The Time Bicycles Thread -- Time Frames, Bikes, & Hardware Components After Sale To Cardinal Cycling Group

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

RDY

by RDY

Now in the third week of August. Wonder if it's actually going to happen.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Well given that most of France are still on holiday I had thought it was an odd week for a Time launch!

Fingers crossed though
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

EvilEuro

by EvilEuro

Haven't seen anything yet, but based on this horribly formatted press release in Bicycle Retailer, new models will be rolled out over the next year and we'll be looking at graphic updates here shortly for the Alpe d'Huez model.

Relaunch is being worked on by Conductor Studio out of London, so the French holiday schedule is probably not an issue there. They definitely have experience with cycling campaigns though based upon their previous work. I hope they help Time revamp their website into something a bit more modern and appealing to the eye amongst other aspects to this relaunch.

https://www.bicycleretailer.com/announc ... -conductor

https://conductorstudio.com/projects/

EvilEuro

by EvilEuro

Looks like the relaunch will happen in September as opposed to August.

I'd rather a delayed relaunch to get everything right than a haphazard relaunch just to meet an artificial timeline.

RDY

by RDY

Well the new paint jobs are out. Only place I've seen them is BellaITSports (CH) website, in tiny thumbnails. Look like renders rather than the real thing, but the semi-naked carbon with black logos looks great IMO. Others, big bag of meh ... but the cable routing (or lack thereof) and terrible looking stem / steerer interface (yup, they're still using those same old press photos) is so bad.

They really, really need to do ACR or something within the next year, on a new or rejigged Skylon and ADH, and change that horrifically ugly stem.

Llanberis

by Llanberis

High-res pictures up on Time official site. A real pleasure to see them dedicate a colour scheme to showcase how beatifully made these frames are.

https://www.timebicycles.com/products/scylon

https://www.timebicycles.com/products/alpe-dhuez-01

alistaird

by alistaird

Llanberis wrote:High-res pictures up on Time official site. A real pleasure to see them dedicate a colour scheme to showcase how beatifully made these frames are.

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk

Aesch

by Aesch

And then it's an alpe d'heuz on the official site..(look in the menu). Pretty unprofessional.

RDY

by RDY

Those are much better shots than the poor quality renders that I saw.

Still, it's such a shame there's all that cabling mess on the Scylon.

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

New paint (or lack thereof) does look good. Also looks like they've dropped the Fluidity completely?
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

RDY

by RDY

Not keen on the other paint jobs, but the black does look very nice. I'm surprised they aren't offering it RTP - that would be such an easy win for them.

I think they could do a minimalist upgrade to the Scylon, for whenever that drops, and make it very desirable. Deeper (new UCI rule) fork with better head tube integration, clearance for 30/32mm tyres, ACR front end.

EvilEuro

by EvilEuro

RDY wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:24 pm
Not keen on the other paint jobs, but the black does look very nice. I'm surprised they aren't offering it RTP - that would be such an easy win for them.
Bellati Sport is showing them with an RTP option on both the Alpe d'Huez and Skylon frames.
RTP.jpg

RDY

by RDY

EvilEuro wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:18 pm
RDY wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:24 pm
Bellati Sport is showing them with an RTP option on both the Alpe d'Huez and Skylon frames.

RTP.jpg
Either that was very recently added, or my browser was wigging out when I first looked. That's good too.

EvilEuro

by EvilEuro

Looks like there is a purple and clear offering in the Alpe d'Huez 21 that isn't offered on the 01 or the Skylon. NIce colour.

JAZ

by JAZ

I bought a closeout sale white/clearcoat Alpe d'Huez 01 rim brake frame/fork earlier this year, it's such an awesome bike and finish, I love it.
I can't find the matching stem I need for it in a 90mm black/white, white/black or raw colour scheme. The UK distro doesn't seem to have it to order either, although I've emailed them to ask, does anyone have an idea when or where I can get one?
At the minute I'm running a Ritchey carbon 4 axis so it matches with the weave, but I'm running the uncut fork until I have the correct stem and can get it cut slammed and leave a little spacer on top just in case.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com