Factor Ostro

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

KarlGLS

by KarlGLS

kode54 wrote:That looks nice! Thanks for posting those images. From the looks of it...seems like there's a plug underneath that allows others to pass hydro hoses outside of the 1-1/8" steerer tube?

And you said 340mm c-c at hoods Sti, 390mm at drops, correct? seems like a 380mm bar would come out to 360mm once the shifters are mounted and measured?
Answer from factor Australia

« Hi Karl,
8deg Flare
80 reach
120 drop
Backsweep 3deg <1cm @ shifters »

Hope this would help guys
simply blabla-ing

KarlGLS

by KarlGLS

Erwin wrote:
mathias720 wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:55 am
Regarding spacers for the bottom bracket.
did people follow the recomendation in the manual?
i am installing a sram red crank, with quarq dub zero powermeter.
manual states 3+1+1 mm drive side and 3mm non drive side.

my problem is when setting up my dura-ace 9150 front derailleur, i cant trim it to be far enough from the frame with the electric trimming ( running out of trim before touching chain, (our even close))

so was thinking if i should move one 1mm spacer from driveside to non drive side to move the chainrings 1mm closer to the frame ?
I can tell you tomorrow or on Thursday how it goes. I have tried it at Sunday, but haven't torqued the crank down. According to Ceramicspeed 5mm at DS and 2mm at NDS are correct. I have space left at the NDS with 7mm spacers (both sides) and don't want a totally screwed out preloader. So I was wondering if 3mm on NDS as you described will be needed. But as already said, I have to fully torque the crank and then I will see how it goes with chainline and the fd-r9250.
Yes please let us know! About to install Quarq d four 9150 chainrings sram red chassis on an Ostro
simply blabla-ing

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

seventyseven

by seventyseven

I posted this frameset back on page... I don't know which, it was sometime last year... and I finally ended up having it built up this week. Very happy* with the end result**, it came in at 7.21 kg ready to ride (bottle cages, pedals, Garmin mount) with very few, if any, exotic parts. I figure with a Darimo seatpost and a lighter saddle I would be under 7, and 6.8 would be attainable with some shallower wheels.
IMG_2871.jpeg
* Okay, the bad. Anyone else experienced this? According to the shop, the contour around the thru axle makes it impossible for the flat mount adapter to sit flush with the fork, so they had to shim it with a small washer. Apparently this isn't the first Ostro they've seen with this issue and it may be a defect. I think I am going to chase Factor over this because gosh darn it, I want it to be perfect.
IMG_2873.jpeg
** I haven't actually ridden it yet!

KarlGLS

by KarlGLS

seventyseven wrote:I posted this frameset back on page... I don't know which, it was sometime last year... and I finally ended up having it built up this week. Very happy* with the end result**, it came in at 7.21 kg ready to ride (bottle cages, pedals, Garmin mount) with very few, if any, exotic parts. I figure with a Darimo seatpost and a lighter saddle I would be under 7, and 6.8 would be attainable with some shallower wheels.
IMG_2871.jpeg
* Okay, the bad. Anyone else experienced this? According to the shop, the contour around the thru axle makes it impossible for the flat mount adapter to sit flush with the fork, so they had to shim it with a small washer. Apparently this isn't the first Ostro they've seen with this issue and it may be a defect. I think I am going to chase Factor over this because gosh darn it, I want it to be perfect.
IMG_2873.jpeg
** I haven't actually ridden it yet!
From what I know this is a casual case ..
simply blabla-ing

kode54

by kode54

Is that a 160/180 rotor adapter? If so, try a 140/160 adapter. Mine fit with no issue with the latter adapter.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

kode54

by kode54

Erwin wrote:I did DI2 full wiring and the plug underneath help to fiddle in a J304 junction after routing the brake lines. It was only enough room with the wire from the frame connected at the other side from the junction box. I have to bend the wires quite hard, but it worked out great and so better battery life and no DI2 wake up needed. I have removed batteries from the STIs. So gain back 2g. :D

