The Time Bicycles Thread -- Time Frames, Bikes, & Hardware Components After Sale To Cardinal Cycling Group

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

polpy

by polpy

It is just a sale of old stock, nothing new.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

UltraMaraFun

by UltraMaraFun

I posted this in the CX/Gravel section but thought I would also try my luck here. Can anyone who has an ADHX45 give me an idea of the standover heights for a Medium and Large, as I am on the fence as to which size to go for due to my short legs (741mm saddle height) / long torso (approx 183cm tall). For reference I ride a 56cm SystemSIX and a M/L TCR with 110mm stems, and my Revolt is a M/L with a 100mm stem. TIA.
Bikes:
2024 Giant Revolt Adv Pro - AXS Eagle XX1 / GRX820
2020 SystemSIX Hi-Mod - Dura-Ace Di2 12 Speed
2021 Giant TCR ADV Pro Disc - Ultegra Di2 12 Speed
2020 Giant Revolt ADV 2 **For Sale**
2019 Genesis Team Zero Disc - SOLD Oct 2020

EvilEuro

by EvilEuro

odonnebj wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:27 am
Took a quick look and it appears to be the discontined ADH21 judging by the geometry / headset.
polpy wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:49 am
It is just a sale of old stock, nothing new.
Even though I'm not getting one of these bikes (my next frame will be an AdH or ADHX with disc brakes), it got me to ask Time about what this run really is.

The run is not old stock/new old stock (NOS). It is a fresh run of rim brake Alpe d'Huez frames. It is stated as such in their email and webpage.
The updated Alpe d'Huez Rim Brake frameset is available to preorder now. Production starts early April and frames will ship starting late April.
The frame itself is based on the AdH 21 for the geometry and the lack of a proprietary seatpost. However, the construction is not strictly that of the AdH 21. I specifically asked with regard to the layup and weight of the rim brake frame and their response was this:
"The AdH Rim we are producing, that layup is based on the AdH Disc! The specs are very similar to the AdH 21 but the bikes are being made fresh with a very similar layup to our AdH disc".

sakattack

by sakattack

Attachments
IMG_20240323_103529.jpg

SaladhOlivier

by SaladhOlivier

Avian Canary
Attachments
IMG_2615.jpeg
IMG_2616.jpeg
IMG_2619.jpeg

Apv

by Apv

Nice podcast from Margin Gains this week chatting with the new owner of Time, Tony Karklins.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/6TyzRT ... 602a964f9e

polpy

by polpy

SaladhOlivier wrote:Avian Canary
Looks great, how easy was the routing? Would you be so kind and measure the stack of the 3D printed cover/adapter of the Canary? Thanks!

LordPikaChu

by LordPikaChu

Hey folks! Does anyone have the Alpe D'Huez in Gold and could comment on how it looks like in real life? Photos on the time website show it as a color of a gold bar, but two photos that I could find on the internet looked like the paint was more saturated with an orange hue. Which is it in real life/real lighting conditions?

jlidds

by jlidds

Apv wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:00 pm
Nice podcast from Margin Gains this week chatting with the new owner of Time, Tony Karklins.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/6TyzRT ... 602a964f9e
I'm surprised no one is talking about this more. That interview was great. Tony basically has come out and said there will be new model frames in 2024. If the details of this new factory, and the capability for production are true, then i'm all in (again).

Time is overdue something and I am looking forward to seeing what they release next!
Tarmac S-Works SL6
Tarmac S-Works SL7
Tarmac S-Works SL8
Venge S-Works
Look 695
Look 795 Blade RS
Aurum Magma
Time Alpe d'Huez 23
No 22 Aurora
Wilier Filante
Factor Ostro II

ultimobici1

by ultimobici1

m4k1 wrote:Show us more!
If you insist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sakattack

by sakattack

Everybody knows that Time bikes have great riding characteristics but aren't particularly light.After 10 adventurous years my beloved Vial evo has failed (broken front derailleur hanger),so i decided that it was time for my Time!Given the fact that my old bike was naked carbon black with a little white,i put some colour in my life and here we are!
My_Time.jpg
I was pleasantly surprised with the 6,58Kg of this beauty and after a quick recon ride i love it!

EvilEuro

by EvilEuro

jlidds wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:01 pm
I'm surprised no one is talking about this more. That interview was great. Tony basically has come out and said there will be new model frames in 2024. If the details of this new factory, and the capability for production are true, then i'm all in (again).

Time is overdue something and I am looking forward to seeing what they release next!
Also stated in the interview was Tony's mentioning that there was only one other company in the bike industry making carbon components the same way as Time, Munich Composites.

This article came out a week ago today (17 April): https://www.bicycleretailer.com/industr ... -rim-maker

Also of note is that the article brings up another item mentioned in the interview -- that Time is opening up a factory in the US for domestic production of Time products. The Slovenian factory will continue to produce for the European market. Tony Karklins and Boyd Johnson are doing the same with Munich Composites. Domestic manufacturing for the US and continued European manufacturing in Poland for the European market.

I did like that it was thrown into the article quickly that Time has already started producing test frames and forks in the US for testing and plans to being real production in the second half of this year. This is discussed more in depth in the interview.

Lastly, though they don't go over it in much detail in the BRAIN article (though they do in the Marginal Gains podcast), that Time (and now Munich Composites) have been doing extensive work with Clemson University and BMW on an improved version of RTM, called "high pressure RTM". This supposedly produces an even better, "more perfect" carbon product. Again, can't wait to see what comes of these efforts later this year.

RDY

by RDY

Time stuff is beautifully made ... but all their stuff is now pretty antiquated re: the bikes. New design and new geo would be nice - the Scylon particularly is woefully out of date. 10+ year old design and just about the shortest FC and WB available in larger sizes.

I think Karklins & co are barking up the wrong tree with machine braided rims. They're not great. FW would be a much better choice from a technical and performance standpoint ... but MB can scale to be significantly cheaper I think.

Sceptical whether we'll see anything exciting, or just more regressive respins.