The Time Bicycles Thread -- Time Frames, Bikes, & Hardware Components After Sale To Cardinal Cycling Group

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

polpy

by polpy

odonnebj wrote:
polpy wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 8:26 pm
odonnebj wrote:
simbikotic wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 6:45 pm
That sounds awesome! Loving the component choices. Got pics?
Pic attached!

IMG_7478.jpg
I love the look of that frame, its just awesome with that color. Yesterday i put my cervelo r5d from 2018 on the scale. Size 56, Frame 812g, Fork 351g. Compared to that the Time AdH is almost 500g heavier.

I probably would still ride that pink beauty without thinking about the weight though :)
My ADH weighs 15.6 lbs (7.08kg). I think that's pretty damn good for a disc brake bike. I'm not sure what I'm missing with everyone complaining about the weights?!
We are here at weight weenies, what should we complain about, if not weight? :)

7kg is ok, but as i wanted to point out, with the same components, but my cervelo r5 disc frameset, the bike would be at around 6,5kg, which is a huge difference in the weight weenie world.

But IF the Time could run 30mm tires, i would propably buy the frame and switch my parts over from the Cervelo.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

inertianinja

by inertianinja

polpy wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 10:20 pm

7kg is ok, but as i wanted to point out, with the same components, but my cervelo r5 disc frameset, the bike would be at around 6,5kg, which is a huge difference in the weight weenie world.

But IF the Time could run 30mm tires, i would propably buy the frame and switch my parts over from the Cervelo.
I went through this thought process before ordering the Time. The R5 and Aethos are both $5,500 for the frameset. The ADH Disc is $3,800 for a (claimed, to me, by Time) ~520g weight penalty. Between the lower price, better looks, and overall more interesting nature of the bike, I decided I would go with the ADH.

However if they ever get around to shipping the bike to me and it ends up being MUCH heavier than claimed, that might change.

SuecoGuatemalteco

by SuecoGuatemalteco

inertianinja wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 10:32 pm
polpy wrote:

I went through this thought process before ordering the Time. The R5 and Aethos are both $5,500 for the frameset. The ADH Disc is $3,800 for a (claimed, to me, by Time) ~520g weight penalty. Between the lower price, better looks, and overall more interesting nature of the bike, I decided I would go with the ADH.

However if they ever get around to shipping the bike to me and it ends up being MUCH heavier than claimed, that might change.
I can confirm that a size S in pink comes in at 1600 grams+.
That is frame, fork, headset and rear derailleur hanger. I just weighed it as it came.
I spoke to wrenchscience who build bikes with Time frames and they told me that Time said the frame weighed 1,96 lb (890 grams). That's not close to real life weights.

I still like it and might build it up but will look for an replacement almost immediately, hopefully a Yonex. This is just way to heavy for what I was looking for :cry:
2023 Time Alpe d'Huez 2023
2020 Bianchi Oltre XR4 *Sold
2018 Giant Propel Pro Advanced
2017 Bianchi Intrepida *Sold
2016 Verenti Technique *Sold

simbikotic

by simbikotic

odonnebj wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 9:12 pm
polpy wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 8:26 pm
odonnebj wrote:
simbikotic wrote:

Pic attached!

IMG_7478.jpg
I love the look of that frame, its just awesome with that color. Yesterday i put my cervelo r5d from 2018 on the scale. Size 56, Frame 812g, Fork 351g. Compared to that the Time AdH is almost 500g heavier.

I probably would still ride that pink beauty without thinking about the weight though :)
My ADH weighs 15.6 lbs (7.08kg). I think that's pretty damn good for a disc brake bike. I'm not sure what I'm missing with everyone complaining about the weights?!
Looks so good! Congrats. 7.08 is a great weight. That's about what my Aethos weighs.... Component choice is a big deal. I got too tempted by the deep wheels :D

MDecius

by MDecius

odonnebj wrote:
simbikotic wrote:
odonnebj wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 9:42 pm
SuecoGuatemalteco wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 9:40 pm
No, just the frameset straight out of the box. Hopefully I will have it weighed again by a mechanic and cyclist later this week.
I just built up my ADH Disc at 15.6 lbs. Size small / Chroma Pink. SRAM Red AXS w/ integrated power meter and CeramicSpeed OSPW. ENVE 2.3's. Time stem. 3T Superergo bars. Fizik Vento Argo R1 Adaptive saddle. Specicalized Alpinist seatpost. Speedplay Zero Ti pedals.
Pic attached!
IMG_7478.jpg
Gorgeous looking bike!

Regarding all the weight discussion, I wonder if they’ve needed to change something in the manufacturing or the Dyneema fibers in the new carbon weave are adding a lot of frame weight.

