Factor Ostro

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kode54

by kode54

mathias720 wrote:to those of you who have upgraded for the darimo seatpost for the factor ostro vam.
is the setback version also 25mm as the original one and the straight 0 setback?
i know some manufactures have had different ways of meassuring this. and also that darimo some times makes 15mm setback.

also if you did get the 0mm setback does it come with the loop seat mount or the classic bolt and clamp mechanism?

also show pictures!!!
i am going to buy one after my bikefit but cant get a hold of darimo for this info, have tried 3 times now.
Looks close to Ostro 0 setback.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

kode54

by kode54

tommyb wrote:So Vires Velo have said I can’t fit my THM Clavicula to the Ostro they’re building for me. Anyone know if it’s possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No issues clearing. Scratch on crank arm from previous crash since the crankset was taken off my O2 VAM.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

m3bas

by m3bas

Anyone have the gravel Ostro yet? Seriously thinking of this as a do it all bike. Only race on road 2-3 times per year, with aero wheels can’t be that different?

mathias720

by mathias720

kode54 wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:59 am
mathias720 wrote:
cyclespeed wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:26 am
mathias720 wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:46 am
to those of you who have upgraded for the darimo seatpost for the factor ostro vam.
is the setback version also 25mm as the original one and the straight 0 setback?
i know some manufactures have had different ways of meassuring this. and also that darimo some times makes 15mm setback.

also if you did get the 0mm setback does it come with the loop seat mount or the classic bolt and clamp mechanism?

also show pictures!!!
i am going to buy one after my bikefit but cant get a hold of darimo for this info, have tried 3 times now.
I have the zero setback Darimo on my Ostro. You can see it on my Youtube channel.

And yes, the Ostro IS more aero than the SL7. Because I said so......:)
i saw your video. do you know if its true 0mm? so 25mm difference from the original 25mm setback?
Not sure if it’s exactly 0 setback. I just got my Darimo seatpost for the Ostro. Due to the positioning of the saddle clamps, it appears to be about 10-15mm of setback. I’ll post a pic later.
just got an answer from darimo.
"We have 𝘁𝘄𝗼 𝗺𝗼𝗱𝗲𝗹𝘀 with different setback
𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 is 5mm forward (as factor measures it) & 𝟭𝗺𝗺 𝘀𝗲𝘁𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸 from the center of the shape.
𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗱 has a more common shape, 9mm setback as factor measures and 𝟭𝟱𝗺𝗺 𝘀𝗲𝘁𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸 from the centre of the shape."

Seems like the 1mm forward is 30mm further forward that the original factor 25mm setback
and the 15mm setback is 16 mm further forward that the original 25mm setback.

is yours the straight version or setback version ?

spud

by spud

m3bas wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:02 pm
Anyone have the gravel Ostro yet? Seriously thinking of this as a do it all bike. Only race on road 2-3 times per year, with aero wheels can’t be that different?

Make sure you try one first if possible. Usually, gravel bikes have more trail and reduced head angle to create more stable handling off road. It also means the handling is a bit piggish on the road, if you are used to the way a good road bike handles.

m3bas

by m3bas

Unfortunately not possible to ride the Factors...
I know what you mean but I thought I remember reading somewhere the geo was designed to be more "road like" with smaller tyres?

spud

by spud

get the geo specs. Bigger tires increase trail, which makes the bike less nimble. I'd expect to see a slight increase in fork rake to compensate vs road frame. Also check the crown to dropout dimension, I suspect it is longer than road, which will decrease head angle (leading to more trail potentially) and raise the BB.

tmanley

by tmanley

Sharing in case anyone was in the same situations as me with the need for a longer seatpost. To get a BB-to-saddle fit of 91cm for me, Factor shipped my frame with the gravel seatpost - it measures out to 400mm and weighs 247g w/ hardware.

MrRolandos

by MrRolandos

tmanley wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:46 am
Sharing in case anyone was in the same situations as me with the need for a longer seatpost. To get a BB-to-saddle fit of 91cm for me, Factor shipped my frame with the gravel seatpost - it measures out to 400mm and weighs 247g w/ hardware.
Do you know what the max is on default? My current BB to top of the saddlepost is 88.5cm.

tmanley

by tmanley

MrRolandos wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:40 pm
Do you know what the max is on default? My current BB to top of the saddlepost is 88.5cm.
Unfortunately I don't - I'd estimate it could be 350mm.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

BTW, has anyone found/used a lighter Garmin mount than the stock 35+ gram elephant on the Black Inc bars?
Found something "potentially lighter", but no idea if it really is:
https://www.racewaredirect.co/shop/garm ... -inc-bars/
Of course, there's also the Alpitude variant:
https://alpitude.cc/shop/stelvio-black- ... ont-mount/
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

mrlobber wrote:BTW, has anyone found/used a lighter Garmin mount than the stock 35+ gram elephant on the Black Inc bars?
The raceware one would probably be half the weight of the stock mount, it works great.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Aryeh

by Aryeh

Kayrehn wrote:
mrlobber wrote:BTW, has anyone found/used a lighter Garmin mount than the stock 35+ gram elephant on the Black Inc bars?
The raceware one would probably be half the weight of the stock mount, it works great.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Mine broke when going over a bump sending my gps flying but I was using a relatively heavy Hammerhead Karoo 2 with the Garmin adapter they provide.
Now I use the new style mount with a blendr style karoo mount. ImageImage

seventyseven

by seventyseven

Just had a UPS delivery... :D
Attachments
IMG_2617.jpeg

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

That's pretty wild. Be sure to post a photo of the finished build.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com