Yesterday I fell over the Ostro Gravel manual und please have a look at the steerer there. Round fork and the brake lines go through the headset cap and then through the plugged hole from the bar.
https://factorbikes.com/wp-content/upl ... al_v01.pdf

kode54 wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:41 pm
And you said 340mm c-c at hoods Sti, 390mm at drops, correct? seems like a 380mm bar would come out to 360mm once the shifters are mounted and measured?
Yes I would guess so too. 380mm wide bars should be 360mm with new Shimano STIs and 410mm at the drops.
Thx. I suppose the shifter mounting area and angle makes it point inwards to make it narrower? Your installed pictures don’t look like it.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Ostro23

by Ostro23

Got my new baby too :beerchug:
Comes in at around 7.4kg including saddle, pedals and 2 bottle cages, 58 frame, custom paint job.
Setup with Ultegra 12x (but DA cassette and chain).
Will be challenging to clean the white matte frame though.
Attachments
43C406BE-48D8-49D8-A9A7-14E7D41427E0.jpeg

tarmackev

by tarmackev

Ostro33
That's stunning!

pkaro

by pkaro

That bar looks really nice. It would work very well also with frames (like mine) which don't have integrated cabling through the headset/steerer/fork, as that plug underneath can just be left open. If only it wasn't priced so astronomically high!!

seventyseven

by seventyseven

kode54 wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:29 am
Is that a 160/180 rotor adapter? If so, try a 140/160 adapter. Mine fit with no issue with the latter adapter.
Thanks, I'll give that a shot!

MysticRiver

by MysticRiver

kode54 wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:32 am
Erwin wrote:I did DI2 full wiring and the plug underneath help to fiddle in a J304 junction after routing the brake lines. It was only enough room with the wire from the frame connected at the other side from the junction box. I have to bend the wires quite hard, but it worked out great and so better battery life and no DI2 wake up needed. I have removed batteries from the STIs. So gain back 2g. :D

Yesterday I fell over the Ostro Gravel manual und please have a look at the steerer there. Round fork and the brake lines go through the headset cap and then through the plugged hole from the bar.
https://factorbikes.com/wp-content/upl ... al_v01.pdf

kode54 wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:41 pm
Yes I would guess so too. 380mm wide bars should be 360mm with new Shimano STIs and 410mm at the drops.
Thx. I suppose the shifter mounting area and angle makes it point inwards to make it narrower? Your installed pictures don’t look like it.

I'm just now realizing some of the differences in this bar from the OG barstem. I'm thinking of replacing my barstem with the new version but I think the main two questions are:
- Does the new bar also have a hole in the stem for routing that way? I don't think the original system would support routing cables through the plug.
-The new bar has 3mm less stack. Given the headset cap isn't circular (ie can't put a spacer on top), do I have to cut my bar 3mm? Maybe I can just add a 5mm spacer and have the gap be 2mm too big?

KarlGLS

by KarlGLS

Ostro23 wrote:Got my new baby too :beerchug:
Comes in at around 7.4kg including saddle, pedals and 2 bottle cages, 58 frame, custom paint job.
Mate. Good luck on that matte white frame ImageImage beautiful to see tho
simply blabla-ing

fidracer

by fidracer

MysticRiver wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:50 pm
I'm just now realizing some of the differences in this bar from the OG barstem. I'm thinking of replacing my barstem with the new version but I think the main two questions are:
- Does the new bar also have a hole in the stem for routing that way? I don't think the original system would support routing cables through the plug.
-The new bar has 3mm less stack. Given the headset cap isn't circular (ie can't put a spacer on top), do I have to cut my bar 3mm? Maybe I can just add a 5mm spacer and have the gap be 2mm too big?
The new bar has a hole through the stem, and can accommodate a round spacer on top. It's not pretty, but you can dial in your fit before cutting the steerer tube.

E70F9B95-8D08-4314-98BD-5F15C397E6E8.jpeg

MysticRiver

by MysticRiver

fidracer wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:34 am
MysticRiver wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:50 pm
The new bar has a hole through the stem, and can accommodate a round spacer on top. It's not pretty, but you can dial in your fit before cutting the steerer tube.

E70F9B95-8D08-4314-98BD-5F15C397E6E8.jpeg
So happy to hear both of those - thank you!!

Ostro23

by Ostro23

KarlGLS wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:58 pm
Ostro23 wrote:Got my new baby too :beerchug:
Mate. Good luck on that matte white frame ImageImage beautiful to see tho
Thanks! Did fall in love before thinking. Guess it will hit the road preferably in dry conditions. Otherwise brake cleaner will hopefully do the job :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com