Chinese ultralight handlebar passed SGS quality certification

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

alanyu

by alanyu

Hensem wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:58 am
alanyu wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:23 am
Hensem wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:56 am
Is there such an integrated stem bar with a 70mm reach and a stem angle of -7, -6 or even less? All handlebars are -10 and this means even more spacers to the existing ones.
Farsports if OD1, use +-3 deg sleeve to raise the bar.
About what sleeve are you talking about? Can you send a link, please?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=175422&p=1866582#p1866582

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Hensem

by Hensem

Thanks for the link. But anyway, this handlebar has a 75 reach.

impotentloki

by impotentloki

Anyone with the Falcon IIs and had bad/negative experience with it so far? I am considering between a SL7 Stem + EXS R175 or a Falcon II...

marcelofs

by marcelofs

impotentloki wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:33 am
Anyone with the Falcon IIs and had bad/negative experience with it so far? I am considering between a SL7 Stem + EXS R175 or a Falcon II...
Nope, i really like mine! Its a 360x120 size i dont feel any flex on the hoods, its pretty light, the custom spacer works fine on my emonda the only "issue" i had is that i had to tighten it to 7Nm ( the max is 8Nm) and no the usual 5Nm to stop creeks

aandresgm

by aandresgm

I placed an order for the R175 a couple of days ago. Very happy with EXS's customer service so far, I managed to add the air tape to my order after chatting with them on Instagram. Will report back when I get it.

Eterna7m

by Eterna7m

Received my falcon IIs recently. I'll post some pictures later.
I've noticed some smaller issues and additionally I've tried mounting it on the steerer tube and that was really hard (even without expander plug installed and stem bolts removed).
I've only had Aluminium stems so I don't know for sure but that doesn't seem right ? It's OD2

BenCousins

by BenCousins

theOrtherion wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 11:39 am
BenCousins wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 8:45 am
gruppetto wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 8:13 am
BenCousins wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 5:30 pm
The flex is an issue if you are competing, if you aren't competing, why are you sprinting? :D
I compete on a high amateur level (state champion, bla bla bla), using the Falcon II bars on one of my bikes. +1.000W for 30s. The cockpit is totally fine, not as stiff as aluminium bars, but not holding me back. I sprint on the road not on a static trainer, 1mm flex of my handlebars is the last thing to worry about in the transmission of power.
Anyway, again I don't reccomend these bars, spend a bit more and get something non-compromised BUT if you already bought them, have a supersix and are willing to attack both the (incorrectly manufactured) custom spacer and the carbon top cap, you get to this:

IMG_7540.jpg
Why do you say that the spacer is incorrectly manufactured?
Because it is. It doesn't fit as delivered. Needs modifying.

BenCousins

by BenCousins

impotentloki wrote:
Yep, the 380x110 I received is extremely flexy compared to the carbon bar it was replacing. Furthermore the Supersix spacer that they sent didn't fit and needed modifying with a craft knife.

Now Avian CS are saying I got the 'old' spacer and they will send me a new one. Getting that response took six days, and I've received no confirmation the replacement was actually sent.

My recommendation is to spend a bit more and get a known brand integrated bar which you can be sure has the right stiffness level, will ship with the correct parts and where you can get rapid follow up either from retailer or manufacturer.

This thread is very much infected with groupthink.

marcelofs

by marcelofs

BenCousins wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 4:20 pm
impotentloki wrote:
Yep, the 380x110 I received is extremely flexy compared to the carbon bar it was replacing. Furthermore the Supersix spacer that they sent didn't fit and needed modifying with a craft knife.

Now Avian CS are saying I got the 'old' spacer and they will send me a new one. Getting that response took six days, and I've received no confirmation the replacement was actually sent.

My recommendation is to spend a bit more and get a known brand integrated bar which you can be sure has the right stiffness level, will ship with the correct parts and where you can get rapid follow up either from retailer or manufacturer.

Just because you had a bad experience with it doesnt mean everybody will have it, and by what we are seeing in this thread it seems that loads of people are liking it

Eterna7m

by Eterna7m

So the stem bolt holes look a bit rough.
I think the steerer clamping part might be bit undersized. With 31.7 cm I can insert the caliper fully, with 31.8 cm it's only possible halfway. So I think at the ends it's fine but it gets smaller towards the middle.
I would think that's not normal because I felt like I would need a hammer to put on the steerer tube. But I haven't used carbon stems before.

What do you think ?
Attachments
IMG_4951.jpeg
IMG_4952.jpeg
IMG_4954.jpeg
IMG_4953.jpeg

ItalianEngineering

by ItalianEngineering

I could see excess resin, some splotches on the inner face of the steerer clamp. I sanded it until I could get it up and down the steerer without feeling like I was going to damage something. The steerer itself did a lot of the sanding for me (the upper part which was going to be cut off). You will need to ro tate the handlebar back and forth to move it down the steerer. I was told most carbon steerer/stems have a very tight interface.

BenCousins

by BenCousins

marcelofs wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 5:35 pm
BenCousins wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 4:20 pm
impotentloki wrote:

Just because you had a bad experience with it doesnt mean everybody will have it, and by what we are seeing in this thread it seems that loads of people are liking it
That's the groupthink I'm referring to. Product gets announced, people get excited about it. Some people order it. They don't want to admit that the product isn't that impressive, a consensus is formed in the group, dissent is fought because it doesn't match the consensus.

These bars are flexy, the stem part isn't high enough, as we can see here there's not great manufacturing quality and they ship with parts that don't function well.

Nice website and photos though.

Nickldn

by Nickldn

Eterna7m wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 6:51 pm
I think the steerer clamping part might be bit undersized. With 31.7 cm I can insert the caliper fully, with 31.8 cm it's only possible halfway. So I think at the ends it's fine but it gets smaller towards the middle.
I would think that's not normal because I felt like I would need a hammer to put on the steerer tube. But I haven't used carbon stems before.

What do you think ?
I wouldn't accept those stem holes. They are important in keeping the bar clamped to the steerer tube, so I'd say if they look suspect (and they certainly do on your photo) then there's a chance you may end up with the bars slipping due to lack of clamping force.

Return 'em.

ckspark

by ckspark

Eterna7m wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 6:51 pm

What do you think ?
That is terrible quality, has anyone else seen this on theirs? Do they offer any warranty at all?

nullptr

by nullptr

I've received the Canary (the stiffer T1100 2024 model) last week and I just checked if my threads were okay, because I've never unscrewed the bolts. Mine is fine. Really happy with the quality of the other parts as well. The bar is quite flexy (80kg), but not that much that it's concerning. I often had to deal with numb hands after long rides in the past and these totally got rid of the issue. Very comfortable but definitely not for sprinting.

255g for 380/120. Garmin+GoPro Mount is quite heavy: 34g. Ordered a 15g mount from aliexpress. I asked them include both black and rainbow ti bolts and they did so without charging extra. I ordered directly from their website and I did not had to pay any VAT (Germany, came with DPD). 278€ total. It took 2 weeks to arrive.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com