Chinese ultralight handlebar passed SGS quality certification

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Timuk

by Timuk

I messaged the Avian store. They recommended the V1 bars not the V2 bars you see on the store. Similar weight but slightly different shape at stem which (I hope since I haven't built it yet) will suit my frame better.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Avian Falcon II​ 360x110mm at 283g
PXL_20240208_052548658.jpg
I did not use the Cannondale Supersix Evo (gen4) specific transition spacer because the total stack would be 3mm taller (16mm vs 13mm) than if I just use regular headset cap for Supersix. That's a shame. If only it match stock height or can get lower then I'd totally use it...

Shape: I'd prefer the top to be thinner (top to bottom) and broader (front to back). But can't complain much when their focus is clearly weight rather than aerodynamic.
PXL_20240208_034912351.jpg
Stiffness: The bar is not overly stiff, so that's a relief. I had hesitation before order that it could be too stiff based on how they describe Canary to be soft but Falcon II is hard. Top feel solid. Drop can flex by multiple millimeters when I torque it hard.
My prior bar stem combo (Enve SES Aero road bar 35/40cm + Tarmac SL7 stem 12 degree 110mm) is definitely stiffer. But that's 450g combined versus Falcon II 's 283g.
PXL_20240208_052642661.jpg

BadBoyR

by BadBoyR

I’m pleased with mine, came in on weight 280gm 380x110 Falcons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dentaltechbiker

by Dentaltechbiker

BadBoyR wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:23 pm

Looks great!!! any chance you could post some more photos... ive got a white soloist frameset im building out and deciding between the avian falcons vs exs aerover. I like loooks of aerover more, but these seem to check all the boxes. slightly lighter, slightly cheaper, and more availability.

Does anyone know the difference in shape between canary and falcon II? is the falcon bar wider/flatter on the tops?

BadBoyR

by BadBoyR

Dentaltechbiker wrote:
BadBoyR wrote:

Looks great!!! any chance you could post some more photos... ive got a white soloist frameset im building out and deciding between the avian falcons vs exs aerover. I like loooks of aerover more, but these seem to check all the boxes. slightly lighter, slightly cheaper, and more availability.

Does anyone know the difference in shape between canary and falcon II? is the falcon bar wider/flatter on the tops?

Dentaltechbiker

by Dentaltechbiker

BadBoyR wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:22 pm
Dentaltechbiker wrote:
BadBoyR wrote:

thanks, you convinced me to go with the avian falcan ii. is the soloist od1 or od2 steerer?

BadBoyR

by BadBoyR

Dentaltechbiker wrote:
BadBoyR wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:22 pm
Dentaltechbiker wrote:
BadBoyR wrote:

thanks, you convinced me to go with the avian falcan ii. is the soloist od1 or od2 steerer?
OD1

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Dentaltechbiker wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:16 pm
Some shape highlights:
1) Thickness of the bar top (top to bottom) : same. About 22-23mm thick.

2) Depth of the bar top (front to back) : Falcon is broader. As such, Canary top is oval shaped. Falcon is longer oval shaped. Neither are flat wing like Enve, Roval etc.

3) Flare : same. +2cm in drop.

4) Reach : Canary is 76mm, Falcon is 70mm.
If you are between stem length, this is a nice way to get your half cm of reach dialed.

TheOnlyAaron

by TheOnlyAaron

I am due to recieve my Avian Canary soon. Can I trouble anyone to measure the holes for the cables/hoses that will be used for external routing?

I would like to buy plugs to prevent dirt ingress into the bars.

Thanks in advance.

AZR3

by AZR3

Upcountry wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:16 pm
Interesting... I have returned mine, and will most likely hold out for the EXS R175 handlebar(non integrated stem) unless the Enve SES Aero integrated comes out sooner. I also noticed that Panda Podium is offering a "enchanced/reinforced" version at a small weight penalty. Had this been available when I first ordered, I would've have gone that route, or even gone with the Falcon if they offered it. For reference, my 36cm x 110mm weighed 231gr, so perhaps yours are already the enhanced version, or I just happened to get a really light layup pair, which wouldn't be unheard of in carbon manufacturing.
I've been checking on EXS' website and hadn't seen the R175 added yet so I messaged them on their Instagram account over the weekend and they said they'd put the bar up in a few days. I checked just now and its up on their site for anyone who is interested.

https://exs-cycling.com/products/r175-r ... tsId=10057

Upcountry

by Upcountry

AZR3 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:41 pm
I've been checking on EXS' website and hadn't seen the R175 added yet so I messaged them on their Instagram account over the weekend and they said they'd put the bar up in a few days. I checked just now and its up on their site for anyone who is interested.

https://exs-cycling.com/products/r175-r ... tsId=10057
Good looking out! Thanks!
I've actually been sitting on a pair of "The One" 36cm bars, that I like the looks of and they feel nice and stiff. I'm in winter indoor trainer mode, so I haven't pulled apart the Aethos to mount them yet, although the weight of 250g has me a little hesitant. So with that, I just ordered a set of the R175's. I'd actually be able to mount them without any brake bleed, as I'm running PRO PLT Ergo's that have a similar cable groove underneath, so thats worth something...

jch3n

by jch3n

Gosh. Right after I went through the trouble of buying a set through Superbuy/Taobao.....the EXS R175 is like the perfect handlebar in my mind. Short reach, compact drop, flat tops, light weight, slight flare, handles internal and external routing *chef's kiss*

AZR3

by AZR3

Upcountry wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:29 am
Good looking out! Thanks!
I've actually been sitting on a pair of "The One" 36cm bars, that I like the looks of and they feel nice and stiff. I'm in winter indoor trainer mode, so I haven't pulled apart the Aethos to mount them yet, although the weight of 250g has me a little hesitant. So with that, I just ordered a set of the R175's. I'd actually be able to mount them without any brake bleed, as I'm running PRO PLT Ergo's that have a similar cable groove underneath, so thats worth something...
Cool, interested to see how you like them

Weber

by Weber

any good and affordable integrated handlebar with 6 or 7 o 8 degree?
Avian Falcon only come with 10°

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Wai8

by Wai8

I received my Avian Falcon bars (36cm - 110mm) - weight was 267grams without any hardware.

Went out on a spin earlier today to give them a test and I couldn’t feel too much flex, there was a little bit but not enough for me to be worried about. So overall pretty pleased!