The Time Bicycles Thread -- Time Frames, Bikes, & Hardware Components After Sale To Cardinal Cycling Group

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jlidds

by jlidds

MrCurrieinahurry wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:35 am
Are there any restrictions for posting a for sale add?
In order to be allowed to post an add users (posting in the marketplace) must have a minimum of 30 posts. And users (posting in the marketplace) must be an active member of the board for a minimum of one month.
- Posts by members that do not live up to these rules will be removed by the moderators.
- If we find you spam posting the forums in order to increase post count you will get one warning. If we find you doing that a second time you will get banned for a period of time and lose your postcount up till then.

Basso Diamante eps 12
Thank you. All points noted.
Tarmac S-Works SL6
Tarmac S-Works SL7
Tarmac S-Works SL8
Venge S-Works
Look 695
Look 795 Blade RS
Aurum Magma
Time Alpe d'Huez 23
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Lab71 (for sale)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MDecius

by MDecius

nikospeed wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:58 am
+1 wrt compression plug. Mine fits tightly. Even when I losen the stem bolts, I can't pry it out without giving the stem a little upward push.
Kumppa wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:07 am
MDecius wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:41 pm
When test-mounting the stem, I noticed that the compression plug they supplied with the frame has no top cap screw. This makes sense because the Quickset doesn't need a traditional preload from the top cap, but the plug fits so loosely that I can imagine it jumping/rattling around on cobblestones or rough roads. Have y'all in this thread had issues with that?
No, zero issues. Compression from stem bolts keep it really tight.

Only rattling noise was coming from rear brake housing, inside the top tube. Easy fix with foam sleeve.
Thanks folks. Since I will not have dialed in my position for the first few rides, I will have a spacer on top of the stem before I cut it.

When finally cutting the stem, the Time manual is not super clear to me about the procedure for using a non-Time stem. It merely says: "raise the height of the stem, and subtract 1mm from it before cutting" I am assuming this means the steerer needs to be slightly shorter than the stem/last spacer so that the compression sleeve rests on top of it, exactly the same as with a standard top cap?
Road - Time Alpe d'Huez 01 rim
All-road - Diverge Elite DSW '16 disc

dhalbrook

by dhalbrook

I've been wondering why the BB is so high (65mm bb drop) in the Time Alpe d'Huez and Look 785. Did it start out as a crit bike? I'd love to eventually get an Alpe d'Huez (2023, 01, 21, whatever) but I'm a bit hung up on this number. Does anyone know the story behind this?

nikospeed

by nikospeed

MDecius wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:17 am
When finally cutting the stem, the Time manual is not super clear to me about the procedure for using a non-Time stem. It merely says: "raise the height of the stem, and subtract 1mm from it before cutting" I am assuming this means the steerer needs to be slightly shorter than the stem/last spacer so that the compression sleeve rests on top of it, exactly the same as with a standard top cap?
IIRC my measurements was 0.5-0.8mm for the steerer undercut. So 1mm is safe. Before cutting I was also running with a 20mm chimney. Noprob as the compression plug is long enough

jlok

by jlok

dhalbrook wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:25 pm
I've been wondering why the BB is so high (65mm bb drop) in the Time Alpe d'Huez and Look 785. Did it start out as a crit bike? I'd love to eventually get an Alpe d'Huez (2023, 01, 21, whatever) but I'm a bit hung up on this number. Does anyone know the story behind this?
Exactly my thought. I think the old 01/21 geometries are more balanced.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

MDecius

by MDecius

nikospeed wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:24 pm
MDecius wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:17 am
IIRC my measurements was 0.5-0.8mm for the steerer undercut. So 1mm is safe. Before cutting I was also running with a 20mm chimney. Noprob as the compression plug is long enough
Awesome, thanks. I expect that I should have the build done this weekend, will post a nice photo. ;)

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

dhalbrook wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:25 pm
Mine is same (65mm BB drop) and short wheelbase, just as Time.
Still not unstable..
I wonder if it's some old school thing, Ridley also have similar BB drop.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

trulede

by trulede

RDY wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:32 pm
Well they've said no Scylon update / replacement until 2024 ... and despite prior reports on this thread of it being removed from production, it is still in production. This direct from Time.

That would just leave a potential endurance bike. Assuming that they don't do a 'real' gravel bike, vs all-road that the ADHX is.
Time have been posting photos of the new ADH on instagram with the tag "endurance" ... so, I think thats it. I would have thought that an endurance bike in 2023 might take a 32c tyre ... so nothing for me there, but otherwise a nice bike IMHO.

steveadore

by steveadore

trulede wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:49 pm
RDY wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:32 pm
Well they've said no Scylon update / replacement until 2024 ... and despite prior reports on this thread of it being removed from production, it is still in production. This direct from Time.

That would just leave a potential endurance bike. Assuming that they don't do a 'real' gravel bike, vs all-road that the ADHX is.
Time have been posting photos of the new ADH on instagram with the tag "endurance" ... so, I think thats it. I would have thought that an endurance bike in 2023 might take a 32c tyre ... so nothing for me there, but otherwise a nice bike IMHO.
Last year I was told by their customer service that there would be an updated Fluidity, but whether that materializes and when is a question I'd really like to see answered. Honestly, if I were in the market for a "modern" endurance bike, I'd get the ADHX, as it ticks all the boxes for me (32mm tire width, mechanical 2x drivetrain, decent weight and Time quality), but I'd like a stack/reach ratio that is not the same as on the ADH

MDecius

by MDecius

Very pleased to present my official membership application to the Time club.

Thanks to all who contributed and answered questions in this thread, I am grateful for such informational places such as this forum.

Can't wait for the first proper ride!
Attachments
IMG_1340.jpeg

jlidds

by jlidds

On the ADH 23 has anyone done a deep dive on bar and barstem options which work with the Deda headset? My frame is on order and I'm looking at any options other than the DCR system which can achieve the same integration without using a Deda bar.
Tarmac S-Works SL6
Tarmac S-Works SL7
Tarmac S-Works SL8
Venge S-Works
Look 695
Look 795 Blade RS
Aurum Magma
Time Alpe d'Huez 23
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Lab71 (for sale)

odonnebj

by odonnebj

jlidds wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:28 am
On the ADH 23 has anyone done a deep dive on bar and barstem options which work with the Deda headset? My frame is on order and I'm looking at any options other than the DCR system which can achieve the same integration without using a Deda bar.
You'll likely still need to use the Deda upper bearing top cover (56mm) that comes with the Superbox stem. The new ENVE integrated stem *may* be an option with that cover if you want a -7 deg stem.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

I've been in contact with Time recently, and they say (and even sent a pic) Deda have come out with a new Superbox stem which basically enables "slammed" setup without the previous additional spacer, which mandated several mm of additional stack increase.
As long as you have that stem, you could use any bars provided they have a hole in the middle and full internal routing.

ACR handlebars also should work.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

odonnebj

by odonnebj

mrlobber wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:43 pm
I've been in contact with Time recently, and they say (and even sent a pic) Deda have come out with a new Superbox stem which basically enables "slammed" setup without the previous additional spacer, which mandated several mm of additional stack increase.
As long as you have that stem, you could use any bars provided they have a hole in the middle and full internal routing.

ACR handlebars also should work.
Here's the Bikerumor article on it:

https://bikerumor.com/deda-superbox-dcr ... ated-stem/

mrlobber

by mrlobber

odonnebj wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:16 pm
Here's the Bikerumor article on it:

https://bikerumor.com/deda-superbox-dcr ... ated-stem/
Thanks, haven't seen that :thumbup:
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com