The Time Bicycles Thread -- Time Frames, Bikes, & Hardware Components After Sale To Cardinal Cycling Group

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Co0kieMonster

by Co0kieMonster

That bike is just lovely to look at ! have a lot fun with it. Maybe take a look at the new Gemini seatpost. Available in UD glossy and in two versions: Superlight and a little bit more robust.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jlidds

by jlidds

inertianinja wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:00 pm
jlidds wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:46 pm
Updated now with complete build images.

Final weight came in at 7.1 kg with pedals and cages. All in. Most importantly, it rides and handles exceptionally. Objectively, it's not as snappy as some of my other bikes (Aurum Magma comes to mind) but for most of my style of riding this is the go-to bike, hands down. If I was going on a ride 150km + this would be the stand out. The handling is the most noticeable characteristic after my first few rides. Descending is just a dream. It's very planted.

Suggestions for a nice 3K gloss seat post welcomed. I’m considering Schmolke but I don’t love the crazy light seat posts that much. I can’t work out whether to match the frame with a glossy seat post or match the cockpit with a matte finish seat post.

Specs
Frame: Time Alpe d’Huez 23 (Small)*
Group set: Shimano Dura Ace 9270 (11-30, 172,5mm)
Power meter: Rotor Aldhu carbon with Power2Max NG spider
Wheels: Campagnolo Hyperon Ultra (yeah, I know, Shimano and Campag together. Whatever)
Tyres: Vittoria N.EXT 28mm tubeless
Bars: EXS Aerover integrated (400 x 110) with omputer mount
Cages: Arundel Mandible 3K gloss
Saddle: Repente Quasar CR carbon
Seat post: Roval Terra (temporary but it’s actually really nice)
OSPW: CeramicSpeed

*I’m 178.5cm with a longer than average in seam. 765mm from top eof saddle to centre BB. This bike fits perfectly.
Question about the bars - I saw in the other thread that the cable exit for the brake hoses is in a weird spot. did you find that to be an issue?
The mechanic said it was super easy. No tight bends. No hassles whatsoever. Kin of lucky.
Tarmac S-Works SL6
Tarmac S-Works SL7
Tarmac S-Works SL8
Venge S-Works
Look 695
Look 795 Blade RS
Aurum Magma
Time Alpe d'Huez 23
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Lab71 (for sale)

jlidds

by jlidds

Co0kieMonster wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:28 pm
That bike is just lovely to look at ! have a lot fun with it. Maybe take a look at the new Gemini seatpost. Available in UD glossy and in two versions: Superlight and a little bit more robust.
Thanks' I'll take a look for sure.
Tarmac S-Works SL6
Tarmac S-Works SL7
Tarmac S-Works SL8
Venge S-Works
Look 695
Look 795 Blade RS
Aurum Magma
Time Alpe d'Huez 23

polpy

by polpy

I will use a mcfk seatpost with mine. Its a little heavier than darimo but its more robust.

MDecius

by MDecius

jlidds wrote:

Final weight came in at 7.1 kg with pedals and cages. All in. Most importantly, it rides and handles exceptionally. Objectively, it's not as snappy as some of my other bikes (Aurum Magma comes to mind) but for most of my style of riding this is the go-to bike, hands down. If I was going on a ride 150km + this would be the stand out. The handling is the most noticeable characteristic after my first few rides. Descending is just a dream. It's very planted.

Suggestions for a nice 3K gloss seat post welcomed. I’m considering Schmolke but I don’t love the crazy light seat posts that much. I can’t work out whether to match the frame with a glossy seat post or match the cockpit with a matte finish seat post.

Specs
Wheels: Campagnolo Hyperon Ultra (yeah, I know, Shimano and Campag together. Whatever)

*I’m 178.5cm with a longer than average in seam. 765mm from top eof saddle to centre BB. This bike fits perfectly.
Absolute beauty. Those Hyperon wheels are the cherry on the cake. How did you find the installation process of putting the Aldhu carbon cranks on the DA chainrings? I am looking for a future lighter weight PM option to save weight from my ADH01, without going crazy on THM.
Road - Time Alpe d'Huez 01 rim
All-road - Diverge Elite DSW '16 disc

inertianinja

by inertianinja

Any other thoughts on DCR-compatible handlebars for the ADH23?
My preference is integrated if possible. I'm currently looking at :
  • - Black Inc Aero Barstem- $675, but slightly longer reach than I'd prefer
    - The One Pro - aliexpress stuff, pretty good reviews, not aesthetically the best, but cheapest at $250
    - Deda Alanera - probably the best fit for me but also the most expensive at like $850
    - Deda Superzero Carbon - same as the stock bars for a few grams less. meh
    - Deda Superzero Carbon RS- more aero profile than stock bars
    - Deda Superleggera - lightest Deda offering but some reviews say they crack easily
Anything else?

