Chinese ultralight handlebar passed SGS quality certification

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

BenCousins

by BenCousins

Someone should make a graph from this thread - positivity of post compared to total numer of posts by that user.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nickldn

by Nickldn

BenCousins wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 8:19 pm
Someone should make a graph from this thread - positivity of post compared to total numer of posts by that user.
Look, I have bought 3 integrated bars in my life:

Toseek - ebay, cheap and initially very good, but cracked stem clamp in about 500 miles. Disappointed.

Yeoleo H10 - not so cheap, but very good quality and weight. Highly recommend.

Roval Rapide - very expensive, but fit and finish is on a different planet to the other bars.

The photos in the recent thread look like the finish of the stem bolt holes is a safety issue. Totally unacceptable.

Nothing negative about that, just honestly stating an opinion based on the evidence.

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

BenCousins wrote:Someone should make a graph from this thread - positivity of post compared to total numer of posts by that user.
This is a great idea. The results would probably not be surprising though. This forum certainly has its share of shill posts.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

Whipit

by Whipit

nullptr wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:48 pm

255g for 380/120. Garmin+GoPro Mount is quite heavy: 34g. Ordered a 15g mount from aliexpress. I asked them include both black and rainbow ti bolts and they did so without charging extra. I ordered directly from their website and I did not had to pay any VAT (Germany, came with DPD). 278€ total. It took 2 weeks to arrive.

What is the model name of the mount you have ordered

Eterna7m

by Eterna7m

I’ve inquired, let’s see what happens. I don’t expect much.

nullptr

by nullptr

Whipit wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2024 6:15 am
What is the model name of the mount you have ordered
32787707918 RXL SL-Bicycle Handlebar Support, Carbon Handlebar Extender Holder

kroem

by kroem

So...like when you talk about flex and "not for sprinting" does that mean it will just...snap? Or you just never ever put power down with those bars on?
Current
Waltly Gravel (stolen... and found!)
P-X Spitfire Ti
Fairlight Strael

Old
Canyon Ultimate SLX 6.7kg (crashed)
Tantan GR039 7.2kg (sold)

nullptr

by nullptr

I've put my whole body weight on them and pushed as hard as I can. Hung myself on each side. Yanked the tf out of them while spriting on Zwift and done plenty of 30s max efforts to the point that I've felt safe using them outdoors. (Indoor) Sprinting just doesn't feel as good as with a very stiff bar.

impotentloki

by impotentloki

Anyone with the Falcon II and EXS R175 able to share some measurements of the bar?

Specifically the "width" of the tops, wanted to see how wide it is for the palms to be resting on it.

dsveddy

by dsveddy

I've put about 500 miles on my Avian Falcon II on my Seka. Specced at 360mm x 120mm. They're fine. Stiffer than the OEM Seka bars my bike came with--although those have a reputation for not being stiff. The Falcons are stiffer and lighter than any other chinese bar I've had, and I've had a few. The fit and finish is nothing to write home about, and I had to do a bit of grinding on my 3D printed spacer adapter to get the right angle near the bottom face of the stem, otherwise the adapter would push the front of the headset bearing down, causing creaking. As far as value for money, I think it's hard to beat these bars.

Side note: has anyone else seen that Avian is now offering the Canary in a 340mm width, with stem lengths up to 140mm? I think these are truly the only companies in the world offering sizing this long and narrow--if you are a serious racer going for a super-narrow/aero package, these should be a top choice if the stiffness isn't too bad

bedampft

by bedampft

impotentloki wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 7:57 am
Anyone with the Falcon II and EXS R175 able to share some measurements of the bar?

Specifically the "width" of the tops, wanted to see how wide it is for the palms to be resting on it.
Falcon II about 38mm near the bend.
R175 about 42mm near the bend.

Also a little note on the bend to the drops:

With the Ultegra/Dura Ace STIs the levers have a bit more distance to the bar, than on the R175. Even with them adjusted in the nearest possible position. So I have to strech my finger a bit to brake while in the drops.

With the R175 I had to adjust the levers about halfway to get the perfect distance. So I like the R175 better here. Much nicer curve edge.

Hensem

by Hensem

bedampft wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:28 pm
With the R175 I had to adjust the levers about halfway to get the perfect distance.
Can you share photos of the R175, please?

BenCousins

by BenCousins

It's nearly 4 weeks since I contacted Avian about the incorrect spacers for the Supersix, two and a half weeks since they replied and I requested a replacement part (that they claim exists, I doubt it), but despite repeated emails asking for updates I have received exactly nothing in response.

I guess the talk of great customer service is the people with mysteriously low post counts,

BenCousins

by BenCousins

dsveddy wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:19 pm
if you are a serious racer going for a super-narrow/aero package, these should be a top choice if the stiffness isn't too bad
Plase god do not use this combo if you are a serious racer, unless you sprint at max 600 watts. I can't imagine how noodly these will be in the canary lightness with that stem,

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

aandresgm

by aandresgm

I received my 36cm R175 today. Very light, at 176g. Finishing looks very good and the packaging is also nice. It took 9 days for the handlebars to reach me in Germany, which is truly not bad at all. I also got their bar tape, but tbh I'm not very impressed by it, as it feels like pretty cheap foam with virtually no grip.

I'll install them in a couple of weeks and will report back.