Factor Ostro

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

owlbass

by owlbass

Hello,

Just ordered a custom painted Ostro VAM Naked Carbon Gloss with gold logos in a 54. I was hoping someone could give me an idea about seatpost length. My saddle height is 735mm and was wondeirng what size Darimo to order? I'll email Factor but thought to ask here as well. I know Darimo can take a while so wanted to get this order in asap.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

thepbx wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:04 pm
Sorry to jump a little off the topic of the thread. Curious is anyone has thoughts on Ostro VAM v. new Cervelo Soloist. It seems like they are very similar frames with the Factor having a little nicer details for a substantially higher $$$.

I wish there was some way to compare CdA other than what looks faster on a 2D photo...
If it's within the budget I would always recommend the Ostro over the Soloist if you are after latest/greatest. If you are interested in being faster, the Ostro is very likely to be more aero. It's also a (subjectively) better looking bike with the clean front end and the excellent and attractive included barstem. Even the seatpost and seat clamp are nicer - the seatpost/saddle junction on the Cervelo is super ugly IMO. But the Soloist might make more sense if you wan't more practicality due to the mechanic friendly cable integration, greater stem are bar options, and slightly larger tire clearance. Apparently you can also use mechanical groupsets on the Soloist. It's clearly a more affordable and easier to manage bike for the average recreational cyclist, while the Ostro is more of a thoroughbred racer.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Well, i wonder what comes out of Froome being a test pilot of Factor. It will be interesting to see what comes after Ostro or what will change.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

kode54

by kode54

owlbass wrote:Hello,

Just ordered a custom painted Ostro VAM Naked Carbon Gloss with gold logos in a 54. I was hoping someone could give me an idea about seatpost length. My saddle height is 735mm and was wondeirng what size Darimo to order? I'll email Factor but thought to ask here as well. I know Darimo can take a while so wanted to get this order in asap.
From Darimo,
You can probably get away with 300mm.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

owlbass

by owlbass

kode54 wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:08 pm
owlbass wrote:Hello,

From Darimo,
You can probably get away with 300mm.
Thanks for the reply! I saw that one on Darimos site but wasn't sure if the center of BB to top of seat tube measurement. Factor has Seat Tube listed as 502 on the 54. I'll email them for specifics.

kode54

by kode54

You can do the math. See what the seat tube length is, add the max measurement where the min insertion point is 220mm for the 300mm length) and there’s your answer. I would definitely get the closest size for the lightest option.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

kode54

by kode54

My 52cm frames seat tube is 480mm. My exposed seatpost is 185mm on the 300mm seat post. I am a bit higher of the middle of the two white dashes. So maybe the next size up?

I would be concerned of too much post insertion.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

DaniRoadMTB

by DaniRoadMTB

owlbass wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:07 pm
Hello,

Is this the Olympic Gold from their Prisma Studio? I would also be interested in a frame with gold logos, but their olympic gold rather looks like orange- but maybe it is just the computer screen.. Would be very interested in seeing some real life pictures :roll:

owlbass

by owlbass

DaniRoadMTB wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:01 am
owlbass wrote:
Hello,

Is this the Olympic Gold from their Prisma Studio? I would also be interested in a frame with gold logos, but their olympic gold rather looks like orange- but maybe it is just the computer screen.. Would be very interested in seeing some real life pictures :roll:
It is the Olympic Gold and I completley agree about it looking oragne. I was looking at #FactorOstro on Instagram and came across it in real life. Looks completely differnt. I was just going to order the Chrome color before I found the pic of Naked Carbon/Olympic Gold gloss. I'll try and find the pic again and post it.

owlbass

by owlbass

Here is Naked Carbon with Olympic Gold logos in Gloss

IMG_8472.jpg

sigma

by sigma

owlbass wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:22 pm
DaniRoadMTB wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:01 am
owlbass wrote:
Hello,

It is the Olympic Gold and I completley agree about it looking oragne. I was looking at #FactorOstro on Instagram and came across it in real life. Looks completely differnt. I was just going to order the Chrome color before I found the pic of Naked Carbon/Olympic Gold gloss. I'll try and find the pic again and post it.
Here is a pic of the olympic gold and matte finish naked carbon via Prisma Studio. It was posted on the Factor Owners group. It's probably the scheme I would do.
Attachments
gold ostro.png
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8

DaniRoadMTB

by DaniRoadMTB

Nice, looks indeed like real gold- Now I have to decide between ostro vam and trek madone :-D

robbosmans

by robbosmans

Did the picture melt or something

CAAD8FRED

by CAAD8FRED

robbosmans wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:19 pm
Did the picture melt or something
looks like an iphone pano photo and the person shook while taking it

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sigma

by sigma

DaniRoadMTB wrote:
Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:56 pm
Nice, looks indeed like real gold- Now I have to decide between ostro vam and trek madone :-D
I've wondered whether Ostro versus Emonda is a better comparison. I've also wondered why the Ostro is one of the few TDF bikes not tested by Tour magazine (after being around for two years now).
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8