I would consider 7.08kg for a disc bike to be really quite light given the weights of many current pro aero bikes to be nearer to 7.5kg than 7kg.

I was a bit disappointed that my rim brake ADH01 turned out to be 7.8. Granted I have some heavier components (Ultegra, WTO 45s), but based on my pre-build spreadsheet, I thought I would be closer to 7.4, and then over time upgrade it to sub-7. Still looking for where this extra 400g came from (I know it is not the frame itself as I weighed the whole assembly).

Did you weigh the raw parts they gave you, or can you share the weights of your build?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Road - Time Alpe d'Huez 01 rim
All-road - Diverge Elite DSW '16 disc

odonnebj

by odonnebj

MDecius wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 5:39 am
odonnebj wrote:
simbikotic wrote:
odonnebj wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 9:42 pm

I just built up my ADH Disc at 15.6 lbs. Size small / Chroma Pink. SRAM Red AXS w/ integrated power meter and CeramicSpeed OSPW. ENVE 2.3's. Time stem. 3T Superergo bars. Fizik Vento Argo R1 Adaptive saddle. Specicalized Alpinist seatpost. Speedplay Zero Ti pedals.
Pic attached!

IMG_7478.jpg
Gorgeous looking bike!

Regarding all the weight discussion, I wonder if they’ve needed to change something in the manufacturing or the Dyneema fibers in the new carbon weave are adding a lot of frame weight.

I would consider 7.08kg for a disc bike to be really quite light given the weights of many current pro aero bikes to be nearer to 7.5kg than 7kg.

I was a bit disappointed that my rim brake ADH01 turned out to be 7.8. Granted I have some heavier components (Ultegra, WTO 45s), but based on my pre-build spreadsheet, I thought I would be closer to 7.4, and then over time upgrade it to sub-7. Still looking for where this extra 400g came from (I know it is not the frame itself as I weighed the whole assembly).

Did you weigh the raw parts they gave you, or can you share the weights of your build?

Thank you!!

I also have an ADH01 rim brake (size XS) that comes in at 6.9kg. Basically the same build but with Cane Creek eeBrakes and ENVE 5.6s. I had it custom painted otherwise it would have been a little lighter. ;)

I never weighed the raw parts on the ADH Disc. I went on WrenchScience.com and did a build as similar as I could to mine, and the weights came close for what it's worth.

SuecoGuatemalteco

by SuecoGuatemalteco

odonnebj wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 10:57 pm
MDecius wrote:
odonnebj wrote:
simbikotic wrote:

Pic attached!

IMG_7478.jpg
Gorgeous looking bike!

Thank you!!

I also have an ADH01 rim brake (size XS) that comes in at 6.9kg. Basically the same build but with Cane Creek eeBrakes and ENVE 5.6s. I had it custom painted otherwise it would have been a little lighter. ;)

I never weighed the raw parts on the ADH Disc. I went on WrenchScience.com and did a build as similar as I could to mine, and the weights came close for what it's worth.
I also made a build on wrenchscience.com but it showed a much lighter build than mine. I have weighed all parts piece by piece. I asked wrenchscience.com what the ADH2023 frame (no fork) weighed and it turned out their number they've got from time is 264 grams lighter than my scale shows. Mine includes rear derailleur hanger, bottle cage bolts but 264 grams off is not even close.
I was at the local bike shop and they offered me a Look Huez RS frameset including rear derailleur hanger, seat post clamp, spacers etcetera @1490 grams and 1000 euros cheaper. They also offered a Cannondale Supersix Lab71 frameset that weighs in at 1250. Like 1500 euros extra but including a seatpost.
I still haven't decided if I should send the Time back or not. Just got a message that my last piece for the build arrived so it's time to make a decision.

odonnebj

by odonnebj

SuecoGuatemalteco wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 1:10 pm
odonnebj wrote:
MDecius wrote:
odonnebj wrote:
Pic attached!

IMG_7478.jpg
Gorgeous looking bike!

Thank you!!

I also made a build on wrenchscience.com but it showed a much lighter build than mine. I have weighed all parts piece by piece. I asked wrenchscience.com what the ADH2023 frame (no fork) weighed and it turned out their number they've got from time is 264 grams lighter than my scale shows. Mine includes rear derailleur hanger, bottle cage bolts but 264 grams off is not even close.
I was at the local bike shop and they offered me a Look Huez RS frameset including rear derailleur hanger, seat post clamp, spacers etcetera @1490 grams and 1000 euros cheaper. They also offered a Cannondale Supersix Lab71 frameset that weighs in at 1250. Like 1500 euros extra but including a seatpost.
I still haven't decided if I should send the Time back or not. Just got a message that my last piece for the build arrived so it's time to make a decision.
WrenchScience looks to be quoting the same frame weight for all of the colors, however I know the paint adds more weight versus the raw carbon one. Perhaps that's part of the discrepancy?? I'd expect around 100-150g maybe? For what it's worth, I'm really loving the ADH Disc.

