The Time Bicycles Thread -- Time Frames, Bikes, & Hardware Components After Sale To Cardinal Cycling Group

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

MDecius

by MDecius

simbikotic wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:28 am
MDecius wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:23 pm
Hi folks,
My ADH has developed a clicking sound on every pedal revolution for about 2 weeks. It is intermittent, but when it occurs, it is always when the right crankarm is going from about 11-2 o'clock. Generally I find it is worse when riding on the flat and better when climbing.

I have checked, disassembled, and regreased all the usual things: seatpost, seat rails, pedals, chainring bolts, even stem bolts and QR/frame contacts. Today I finally bit the bullet, and took out the crankset to see if I could find any problems with the bottom bracket. On the stand with the chain removed, it spun quite freely, but I was determined to fix this noise so I popped it off anyway. It turns out that the inner sleeve of the Rotor 46/24 bottom bracket I am using seems to be freely moving around inside the BB shell, even though the cups seem quite solid and I could not detect any play in them. This video shows the movement: https://youtube.com/shorts/CQeRGpTR3XQ?feature=share

Do you think this is a normal kind of play in that interior BB sleeve? I searched around a bit for schematics of the Rotor BB but couldn't find any. It seems strange to me that this kind of movement would be allowed by design, because I could definitely see riding over some hard cobbles causing it to jump around and impact/wear the axle.

If this is a fault, how could it have happened? The BB was installed by a local "high-end" shop when I received my ADH frameset last summer - I built up everything else than that myself.
That doesn't look right. I'm not an expert in rotor bbs but I thought they came with a plastic sleeve with o-rings at either end. Designed to fit very snugly in the cups when they're pressed in.

Are there markings on the sleeve indicating it's a rotor part? Wondering if it was bodged with something else...
Looked around with a flashlight but didn’t see anything marked. However I heard back from Rotor support today and they wrote:
“ If the center sleeve was not centered could result in it becoming loose on one side. To fix will need to remove at least 1 side of the bottom bracket.”

So it seems they agree it’s not normal. In fact the sleeve is loose on both ends, so will need to take the BB out entirely.

Doubt I will return to the same shop that did it the first time, but maybe I can convince them to repair with discount since they did the job.
velomane wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:59 pm
Whenever I develop a click as you described, I remove the wheels and clean the dropouts, skewers- pretty much any point of contact between the bike and the wheels. This works nearly 100% of the time for me. Of course, I only figured this out after mostly disassembling the bike in question a few times over the years.
Yes, I also have done this. Basically, I wanted to avoid taking apart the bottom bracket if at all possible so I greased and tightened everything I could read about first…. But no luck.

I’m wondering whether I should use this opportunity to go to a thread together BB so nothing like this happens again. Thoughts on a Wheels or CBear?
Road - Time Alpe d'Huez 01 rim
All-road - Diverge Elite DSW '16 disc

sakattack

by sakattack

MiddMan wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2024 1:13 pm
This looks amazing! Is it a size L or XL?

Beautiful and balanced look. How do you find the handling with a shorter effective top tube compared to other frames with a longer top tubes? Curious about descending especially.
sakattack wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 8:51 pm
This bike may not be the lightest or the fastest aero optimized one but puts me a big smile with every pedal stroke.I love it!
Thanks!It is a size L,i am 183cm tall so the fit is just right and where i want it to be.The bike is very responsive especially when you push hard,that's why i smashed my PR in a short climb after almost 6 years!It is very confident inspiring as you descending and the faster you go,the more stable you feel it.Taking corners is a joy,you just have to point where you want to be and it takes you there!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Yoln

by Yoln

New endurance bike about to be released? Doesn't look anywhere near a Scylon, nor do I see anything mentioned about weight, so I guess we're in for yet another >1100gr frameset...

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8CwMFovIQH/
Litespeed Gravel Ultimate : https://tinyurl.com/zvxxy8zk
Wilier “Cento Ramato“ : https://tinyurl.com/29vs8vre
#RETIRED# Lynskey “the Do-it-all Helix” 🧬:https://tinyurl.com/bdmb5y24

SaladhOlivier

by SaladhOlivier

I think, it could be ADHX in new colours that quickly appeared and disappeared on the website.

pemo

by pemo

SaladhOlivier wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 3:55 am
I think, it could be ADHX in new colours that quickly appeared and disappeared on the website.
Yes I also think it is this. Last friday the ADHX38 appeared under the "road" section with this new baseline: "optimised for 32-35C" but the geometry is exactly the adhx's one
Last edited by pemo on Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mathemagician

by mathemagician

SaladhOlivier wrote:
Yea, it's this. I'm wondering how much inspiration I gave Time...when I bought my frameset RTP the UK Sales Rep asked what I did with it, and parts of my frame are hypershift pearl flake over raw carbon. I'm gonna take credit either way :D
Attachments
IMG20220703133535.jpg
IMG20220625122808.jpg

by 208

Anyone put an integrated bar/stem on their ADHX or ADH and had any issues with cable integration?

Just planning out my next build build...

njleach

by njleach

208 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2024 6:37 pm
Anyone put an integrated bar/stem on their ADHX or ADH and had any issues with cable integration?

Just planning out my next build build...
I've got fully internal routing on my ADHX45, but that's with a separate deda stem and 3T bar.

Looks like you can combine a Chris King Aeroset headset with an ENVE one piece bar stem (the Aeroset is compatible with ENVE & FSA internal cable routing systems): https://bikerumor.com/chris-king-aerose ... -headsets/

https://chrisking.com/collections/aeroset%E2%84%A2

Guardian

by Guardian

SaladhOlivier wrote:
Looks like that's correct, just new colors

https://shop.timebicycles.com/collections/alpe-dhuez-x

farkdotcomuser

by farkdotcomuser

mathemagician wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 9:18 pm
SaladhOlivier wrote:
Yea, it's this. I'm wondering how much inspiration I gave Time...when I bought my frameset RTP the UK Sales Rep asked what I did with it, and parts of my frame are hypershift pearl flake over raw carbon. I'm gonna take credit either way :D
holey moley :!:

steveadore

by steveadore

What are the main differences from the ADHX? Dyneema and also Vectran? (afaik, the ADH23 had the Vectran, while the ADHX only had Dyneema?)
Geometry is 100% the same, isn't it?

Tychom

by Tychom

New geometry, chainstays are 2mm shorter and bb 1mm higher. At least when looking at the XL size.

steveadore

by steveadore

Tychom wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:56 am
New geometry, chainstays are 2mm shorter and bb 1mm higher. At least when looking at the XL size.
You're right, 2 mm difference CSL and WB. Not that big of a difference though.

mxsc

by mxsc

steveadore wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:41 am
What are the main differences from the ADHX? Dyneema and also Vectran? (afaik, the ADH23 had the Vectran, while the ADHX only had Dyneema?)
Geometry is 100% the same, isn't it?
They write that the "new" ADHX has the same carbon as the ADH
Alpe d’Huez X now uses the same premium carbon layup as Alpe d’Huez disc.
The geometry is not exactly the same, they claim the same stack and reach for the ADH and ADHX, but head angle, bb drop, and wheelbase are not exactly the same. See here:

Not sure if these differences changes are noticable.

Tychom

by Tychom

I'm more than a little sad they're continuing with the same fork rake across the entire range, seems a little lazy at the price. Trail figure on the XL comes in under 54mm with a 35mm tyre and under 53mm for a 32mm which I feel would be unreasonably twitchy. Maybe I'm over thinking that - there are other aspects of the geometry to consider too, but the smaller frame sizes have trail numbers I'd be much happier with.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com