are you sure this is the new frame they were working on? I have to ask because frankly speaking I struggle to find any meaningful novelty on the 2023 model...
Without the R&D team specifically confirming, I can't be sure of anything... But the context where they said they were working on it was specifically the Alpe D'huez, not another bike.
Then again, I'm either right or it's even worse: if after a year they were working on another ADH and this is what they released, then I'm even less interested in giving Time my money. And, for the reasons you outlined, I'm already not interested at all.
Well they've said no Scylon update / replacement until 2024 ... and despite prior reports on this thread of it being removed from production, it is still in production. This direct from Time.

That would just leave a potential endurance bike. Assuming that they don't do a 'real' gravel bike, vs all-road that the ADHX is.

odonnebj

by odonnebj

RDY wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:32 pm
otnemem wrote:
JasonFly wrote:
Well they've said no Scylon update / replacement until 2024 ... and despite prior reports on this thread of it being removed from production, it is still in production. This direct from Time.

That would just leave a potential endurance bike. Assuming that they don't do a 'real' gravel bike, vs all-road that the ADHX is.
Spot on

steveadore

by steveadore

odonnebj wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:48 pm
RDY wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:32 pm
otnemem wrote:
JasonFly wrote:

Spot on
Do you have any details? :wink:

zappafile123

by zappafile123

Will there be a replacement for the Sk(c)ylon any time soon? It was released 10 years ago this year.
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

RDY

by RDY

zappafile123 wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:05 am
Will there be a replacement for the Sk(c)ylon any time soon? It was released 10 years ago this year.

According to Time, 2024.

jlidds

by jlidds

Hi Time fans, long time listener and (almost) first time poster.

Comment and a question:
Comment - if there's anyone looking for NOS Time stems I can assist. I've got access to some 120mm stems at very cheap prices
Question - I'm about search more on the WW page but are we allowed to post bikes for sale here? Or is it strictly comments?

While we're at it, I'm disappointed with the refresh of the 2023 ADH. I love everything about it, aside from the 28mm clearance limit and the weird geo change. I've seen the clearance IRL it's tight! Will it stop me buying one anyway? Maybe. Possibly not.
Last edited by jlidds on Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tarmac S-Works SL6
Tarmac S-Works SL7
Tarmac S-Works SL8
Venge S-Works
Look 695
Look 795 Blade RS
Aurum Magma
Time Alpe d'Huez 23
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Lab71 (for sale)

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Are there any restrictions for posting a for sale add?
In order to be allowed to post an add users (posting in the marketplace) must have a minimum of 30 posts. And users (posting in the marketplace) must be an active member of the board for a minimum of one month.
- Posts by members that do not live up to these rules will be removed by the moderators.
- If we find you spam posting the forums in order to increase post count you will get one warning. If we find you doing that a second time you will get banned for a period of time and lose your postcount up till then.

Basso Diamante eps 12

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com