SuecoGuatemalteco

by SuecoGuatemalteco

odonnebj wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 5:30 pm
SuecoGuatemalteco wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 1:10 pm
odonnebj wrote:
MDecius wrote:

Gorgeous looking bike!

Thank you!!

WrenchScience looks to be quoting the same frame weight for all of the colors, however I know the paint adds more weight versus the raw carbon one. Perhaps that's part of the discrepancy?? I'd expect around 100-150g maybe? For what it's worth, I'm really loving the ADH Disc.
I spoke to Time USA a while back and according to that person the painted frames weighed 50 grams more.

pkaro

by pkaro

I'm the proud owner of a Time AD'H and have been looking for a TIME ULTEAM CARBON MONOLINK STEM to complete the look. However it's very difficult to find for anything other than selected sizes and outrageous prices. Any tips? I'm also thinking of just going with an integrated cockpit like the integrated aero barstem from Blackinc.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

SuecoGuatemalteco wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 11:43 pm
inertianinja wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 10:32 pm
polpy wrote:

I can confirm that a size S in pink comes in at 1600 grams+.
That is frame, fork, headset and rear derailleur hanger. I just weighed it as it came.
I spoke to wrenchscience who build bikes with Time frames and they told me that Time said the frame weighed 1,96 lb (890 grams). That's not close to real life weights.

I still like it and might build it up but will look for an replacement almost immediately, hopefully a Yonex. This is just way to heavy for what I was looking for :cry:
Honestly, if you feel that way you would be better off sending it back. Obviously the weight of this Time frame is something that will disturb you.
Get something else, maybe Lab71 (yeah i noted the 1250 Euro +). I don't know your financial background, but for me finances had been a big issue.
If not, go for what you would be satisfied with. This is what i would say if we were buddies hanging out. I know when something just sticks to your head.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

odonnebj

by odonnebj

pkaro wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 9:18 am
I'm the proud owner of a Time AD'H and have been looking for a TIME ULTEAM CARBON MONOLINK STEM to complete the look. However it's very difficult to find for anything other than selected sizes and outrageous prices. Any tips? I'm also thinking of just going with an integrated cockpit like the integrated aero barstem from Blackinc.
What stem size are you trying to find?

If you want the cleanest integrated cockpit then go with the Deda Alanera since it's designed with the Deda headset in mind. I'm not sure how the Black Inc would look or transition into the headset apart from being external until it goes into the S-DCR headset.

inertianinja

by inertianinja

odonnebj wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 1:36 pm
pkaro wrote:
What stem size are you trying to find?

If you want the cleanest integrated cockpit then go with the Deda Alanera since it's designed with the Deda headset in mind. I'm not sure how the Black Inc would look or transition into the headset apart from being external until it goes into the S-DCR headset.
The Blackinc "Aero" barstem has a cable exit on the bottom of the stem, so that should work.

The original Blackinc barstem doesn't have that exit, so the cables would be external from the middle of the bars, which would not look right.

alistaird

by alistaird

pkaro wrote:I'm the proud owner of a Time AD'H and have been looking for a TIME ULTEAM CARBON MONOLINK STEM to complete the look. However it's very difficult to find for anything other than selected sizes and outrageous prices. Any tips? I'm also thinking of just going with an integrated cockpit like the integrated aero barstem from Blackinc.
I might have one or two around. What are you looking for exactly?

A

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ArthurOgus

by ArthurOgus

pkaro wrote:
Maybe I should take the opportunity to reply to several threads all at once. In February, I purchased a red Time ADH '01 disc brake bike from Wrench Science.
My bike also came in considerably heavier than the build had predicted. If I remember correctly, they told me afterward that they had forgotten to add the fork weight. I had managed to find Time monolink stem in my size (9cm) by calling all around the country, following leads proviced by Time. and paid a fortune for it.
I love the look of the Time stem on my older VXS, and didn't want to miss that feelling when I ride the new bike. I am afraid I don't recall the exact weight of the current build; it is approximately 7.5 kilos with everything (saddle bag with spare tubes, Garmin, mini frame pump). The bike is built with Campagnolo EPS
and Bora WTO ultra wheels, but also has alloy bars and a Specialized saddle with Ti rails (I will swap this out soon).