odonnebj

by odonnebj

inertianinja wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:12 pm
Any other thoughts on DCR-compatible handlebars for the ADH23?
My preference is integrated if possible. I'm currently looking at :
  • - Black Inc Aero Barstem- $675, but slightly longer reach than I'd prefer
    - The One Pro - aliexpress stuff, pretty good reviews, not aesthetically the best, but cheapest at $250
    - Deda Alanera - probably the best fit for me but also the most expensive at like $850
    - Deda Superzero Carbon - same as the stock bars for a few grams less. meh
    - Deda Superzero Carbon RS- more aero profile than stock bars
    - Deda Superleggera - lightest Deda offering but some reviews say they crack easily
Anything else?

Take a look at FSA/Vision. Their ACR models would also work.

dhalbrook

by dhalbrook

What about the Farsports F1s bar? Its seems unclear if it's DCR-compatible or not, but it seems like someone could 3d print an adapter if not.

inertianinja

by inertianinja

dhalbrook wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:09 pm
What about the Farsports F1s bar? Its seems unclear if it's DCR-compatible or not, but it seems like someone could 3d print an adapter if not.
I have to do some more research on it. I've seen at least two versions, one that looks compatible and one not.

jlidds

by jlidds

MDecius wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:59 pm
jlidds wrote:

Specs

Absolute beauty. Those Hyperon wheels are the cherry on the cake. How did you find the installation process of putting the Aldhu carbon cranks on the DA chainrings? I am looking for a future lighter weight PM option to save weight from my ADH01, without going crazy on THM.
I think it's the best of the more affordable options. It's quite light and actually looks pretty good IMO. The 9200 rings mesh really nicely with the spider. Basically no lipping or weird looking edges/overhangs. I tried combos of 9200 rings with SRM, Quarq D-Zero and the Aldhu and the latter is easily the pick. The SRM origin with 9200 in fill bits glued to the spider look nice, but I didn’t love the mass finish on a gloss frame and the clashing carbon weave os the frame and the SRM. No issues experienced with the installation of the Aldhu. I've got the same combo on 3 bikes. The spider is bang on.
Tarmac S-Works SL6
Tarmac S-Works SL7
Tarmac S-Works SL8
Venge S-Works
Look 695
Look 795 Blade RS
Aurum Magma
Time Alpe d'Huez 23

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

Ursus Magnus would be a handlebar+stem option?

Seems fully integrated.

inertianinja

by inertianinja

rudye9mr wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:03 pm
Ursus Magnus would be a handlebar+stem option?

Seems fully integrated.
Nice looking bar, but not DCR :)

Ferdi77

by Ferdi77

Another off topic question for you guys: iam 177cm with 83cm inseam and according to the time size chart, I am clearly a size M. Iam a little bit confused by the long top tube (555) - what do you guys think? Would be the size small the better choice? I think it has a 540 top tube.

For comparison: iam riding a 55 cm bianchi oltre XR4 and had a bikefit on it. It fits perfectly (top tube 549) and has a steeper seat angle (73,5 vs 73cm).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

inertianinja

by inertianinja

Ferdi77 wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:31 pm
Another off topic question for you guys: iam 177cm with 83cm inseam and according to the time size chart, I am clearly a size M. Iam a little bit confused by the long top tube (555) - what do you guys think? Would be the size small the better choice? I think it has a 540 top tube.

For comparison: iam riding a 55 cm bianchi oltre XR4 and had a bikefit on it. It fits perfectly (top tube 549) and has a steeper seat angle (73,5 vs 73cm).

It all has to do with your proportions. For example I'm 183cm with a 89cm inseam, but I got an M.
Due to my body proportions I'm pretty near the minimum insertion on the seat post, but riding only a 110mm stem.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

simbikotic

by simbikotic

Ferdi77 wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:31 pm

I am close to your size (176, 83). I went for a Small (ADH 01), which I think is ~53. I only recently got the frame and have not finished building it up yet, so I cannot ride report. But having set the saddle height and fitted the bars and sat on it, I am confident small is the right size for me. Although, note if I were buying a Bianchi I would go for a 53. So if the 55 works well for you.....